Norton

Ktaius

Hello, i want try with googleenglish:

Norton deleted some Data from Skylords when i updated Skylords (Heur.AdvML.B Virus detected). I reinstalled and the same again. This must have come with the last update.. bevor this i had no Problems. The Game dosent Work anymore. Then i have send a message to Norton with the ask for change (from "Atention" to "Game") for Skylords Updater but they dont want. See below Email.

"Dear Customer,

This is an important message from Norton Safe Web. We have recently re-evaluated the contents of http://download.skylords.eu/update/skylordsrebornupdater.exe.

The website rating is not changed after evaluation.

For details about this site report, you can go to: http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show_mobile?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.skylords.eu%2Fupdate%2Fskylordsrebornupdater.exe

Thank You!
Norton Safe Web"

What now? I'm not Sure the Skylords Updater is secure ...

Norton Skylords.bmp

Edited by Ktaius

It's pretty unfortunate that Norton detects our applications as suspicious or even as a virus. We had some problems with that in the past, but it got better with the number of downloads and submits to various anti virus companies since they adjusted their heuristic data for our application.

We made a few changes in the past to our Updater and also some client files due to upcoming updates and for security purposes. But we can assure you we won't ship any kind of virus to your PC. We wouldn't have any advantage with any kind of such software. But our problem is, that we can't push up download numbers of our software to fix these heuristic detections or sign our software with certificates since it would cost a lot of money.

In your screenshot I can see that your anti virus detects the SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe.upd so actually the newest version which can be downloaded from our server. Can't you access that file at all or can you try to rename it to SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe manually? If yes, try that. If you really want to play but your anti virus has something against it, you could also try to manually set exceptions for the whole directory of the game installation. If not, there's not much we can do for you right now except hoping that Norton will readjust their detection system according to our software. And we have to pray that updates of our files would survive those adjustments (having some bigger update in the future in mind there).

21 hours ago, Aviat0r said:

In your screenshot I can see that your anti virus detects the SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe.upd so actually the newest version which can be downloaded from our server. Can't you access that file at all or can you try to rename it to SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe manually? If yes, try that.

I have try but nothing changed.

Thank you for your attempt to help! Im not sure what i do now... Do i wait and hoping for improvement or set exceptions for Skylords... i must see.

Bye the way, you all make a great Job with the resurection of Battleforge!!