Ultimate Card Collection

dtBane

Hi! New player here, I am enjoying game very much so far. I've never played Battleforge before, so this is new experience for me and I can share some feedback from the perspective of a brand new player.
The idea of this game is great and the mechanics are quite simple and intuitive. However I struggled a bit with getting to know cards and with deckbuilding - which is quite common in all card games, but can be more or less improved.

The thing that this games lack in my opinion is the possibility to view all cards available in game, with already owned cards highlited (not only cards that you own, which is the case now). It would greatly improve deckbuilding possibilities and players creativity - you would be able to always check which cards would improve your deck or which ones fits best, which ones would create best synergy and so on. This would also help new players to get to know cards better.

I hope you'll find those suggestions helpful.

Cheers!

Metagross31, Arachne, Skylo and 3 others like this

I really like this suggestion!
In case you didn't know yet, you can view all available cards at https://allcards.skylords.eu/ or ingame by clicking the "contents" button at the booster section in the market place.

Your suggestion is still a good point though, since both of these methods rely on you clicking through a second website/ingame window at the same time. Having the possibility to highlight the owned cards or show unowned cards in the inventory sounds really nice imo! (Also really helpful, when you want to collect all cards)

Arachne likes this

Could see it as an option in addition to "General" and "Free PvP" in the collection tab.

Renaming "General" to "Own Collection" and adding "All Cards" for this feature. The cards are already portrayed as sitting in gray sleeves of some sort. Unowned cards could be empty sleeves showing a grayed out U0 version of the respective card. But still allowing to check upgrades and mouseover tooltips.

Maybe @MarcoMaar can explore possibilities.

Xamos likes this

I know this was actually a feature EA was working on but never got to finish. I can only imagine it would need reverse engineering and/or a lot of work so I dont know how realistic it is, but it would be ideal. 

On 5/4/2021 at 4:04 PM, dtBane said:

Hi! New player here, I am enjoying game very much so far. I've never played Battleforge before, so this is new experience for me and I can share some feedback from the perspective of a brand new player.
The idea of this game is great and the mechanics are quite simple and intuitive. However I struggled a bit with getting to know cards and with deckbuilding - which is quite common in all card games, but can be more or less improved.

The thing that this games lack in my opinion is the possibility to view all cards available in game, with already owned cards highlited (not only cards that you own, which is the case now). It would greatly improve deckbuilding possibilities and players creativity - you would be able to always check which cards would improve your deck or which ones fits best, which ones would create best synergy and so on. This would also help new players to get to know cards better.

I hope you'll find those suggestions helpful.

Cheers!

You can launch the test server version of the game, where some cards and things might be somewhat different, but you have all of them unlocked, and can even try them out, although, there are basically no players there, so solo missions is where it's at.

• 2 weeks later...

That is indeed interesting!
I can explore this a bit once I have time.

Without checking the code I would guess this is doable.

We already have the greyed out versions of cards in the game in the upgrade menuimage.thumb.png.27a31ee9f773f2ecee98357cca09af5b.png

Edited by MarcoMaar
Metagross31 likes this

The test server option has already been mentioned. Another way is to play the desired card out of the auction house. Of course only if someone has put it in already and only in the forge.

But I highly recommend the test server for such cases. The cards abilities aren't too different. You can compare it to the way like Microsoft is doing it. It is a prerelease of new balancing changes. Another positive aspect here would be, that you can give feedback on the changes. Although that might be complicated for a new player.

I liked the idea because you easily see which cards are missing in your collection.
Currently, figuring out which cards you need to buy to get a full collection is quite cumbersome.
You likely need a 3rd party tool to find the missing cards.

The crafting system in Hearthstone makes this task much easier.

I just mean the visualization of what is missing, not necessarily crafting the cards.
image.png.526057a70173ec5bf56f63283ffbfcd3.png

It is likely possible but too much work for now.
We can revisit this in the future :) 

Edited by MarcoMaar
Metagross31 likes this