Higher Tier archers - give T3/4 walls some love.

Draconnor

Its not a breakthrough of any kind - but  for me BF always lacked for T3 and T4 archers that would give some additional love to Walls in Campaign middle or late game.
Currently Riffle Cultist are only one... and still they are more "nuke unit" that regular archers.

I knew that there are not many free models left in the game. Except maybe Twilight Slayers (They would be great at T3 btw) - but i may have some ideas.

- Elite units - Like T3 repainted Gray Rangers (or white ones that wont be blue ;) ), better Darkelf Killers (t3-4), Death Hunters (t4), Rifle Hunters (t3 forst version of cultists) etc.
- Permanent or very long spell buffs for archers. Like range and damage buff but only for S unit...
- New factions - Elemental Rangers or Amii Spirit Assasins
- Shrinked M unit clusters - like S size Frost Sorcerers or Gladiatrix squad.

Just something to give some love to walls after T1 and early T2. Campaing only, because they would me mostly useless in PvP (T3) and randoms (no walls)... well maybe with Wintertide...

Skylords needs any new content... even such small as archers usefull only in campaign.

Its first part of give some love ideas. Others will be
- Give ANYTHING new. Even if its only a new affinity for 4 old cards
- Give AA towers some love (because all AA towers except maybe blaster - are useless)
- Give Frost some love (because Frost have nothing outstanding in campaign games compared to other colors - and i see it only as feed faction)

if used in combos u can make very powerfull defenders for walls and protection of the wall as well secure long range behind the wall. frost has the moste wall cards and u need specaly Human units to get the max buffs + u need to know what encouter u need alldo humans have S M L counters as S units here are some cards played on walls or close to them to buff the units on the walls and the lost Vigil for long range support direct behind the wall even if it needs a building to get the buff:
image.thumb.png.68de4b13f1ad5910223fa71ca930572c.png
if played correctly u can buff ur small units on the walls with around +200% dmg oh forgot homesoil to add and if u got the correct counter u get additional +50% dmg. best combo is here frost t1 and shadow t2 and then t3 vigil, church or direction worldbearker on t4

but in pve if u reach t3 wy not build church of negation or Worldbreaker behind the wall and buff it with skyelfs?

archers Frost have S & L counter
archers Shadow have M & L counter
Bandit gives M counter
Corsair gives 50% dmg buff to nearby human units
Northern keeps gives ether dmg or deff buff to close units
Armored Tower reduces incoming DMG by 50%
Amii Ritual shields the walls
Glaciation give DMG buff for units on wall or dmg deff of high % and protects the walls
Lost Vigil behind the wall with support of 1 structure is longrange of 50m 
and the forgotten Homesoil brings +55% dmg

now it only matter how u combine the cards for ur deff and dont forget windweavers with multi shot combined with crowd controll spells like 
Ensnaring Roots, Curse of oink, Paralize, glyph of frost and coldsnap can keep the enemy units from attacking specialy if u use a mark of the keeper or a timelessone to get the anti magic and long range field

best way to make walls more used in both pve and pvp is the price to build them if they are cheap or even free to build the 1. time it would make player often use them 
a map where walls are more important like dwarfen riddle 

but i feel u and something like unity but for walls would be nice that all conected wall segments share the same hp pool and units stay on the wall until they get destroyed
but adding a new dmg buff for units on walls, i would say no. and i cant say if ever seen someone playing Rifle cultists on a wall

Edited by Asraiel

Card bonuses that lasts 20 sec are not exactly great for regular wall defence. Especially when big units can use them too...

Only Valid point is Corrsair and thx to you i found that both corrsair bonuses can be cumulative as long corrsairs are on different upgrade level ;)

But still - i would love to see regular archers that can hold walls against L or XL units... or be effectively used on higher tiers.

New T3 Archers. I like that Idea. If new cards are being implemented, I´d like to see some Amii-Cards (Nature/Shadow) first.

So to build up on your Idea, I´d suggest making T3 "Amii-Rangers", that are f.e. a recoloured Version of White Rangers as you suggested. 

They could be like Amii-Phantom and slow their targets. 

35 minutes ago, Draconnor said:

But still - i would love to see regular archers that can hold walls against L or XL units... or be effectively used on higher tiers.

new units wy not alldo have a deff against l or specialy against xl the wall needs a boost in deff or hp, 2-3 hits by a ground melee XL and the wallsegement is gone. for a unit example:
the twilight multi shoot archers that are in game but yet not playble as card. vs xl i wouldnt go so far to add s units that have an xl counter. there are some t2 units like lyrish knights that are xl counters. and L counters it gives but maybe a boostbuff like firesworn would be a good addition to s longrange units that gives bonus dmg against L or maybe XL or same as a spell or area buff of a new building

8 minutes ago, Dallarian said:

I'd love to see T3 fire archers with high damage arrows exploding in aoe damage.

jep a unit that can be spawned as ability of the spitfire 

2 hours ago, Dallarian said:

Small units without trample protection could be glass-cannon style - they are knockbacked in normal combat anyway.
I'd love to see T3 fire archers with high damage arrows exploding in aoe damage.

That´s indeed a sick idea. I want this now :D

5 hours ago, Dallarian said:

Small units without trample protection could be glass-cannon style - they are knockbacked in normal combat anyway.

This really gives me Legend of Zelda Bomb Arrow vibes!

I did some tests and bandit inflantry is a lot weaker then expected - because bandit buffs are non cumulative :(

screen contains a test of Dark Spere Riffle Cultist with
each of buffs (40%>30%>20%) and "cumulative buffs" that always have the damage of the highest buff... so no way to get more than 50% :(

bug or what.jpg

Loriens likes this