Are there any known issues with Empire crashing?

guises

I crash every time I try to play Empire, on the loading screen. Single player, all difficulties. I've had other crashes, but not very often and never this consistently. Is there anything special about Empire? I searched the forum but didn't find anything. I've successfully played every other map.

I could picture this maybe being a problem with my install, one of the files associated with that map could be corrupt or something. Is there a way to check that?

Playing in linux, Kubuntu, DXVK, amdgpu driver

Unfortunately right now there's no direct way to check your client files. I am working on a new Updater which includes this functionality, but I am very limited in time right now. Hence the new Updater is not done right now for public usage.

Maybe simply try to extract the files again from the ZIP archive you downloaded in the beginning. If you have any corrupted files, these issues should be gone. If you don't delete all files before extracting again make sure that you delete all files beginning with sr-bf1-*.pak in the base\pak subdirectory.

No luck. Deleted the files and overwrote everything from the archive, no change. Also got another person to help me test, but I still crash even when I'm not solo. Log isn't showing anything either. Not sure what to do about this, but I think I'm just going to have to skip that map until I update my system or something.