Patch #400028 - 03 May 2021

Zyna

Patch #400028

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies, and Skyfolks,

This update contains our second balance patch for the game alonside some minor changes, enjoy! Feedback to these changes can be given on the balancing discord. When you give feedback make sure to properly support your reasoning by including replays or video footage, otherwise it is not very helpful.

General fixes

• Fixed a russian translation in the achievements filter.

General changes

• Changed default achievement filter from "All" to "Not Completed".
  • Fix Easter Egg achievement using wrong year to calculate Easter Sunday.

Card changes

Kapo, RuneSeeker, Dallarian and 4 others like this

• Zyna changed the title to Patch #400028 - 03 May 2021
  • Zyna pinned and featured this topic

In short:
Aura of Corruption longer recast. [PvP]
Blood Heal larger radius [PvE]
Lost Reaver fix [PvE]
Motivate decreased up time. [PvP, PvE]
Mountaineer no longer knockbacks M, shield is weaker. [PvP, PvE]
Nether Warp Blue  teleports every target only once. [PvP]
Nether Warp Green  teleports every target only once. [PvP, PvE]
Razorshard Orange decreased splash damage [PvP, PvE]
Shadow Mage cost increase [PvP, PvE]
Shadow Worm counters XL, Lifesteal [PvE]
Stone Tempest cost increase [PvP, PvE]
Strikers no longer loot units, loots buildings [PvP]
The Incredible Mo can be used immediately after being built, change to active ability. [PvE]
Wildfire damage to structures nerf. [PvP]
Wintertide redesign [PvP, PvE]
Wrecker ability buff [PvP, PvE]

Large map changes [PvP]

Some maps are nice mounty areas, while other are islands. Pretty cool!
I love the sea ones <3
Thank you for continuing your work!

Edited by Dallarian

16 hours ago, Zyna said:

Patch #400028

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies, and Skyfolks,

This update contains our second balance patch for the game alonside some minor changes, enjoy! Feedback to these changes can be given on the balancing discord. When you give feedback make sure to properly support your reasoning by including replays or video footage, otherwise it is not very helpful.

General fixes

• Fixed a russian translation in the achievements filter.

General changes

• Changed default achievement filter from "All" to "Not Completed".
  • Fix Easter Egg achievement using wrong year to calculate Easter Sunday.

Card changes

What are you doing guys? First you ruin curse well by increasing its cost. Now you ruin my favourite cards - mountaineer and aura of coruption. It seems that you making game comfortable to what you consider "main stream" players who play by the book. Pls remove these changes because some people wanna play different. You gotta save players you are left with because the game is dying... and every player is important. I think if you keep making such changes you will only make pvp comfortable to 10 - 20 main stream by the book players and other people simply wont play. Please let us play pvp not only by the book!!!

Edited by ArchLegend

1 hour ago, ArchLegend said:

Please let us play pvp not only by the book!!!

Don't worry, if you want to lose, nerfs will help you with that.

Jokes aside, have you read explanation behind those changes? They influence ~top 300 players, not only best ones, and it is okay approach to make chances more even.

1 hour ago, Dallarian said:

Don't worry, if you want to lose, nerfs will help you with that.

Jokes aside, have you read explanation behind those changes? They influence ~top 300 players, not only best ones, and it is okay approach to make chances more even.

We will see about that, personaly but sadly i predict even more loss of the players in pvp :(

4 hours ago, ArchLegend said:

What are you doing guys? First you ruin curse well by increasing its cost. Now you ruin my favourite cards - mountaineer and aura of coruption. It seems that you making game comfortable to what you consider "main stream" players who play by the book. Pls remove these changes because some people wanna play different. You gotta save players you are left with because the game is dying... and every player is important. I think if you keep making such changes you will only make pvp comfortable to 10 - 20 main stream by the book players and other people simply wont play. Please let us play pvp not only by the book!!!

I agree, as a Mounty abuser myself, that this mountaineer patch is maybe too hard of a hit.

But I wouldnt agree to your statement, that this patch makes it comfortable to 10-20 main stream by the book players as mountaineer itself was just a too toxic card who won many matchups by just existing.
They basically removed that every game looks the same and I hope they will soon look over to stonekin.

I understand that you and other players may not agree to this patch, but you cant patch everything for everyone. 
There are always, in every game, players who think that because their unit got nerfed/removed nearly killed, that they are forced on the mainstream.. but its the opposite!
Let this encourage you to maybe try other decks? Maybe go Lost souls T2.. play frost fire.. who knows.

You have a deck made out of 20 cards, it is very rare that every deck is similar.

Edit:

And Aura of Corruption is not ruined.. just adjusted.

Loriens likes this

While most of these changes are either needed, or at least fair, the Mounty nerf feels harsh.

Especially since the changes hurt Frost in PvE too. Losing a quarter of the shield and the M-knockback weakens at least part of my T2 core. Wizard Towers are nasty, with their M-knockback, and the shield is so useful.

Razorshard's affinities ability descriptions could probably use a pass over for consistency too. At least on the wiki, the red aff says 'Active' instead of 'Activate'. (Does the red affinity take 4s to explode compared to green's 3s?) 

Inc Mo's QoL buffs are appreciated.

Is proud of ,,not playing by the book'' - plays curse well lmao

Curse well was one of the lamest most played cards in the top 100. If you don't want to play by the book try one of the cards devs carefully buffed to achieve more diversity. Getting a little annoyed by people getting a whole meal for free and complain because one of the side dishes is not exactly their taste. I'm totally fine with well mannered feedback/criticism like Chronopie did, but if i read something like ,,again devs ruining the game'' i gotta stay away from the forum for a while...

Majora and Loriens like this

"Ruin Curse Well" Facepalm, did we actually played same game? It was desire of majority of players who tried PvP.
Mountaineer was also broken onemanarmy in PvP,  this change can be considered as suficient nerf, but let's see how it will be.
it's so funny to hear something about mainstream, when you are talking about Curse Well and Mountaineer which both were mainstream core and broken cards for years.
Actually with Curse Well PvP was played by the book - go T3, spam Curse Well, gg.
When I played Fire Frost in PvP I never used Mountaineer only because it was broken OP toxic as nothing else, it would be just unfair at all.

Edited by Loriens

Razorshard's affinities ability descriptions could probably use a pass over for consistency too. At least on the wiki, the red aff says 'Active' instead of 'Activate'. (Does the red affinity take 4s to explode compared to green's 3s?) 

Unfortunately some descriptive updates for cards did not come through this patch and will be send live next time. If you notice any other inconsistencies between wiki and ingame always let me know. :)

Edited by LEBOVIN

Nice thanks, it actually works.

It would still be quite annoying to patch over 100 replays every single time something gets patched, so a long time fix would still be needed in the future.

2 hours ago, DefAnske said:

Nice thanks, it actually works.

It would still be quite annoying to patch over 100 replays every single time something gets patched, so a long time fix would still be needed in the future.

Not an expert on this personally, but isnt that the case with most similair games? I remember Command & Conquer and Starcraft 2 had similair issues (patch -> breaks replay).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Ladadoos unfeatured and unpinned this topic