PvE Contest#3 Ocean until 30.04.21

Toggy

I'm pretty sure that with a little practice and understanding of the map as it is constructed, anyone can get well under 25 minutes.
With a little grind, even under 20 minutes, with any colour. 
Keep in mind that the top times that are currently in the ranking are the result of several hours in a row several evenings until you have the final tactics and could play them out as intended.

16 hours ago, wanky said:

I'm pretty sure that with a little practice and understanding of the map as it is constructed, anyone can get well under 25 minutes.
With a little grind, even under 20 minutes, with any colour. 
Keep in mind that the top times that are currently in the ranking are the result of several hours in a row several evenings until you have the final tactics and could play them out as intended.

The ~14-15 mins runs are just crazy... : ) Will be really nice to see the replays once contest is over!

At best I think I can come down to a ~20 min run, so not even remotely close to the best times...anyhow, the game effectively stops me over and over again in the end game with this bloody message:

image.png.07901e9c0811469c65a3a123e214c988.png

Anyone else having these problems or is it just me? Last run now, 4 ships left to kill and then game crashes...will post it in the bug section too.

image.png.cac1988a96add885f4429c0b40749800.png

// Ponni

Make sure the starting island is cleared (units+towers around your t2 orb) before having the end countdown started. Please let me know if this fixed the issue for you and the game does no longer crash, so we can deploy a solution soon.

Edited by LEBOVIN

21 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

Make sure the starting island is cleared (units+towers around your t2 orb) before having the end countdown started. Please let me know if this fixed the issue for you and the game does no longer crash, so we can deploy a solution soon.

That seems to have done the trick, twice in a row now with no crash, thanks!

// Ponni

LEBOVIN likes this

On 4/23/2021 at 12:06 AM, LEBOVIN said:

Worked for me, too
(but it wasnt always crashing if i skiped some of the towers...)

12 hours ago, IlCamionistaMalvagio said:

do you have a mail address to send the video? i dont use discord

Hey,

you can use the direct message of this forum. No third party tool required.

Greetings,

Toggy

1 minute ago, daNba said:

I've been watching a lot of videos about speed running in different games. And liked it. 

And now I stumble on this. Fate. I will be trying in the next run. For this one it is too late.

You still the rest of the day :D Can try to reach for that top 10. 

1 hour ago, Majora said:

You still the rest of the day :D Can try to reach for that top 10. 

And also tomorrow, right? 

@Toggy can we still send you replays tomorrow the whole day? My fastest run is full of mistakes, I wanna give it one more shot :D

2 hours ago, Xamos said:

And also tomorrow, right? 

@Toggy can we still send you replays tomorrow the whole day? My fastest run is full of mistakes, I wanna give it one more shot :D

Yes, participation is possible until 23:59 on the 30.04. So basically you have about 36 hours left. Good luck.

Greetings,

Toggy

Congratulations to the winner Pritstift!

1st - Pritstift [14:29]

2nd - DieToPlay [15:19]

3rd - Wanky [16:02]

4th - Anske [16:42]

5th - Donaar [16:23]

6th - Lebovin [16:33]

7th - Irysunna [17:19]

8th - Arabika [18:04]

Thanks for all the entries, the participation was massive and it wont be the last contest. Also, here is the replaypack of the top ~10 to compare/lean.

OceanChallenge.rar

Timer, Xamos, Majora and 3 others like this

Was an awesome tournament, thx for organizing! :D

How many did actually participate?

I guess I was quite an outsider with my pure fire, I think I was ~15 with my 19:10 time (which still had some errors in it, unfortunately). 

Also had that one face-palm moment, when I saw the replays - completely forgot about the banner of glory to get back power from units, dang. xD

Looking forward for more fun & exiting challenges, maybe even a 2-player one?