Pls more than 1 reroll dailys with specific maps

Diratos

Why is it not possible dailys to reroll with specific maps more than 1 time.
I get only maps on expert.

The problems are:

- you didnt find players who like to play it (on some maps you have to wait hours for players)
- maps with bugs, its possible you have to run more than one time so: you didnt find players who like to play it
- you cant play this alone, if you consider there are far fewer players
- not everyone have friends they can help, and if you have not everyone like to run 2-3 times, because the map hase bugs or...

And why does it have to be an expert at all, maybe it is players who have been playing here for years, I don't care, because I don't understand what motivates it to get your daily booster harder just because you are from the level above, it it is frustrating to wait hours until there are 4-12 players and then to have to repeat the map x times because people don't know what to do, I don't see any point in it, rather the opposite.

The problems with maps have all players, no matter what level they are, dailys are in all games easy af, in BF only frustrating if it comes to specific maps like, assencion, blight, kingdom...etc.

I think, 1 reroll per day, ok, but why not again the next day?
For me its more than frustrating.

Edited by Diratos
Volin likes this

I wasn't aware there were daily quests that require you to play x map on expert. I've always only seen advanced. Is this unlocked after completing the expert map achievement? If so, I guess I got lucky so far.
Nonetheless, I agree that you should be able to reroll a quest again the next day. I quickly learned to never reroll quests after getting hit with Nightmare Shard & Nightmare's End a few days in a row.

usualy with your rank u have playd this game for -+ 1 year. This happens if u only Grind Feeder in Bad harvest and then get Rank PVE 17+. Witout this Bad harvest grind u did, u would know every map very well, and all of them can bi done Solo (exept of Empire and 12player maps) So i do not rly understand ur anger. Its your own fault. 

and just to notice: If u have trouble finding  people to play with, just join into discord. There are many times player online who play with u, and carry u trough the maps. 

sorry for the harsh choice of words, by the way. but there's really no other way than to say: it's your own fault. 

Metagross31 and Loriens like this

4 hours ago, Volin said:

Simply not true

in my opinion its is. he is over 5.8KK XP

considering that each match on expert get ~3500xp means he made ~1700 Pve games (Rpve including) Considering to the ingame ranking, i cant see his name often on any other ranking than Bad Harvest. This looks for me he just Grinded ~1600 Bad harvest Runs to get gold and XP and ?maby? he did 100 different games in Rpve and other cPVE matches witout showing up in the rankings.

I don't know who the thread opener is ingame and what is your - obvious - personal beef you have with him. And it also has nothing to do with the matter in my opinion. The main point of the thread was and is in my opinion: "Don't force us here too much, because it's no fun" - and I still hold this opinion.

Your argument that the TO has probably farmed his high rank in BH is unfortunately off-topic, as it doesn't really get to the heart of the problem. At some point, every casual would come to the point where he has to play maps that he can't manage on his own or that he doesn't feel like playing. And I can think of a dozen other reasons off the top of my head why you might want to bypass a certain campaign map, and each one could/should be respected, even if it might not affect you or you have a different take on it. And "fun" is absolutely the focus here for me, and even though we're all playing the same game, it also shows time and time again that we all have fun doing different things in this game.
That you, as a member of the best PvE team that runs around out there by far, then give to the best that one can manage every Expert alone is just impudent elitism - someone has probably completely forgotten where he comes from. Sorry, but really try to take the position of family father with 2-3 playing hours per week and not the time and attitude to read forums, watching replays, youtube... There are many people around that do not even care a bit about that little timer up there or doing things that several players are supposed to do.

But lets just speak just for myself here:

Personally, I'm probably at the lower end of the top percent of Battleground players currently - but I have NO idea about Expert maps and will not start to get any knowlege there anymore. I am someone who has to do one thing 3-5 times before I can do it - and repeat it regularly so I can remember it. Honestly, the strategies that your team has all there, would be a full-time job for me to remember it all.
Plus - and this is even more important - I just don't enjoy it! And this "there are always people in Discord" doesn't help either, you have to find the players you have fun with first. When I did expert maps with more experienced players - like you (thanks again!) - for example for the achievement, it was pure stress for me. Everyone knows what's going on, except me, yeah, that made me feeling great. Pings everywhere, a thousand explanations (usually so brief that only the insider understands), Moon yakking at a stretch, but who is she talking about... or catch a group of people who are even more clueless and you fail without a chance--- yay, campaign rocks...not (for me).

By the way, I think the TO is very right when he states that in the vast majority of games, daily quests are less of a "challenge" than an "occupation". I don't think it's a bad thing that there's a "Do map XY" quest, because every once in a while I feel nudged to take a map with me - but please don't make me do it. And by the way, sometimes I did it on expert though my quest was only for advanced. But hey - this was MY choice, and then I have fun.

Oh and by the way, the TO has also at NO point said that the quests would be unmanageable for him, he said that they are annoying. Here you can see at the latest that it is probably something personal for you.

And as a really last thought just: As much as I laugh at the BH farmers, and by God how I laugh at these Lappen, it is quite arrogant to assume that these players all per se can not play. Unless you take the squad you're traveling with as a benchmark, but then I guess we're all unworthy....

What speaks against constant rerolling (still only one per day if you want, maybe of course with another -5 bfp if that is needed balancing wise)? I see no reasons. In fact quite the opposite, most games I know of that had similar systems had no such restrictions.

Edited by Volin
ATi likes this

who pissed on your leg? Have not mentioned with a word that I'm against it.Just said that the message from him felt so, for me, that he has difficulties to make these maps at all.  That it is sometimes tedious to play a specific map I know too. Everyone has his maps that he likes, and which he less like. I for my part also find it tedious to play e.g. 65 Feuerkrten. Or to play Rpve, I just find this mod boring, everyone has his preferences. 

But if you say that in general, I like this and that not, there is another who does not like something else in daily quests, and if you would then "make away" all (so at least I understood it that the quest that you should play a specific map no longer give) there would be no more quests, because every quest someone does not like. 

I for one support a reroll even with the 5PBF penalty, from my point of view you should be allowed to reroll more than 1 quest per day. However, each time 5BFP get deducted per reroll, but for the quests individually.

as an example:

quest 1: 75bfp
quest 2; 75bfp

reroll quest 1

quest 1: 70bfp
quest 2; 75bfp

then reroll quest 2

quest 2; 70bfp

reroll again to quest 2:

quest 2; 65bfp

something like this. Shouldn't be too hard to get into the game.

/wanky

ps: I had no contact with Direatos, until now, I'm just generally about the BH farmers. Had very often rank 14+ people who have not really played well on fairly "simple" maps. Sometimes I've even had games where in Titans for example in the game joint (on expert) and then says that he has never played the map, but he is now looking for people who can carry him through who he may feed, mind you with a platinum rank. On the question of how he became the plation if he has never played the first maps in the campanie, then comes simply the answer: have only BH fed until now. These conversations I had by the way also with maps like Crusade on Standart, where I had noticed that some players have probably never played the map, of course also with minimum platinum rank. I could now list more examples (also RPVE dif5 where people with 14+ rank and decklvl 100+ almost lose the t1 bases and bruachen until map end to get out of the base) but this would go beyond the scope here, and I will not go into it. 

IN MY OPINION, you could at least have a basic knowledge of the maps and how the game works if you are platinum rank or higher. This is from MY EXPERIENCE unfortunately not the case, just by this BH madness.

10 hours ago, wanky said:

But if you say that in general, I like this and that not, there is another who does not like something else in daily quests, and if you would then "make away" all (so at least I understood it that the quest that you should play a specific map no longer give)

I said the opposite, ofc these Quests are good for  everyone who likes them, and sometimes I feel nudged enough to play a campaing map once in a while.

10 hours ago, wanky said:

IN MY OPINION, you could at least have a basic knowledge of the maps and how the game works if you are platinum rank or higher.

Nice that you begin a kinder discussion style and emphazise your personal opinion! But this "Rank XY should be able to beat content XY" is what prolly triggers me, a wrong assumption in really almost every game that comes to my mind. And in BF, neither in the original game nor the beta Rank ever showed what skill the player behind had.

Diratos likes this

5 hours ago, Volin said:

But this "Rank XY should be able to beat content XY" is what prolly triggers me, a wrong assumption in really almost every game that comes to my mind. And in BF, neither in the original game nor the beta Rank ever showed what skill the player behind had.

What skill a player have behind the rank is never clear. But with 5.8kk XP i feel like: Ok this guy played like 1500+ matches. i Think he have a basic knowlage about the game.  - But this is offtopic. 

Back to the topic: Is it possible to talk about this change, geting more reroll chances on quests (even on reroled ones)?

Seems like there is no negativ point. If u dont want to loos BFp u dount need to reroll anyways. 

/wanky

@Volin Thats why i do not like writing in english, my knowlage about the langue is just semi medium, and thats why many times i got missunderstand.

On 5/7/2021 at 2:31 PM, wanky said:

usualy with your rank u have playd this game for -+ 1 year. This happens if u only Grind Feeder in Bad harvest and then get Rank PVE 17+. Witout this Bad harvest grind u did, u would know every map very well, and all of them can bi done Solo (exept of Empire and 12player maps) So i do not rly understand ur anger. Its your own fault. 

and just to notice: If u have trouble finding  people to play with, just join into discord. There are many times player online who play with u, and carry u trough the maps. 

sorry for the harsh choice of words, by the way. but there's really no other way than to say: it's your own fault. 

Where did I complain that I only get professional maps? Exactly nowhere.

The point is that you have to make maps where you depend on other players.
Then you have to make these maps on a professional, sometimes have to wait hours for players where they don't make the map after 2-3x.

I'm sorry if you're jealous of my rank and don't understand the basic intention of the post.

But first let go of your frustration even though you neither know me nor have any idea how I play, boy, it's best to go back to your bubble if you have nothing constructive to contribute here.

The rank has nothing to do with the post, but only complain about it.

The point is that you can't use every player with professional maps, and so you have to wait forever for capable staff. Where after 1-2 fails, half goes again.

Sure, I can wait for help, but that's the problem, in every game I can dailys while drinking coffee during the breakfast break and get a small reward.

Here I get more difficult tasks the higher my rank, and if not enough people can come together, for example. Asccension ... don't close the daily and have to wait.

It has nothing to do with fun or anything else to do.

I'll stick with it, the Map Dailys are simply grits for the reasons mentioned above.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, wanky said:

as an example:

quest 1: 75bfp
quest 2; 75bfp

reroll quest 1

quest 2; 75bfp

then reroll quest 2

quest 2; 70bfp

reroll again to quest 2:

quest 2; 65bfp

something like this. Shouldn't be too hard to get into the game.

/wanky

We like this suggestion and are currently looking into implementing something similar in the near future.

Diratos, wanky and Metagross31 like this