A problem i have since the start.

Scovoo

Hello fellow skylords

So the problem is that i keep disconnecting with it always saying the exact same thing --> "Your client has lost connection to the server".

In the beginning i just ignored this since i didn't mind it and it happened barely but with time it just showed up more and more making this an annoying thing to come across not only for me but also the people that i go in-game with. This happens when i'm either in the forge or playing.

My connection is stable and i don't have this issue with other things.

I really want to solve this since i like the game alot.

image.thumb.png.59153ca5d1ec109b1b864af5efb0ba9a.pngimage.thumb.png.9b5a834b52f4896f37334d2170a06489.png 

tbh, i did not get any disconect since realease, an i am quied often online. To get 100% clear, 1 Disconect i had cause of Server side and they needed to restart (back in january i think)

Playing on highest resolution and highest grafics posible in fullscreen mode. 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, Majora said:

Are you guys by any chance using a VPN connection? 

Yes, I have tried protonvpn but that doesn't work. I also tried to re-install the game and that doesn't work either.

On 4/24/2021 at 1:27 AM, wanky said:

u also have this disconnects in fullcreen mode? maby test it out if not

I haven't tried that yet(playing on fullscreen) but i can't since the resolutions for fullscreen for some reason are too big or too small for my screen.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:36 AM, VinSkillerx said:

I've had the disconnect once now in a rPVE difficulty 9 map. Using fullscreen mode without using a VPN. Not sure if it is the same because it only happend once until now. (started playing this game since a week) 

On 4/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, Volin said:

One disconnect per week is prolly quite standard in online games

Answering both: I have come across this disconnection multiple times( can even say like 5 or more per day).

On 4/25/2021 at 7:56 PM, wanky said:

tbh, i did not get any disconect since realease, an i am quied often online. To get 100% clear, 1 Disconect i had cause of Server side and they needed to restart (back in january i think)

Playing on highest resolution and highest grafics posible in fullscreen mode. 

There must be a reason then because for me it's totally the opposite actually. 

2 hours ago, Scovoo said:

Yes, I have tried protonvpn but that doesn't work. I also tried to re-install the game and that doesn't work either.

Well my point was to try it without VPN. When I activated my VPN I crashed as well. :) 

Dumb question have you tried to reinstall the game?

Have you restarted your Computer/Laptop between the disconects? (there are people who dont turn their pc/laptop off, thats why im asking)

Have you tried deactivating your anti virus or set up an exception for BaFo?

7 hours ago, wanky said:

Do you have internet disconection in general, or just in skylords? If u play other onlinegames, u do not have any problehms?

Literally only have this issue in skylords for the rest everything goes without a problem .

5 hours ago, Minashigo Hiko said:

Dumb question have you tried to reinstall the game?

Have you restarted your Computer/Laptop between the disconects? (there are people who dont turn their pc/laptop off, thats why im asking)

Have you tried deactivating your anti virus or set up an exception for BaFo?

Yes, i have tried downloading the game back again and that didn't help.

Didn't try restarting my laptop after a disconnect but i always close my laptop if it isn't used.

How would that work? Just deactivate my anti virus and then open skylords, nothing else? I also don't know what you mean precisely with making an exception for skylords.

1 hour ago, Scovoo said:

Literally only have this issue in skylords for the rest everything goes without a problem .

Yes, i have tried downloading the game back again and that didn't help.

Didn't try restarting my laptop after a disconnect but i always close my laptop if it isn't used.

How would that work? Just deactivate my anti virus and then open skylords, nothing else? I also don't know what you mean precisely with making an exception for skylords.

Errors like this often can be caused by a System never being turned off, closing the laptop isnt shutting it down. 
Try restarting it and see if the problem still persists(Over all I would highly recommend to freuquently shut your systems down. really helps a lot when you want to extend the life time of your system)
Battleforge is a game that runs on a very old engine, so this might cause it.

Just deactivate your anti virus and play Skylords like you are used to and see if it still crashes. With most anti virus you can add a game or folder to the exception list, so it doesnt get blocked or disturbed by your anti virus. You can preaty easily google how you do it with your anti virus.