Is modding illegal?

Makaveli2989

I'm thinking about making a mod/script to the game that will cycle between own buildings and automatically activate their abilities, like SoW and healing gardens.

but before I do that I want to know if it's legal at all?

Edited by Makaveli2989

I don't know of any existing policy but most multiplayer games don't allow scripting. That being said, RTS games like Starcraft 2 have a feature where you can right click abilities to make them activate automatically, so maybe this could lead to an interesting feature suggestion. 

As it stands, most players add these buildings to groups and manage them with hotkeys. Say healing gardens A is in group 5 and healing gardens B is in group 6. You can press 5 > Z (or whatever the ability hotkey is) to activate it. When the effect wears off then you click 6 > Z and so on. It's not too cumbersome IMO. 

Edited by Zevlin

I think it could be considered a tool and gaining an advantage:

image.png.426f6c9d8f5e11b2be87bd5e9d8cb178.png 

-->

In addition to the rules above it's important to emphasize that the usage of any tools, trainers, software or other methods of affecting the game in order to cheat, gain advantages, or for any other purpose whatsoever, is strictly forbidden. These programs or forms of abuse provide us with enough reason to act immediately. Having such tools linked to the game or affecting it in any way, even when unaware thereof or when they aren't used at all, is considered in conflict with our code of conduct. Only using them in single player, only using them for yourself, or assuming other players are not affected are invalid excuses and such reasoning will be directly ignored, as will subsequent ban appeal(s) and their reasoning

But I am curious for official judgement !

Edited by LEBOVIN
Zevlin likes this

What could be an ingame QOL change is that you can have more then one building in a group. Then you would have you "buildings hotkey" and can click through faster by hand.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:57 AM, Kapo said:

What could be an ingame QOL change is that you can have more then one building in a group. Then you would have you "buildings hotkey" and can click through faster by hand.

This so much. Playing micro intensive decks is already annoying enough with shift-queue being very much useless, but if you put in a few buildings that require constant attention, it quickly gets overwhelming.

Maybe do a post in the suggestions section on the forums if there isn't already one (tho I don't remember seeing one), I'm sure this will get some traction.

On 5/2/2021 at 7:57 AM, Kapo said:

I believe this is technically impossible. It's been asked a lot (along with making nightcrawler's spawn in their own group) and last I heard, nobody was close to figuring out how to do that.