BF does not start/"update"

Lodur

Dear support team,

yesterday BF run as usual, but today the launcher just shows “checking” for some seconds before disappearing/closing.

What I have tried:

-          Checking for a log (last one was created yesterday) under Documents/Battleforge

-          Delete this folder – the updater re-creates it with the default config inside.

-          Start as admin

-          Start in compatibility mode (none/win 7/ win 8)

-          Re-installing (incl. all the steps above)

-          Re-installing with disabled antivirus (incl. all the steps above)

Can you tell me, what the problem might be?

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards

Crash.JPG

Today we had to change some DNS and certificate settings for a bigger change we're planning. Unfortunately some users are experiencing some problems with those new DNS settings due to the cached data as well as certificate problems because old certificates are getting used on the client side.

Only thing you can try in this case is, that you reset your router and then restart (not shutdown and boot up again) your PC. If it still doesn't work the only thing you can do right now is waiting for some hours or until tomorrow. We had quite a few users who had the same problem on Discord. And right in the discussion it started to work again for them.

So please be a bit more patient and excuse those problems you're experiencing. But we had to do those changes. There's no way around it unfortunately.

Lodur likes this

18 minutes ago, Aviat0r said:

Today we had to change some DNS and certificate settings for a bigger change we're planning. Unfortunately some users are experiencing some problems with those new DNS settings due to the cached data as well as certificate problems because old certificates are getting used on the client side.

Only thing you can try in this case is, that you reset your router and then restart (not shutdown and boot up again) your PC. If it still doesn't work the only thing you can do right now is waiting for some hours or until tomorrow. We had quite a few users who had the same problem on Discord. And right in the discussion it started to work again for them.

So please be a bit more patient and excuse those problems you're experiencing. But we had to do those changes. There's no way around it unfortunately.

I did what you said. I restart my router and restart my PC and ... It works! Thank you

6 hours ago, Aeolus2 said:

PLS fix it mybe just not next year....

Please read what @Aviat0r has posted just a few messages above before assuming that the development team isn't fixing issues. Especially if you post this statement one hour after your initial post! :natureorb:

Ladadoos and Zyna like this

2 hours ago, Player123 said:

Please read what @Aviat0r has posted just a few messages above before assuming that the development team isn't fixing issues. Especially if you post this statement one hour after your initial post! :natureorb:

Now it works for me, have do nothing only wait. ;)