What improvements should I do in my PvE deck?

ackN1

Hi there, what improvements should I do in my PvE deck? I mainly play random pve scenarios and for 6/7 difficulties it works just fine, but I do want to upgrade it to play 8 or 9 difficulty.

Thanks in advance

deck1.png

Since you use LSS, I'll assume you are not looking for especially interesting, maybe even a bit wacky or micro intensive additions but simply more power.

I'll also tailor it towards rPvE 9, which can be a detriment for campaign maps. So keep that in mind. As it is, you can already play rPvE 9. The cards are already there, maybe your approach is just unfit.

1992778851_testdeck.thumb.png.ca5a20c8d0690cfde933f5157a16bdbf.png

So here are some major adjustments. Mana Wing is just worse than WW on rPvE, ditch. You can even get rid of Shaman if you want, since that card is effectively a lost WW. Surge and WW spam is enough to push to T2, even to T3.

For your T2, Burrower is very powerful. You take your WWs and Burrowers, run into the enemy base and Oink all units. While they are CCd, you take out the spawn buildings. If you need more time then Coldsnap will keep them in place even longer. Just take care so you don't interfere with the spells from your allies. You should have more than enough healing with Viridya and Surge, no need for Ray of Light.

Matter Mastery is there to counter dangerous enemy buildings like Willzappers.

Towers and Razorleaf are too slow and unnecessary in rPvE. Deepcoil Worm is more than enough to work with. And a lot of the time it might not even be necessary, since your T1/T2 army can often clear your T4 Orb as well.

If you have energy to spare, a combo of Revenges+Soul Shatter+Thunderstorm will annihilate enemy forces. You can add Equilibrium G if you desire more heal.

Shrine of War is better for void return than Shrine of Memory in rPvE. Enemies constantly die there. Build 2 for permanent uptime.

Bloodhorn can kill multiple buildings at once and is a very tanky frontliner. Affinity is up to you. Red if you want more consistency, as the Bloodhorn cannot be disabled anymore, which means no worries about CC as you run in to take out buildings. Purple if you want more single target damage. For clearing it hardly matters but against bosses and especially with Unholy Hero, it makes a big difference.

It's a rainbow deck now, no longer mostly Nature. But I'd claim that it's undeniably more powerful for rPvE. And since you splashed for LSS anyway, I assumed you didn't care much for "purity" in the first place.

22 hours ago, ackN1 said:

Hi there, what improvements should I do in my PvE deck? I mainly play random pve scenarios and for 6/7 difficulties it works just fine, but I do want to upgrade it to play 8 or 9 difficulty.

Thanks in advance

deck1.png

If you're looking for rPvE tips, you usually don't need shooting towers (maybe in some cases for lvl 10, but at lvl 9 I never use towers). So shrine of memory is good, but living tower is probably not worth the deck slot. In my opinion, ray of light, viridya, and mana wing are a lot weaker than other alternatives (they have niche uses for sure but rPvE is usually about overall power level). 

Furnace of flesh is not that good without a reliable source of corpses, which can happen in defensive situations on campaign maps but not really common in rPvE. I wouldn't use FoF unless you had cultist master--besides, you already have shrine of memory for void manipulation.

If you aren't looking for any kind of deck theme, but just want some really strong stuff, I recommend:

t2: shadow phoenix + embalmer's shrine, really strong and clears all ground stuff. In my best rPvE decks I just take some t1 units (especially archers for air enemies), shadow phoenix, and the only other units are t4.

void manipulation: shrine of memory is okay, but Shrine of War or Furnace of Flesh + culist master is much stronger.

Resource Booster: is soooo strong in rPvE because it will still take 20 minutes for your wells to run out, and the 4p maps will run out of time before that happens.

Breeding Grounds: can save you hundreds of power, so that's always good. On the other hand, it's so common that one of your teammates probably has it :)

Wheel of Gifts and Incredible Mo: these cards provide buffs to all friendly units, so they're really strong in situations with multiple players.

Spells: earthshaker, thunderstorm, regrowth, frenetic assault (so good I take both affinities), and infect are some of the strongest spells in the game. Matter mastery, revenge, stone shell, equilibrium, and unholy power are also very strong in the right situation. Oink, coldnap etc is still good in t4, because they are cc. Offering is always good, especially if you don't have all charges.

t4 units: giant wyrm, lost spirit ship, bloodhorn, and abomination are probably the strongest t4 units. Batariel is also super super good (with buffs) but you need enlightenment to use him.

So my deck is usually 2x shadow, 1x fire, 1x nature. This gives me access to most of those powerful cards I mentioned, like resource booster, shadow phoenix, frenetic assault, regrowth, bloodhorn, giant wyrm, and shrine of war.

On 4/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, Cocofang said:

Since you use LSS, I'll assume you are not looking for especially interesting, maybe even a bit wacky or micro intensive additions but simply more power.

I'll also tailor it towards rPvE 9, which can be a detriment for campaign maps. So keep that in mind. As it is, you can already play rPvE 9. The cards are already there, maybe your approach is just unfit.

1992778851_testdeck.thumb.png.ca5a20c8d0690cfde933f5157a16bdbf.png

So here are some major adjustments. Mana Wing is just worse than WW on rPvE, ditch. You can even get rid of Shaman if you want, since that card is effectively a lost WW. Surge and WW spam is enough to push to T2, even to T3.

For your T2, Burrower is very powerful. You take your WWs and Burrowers, run into the enemy base and Oink all units. While they are CCd, you take out the spawn buildings. If you need more time then Coldsnap will keep them in place even longer. Just take care so you don't interfere with the spells from your allies. You should have more than enough healing with Viridya and Surge, no need for Ray of Light.

Matter Mastery is there to counter dangerous enemy buildings like Willzappers.

Towers and Razorleaf are too slow and unnecessary in rPvE. Deepcoil Worm is more than enough to work with. And a lot of the time it might not even be necessary, since your T1/T2 army can often clear your T4 Orb as well.

If you have energy to spare, a combo of Revenges+Soul Shatter+Thunderstorm will annihilate enemy forces. You can add Equilibrium G if you desire more heal.

Shrine of War is better for void return than Shrine of Memory in rPvE. Enemies constantly die there. Build 2 for permanent uptime.

Bloodhorn can kill multiple buildings at once and is a very tanky frontliner. Affinity is up to you. Red if you want more consistency, as the Bloodhorn cannot be disabled anymore, which means no worries about CC as you run in to take out buildings. Purple if you want more single target damage. For clearing it hardly matters but against bosses and especially with Unholy Hero, it makes a big difference.

It's a rainbow deck now, no longer mostly Nature. But I'd claim that it's undeniably more powerful for rPvE. And since you splashed for LSS anyway, I assumed you didn't care much for "purity" in the first place.

After I've wrote this topic I went and tried a lv9 pve and it went sucessfully, but kinda weak. I will try the deck that you suggested me, thanks for helping me mate

On 4/2/2021 at 4:37 PM, Eirias said:

If you're looking for rPvE tips, you usually don't need shooting towers (maybe in some cases for lvl 10, but at lvl 9 I never use towers). So shrine of memory is good, but living tower is probably not worth the deck slot. In my opinion, ray of light, viridya, and mana wing are a lot weaker than other alternatives (they have niche uses for sure but rPvE is usually about overall power level). 

Furnace of flesh is not that good without a reliable source of corpses, which can happen in defensive situations on campaign maps but not really common in rPvE. I wouldn't use FoF unless you had cultist master--besides, you already have shrine of memory for void manipulation.

If you aren't looking for any kind of deck theme, but just want some really strong stuff, I recommend:

t2: shadow phoenix + embalmer's shrine, really strong and clears all ground stuff. In my best rPvE decks I just take some t1 units (especially archers for air enemies), shadow phoenix, and the only other units are t4.

void manipulation: shrine of memory is okay, but Shrine of War or Furnace of Flesh + culist master is much stronger.

Resource Booster: is soooo strong in rPvE because it will still take 20 minutes for your wells to run out, and the 4p maps will run out of time before that happens.

Breeding Grounds: can save you hundreds of power, so that's always good. On the other hand, it's so common that one of your teammates probably has it :)

Wheel of Gifts and Incredible Mo: these cards provide buffs to all friendly units, so they're really strong in situations with multiple players.

Spells: earthshaker, thunderstorm, regrowth, frenetic assault (so good I take both affinities), and infect are some of the strongest spells in the game. Matter mastery, revenge, stone shell, equilibrium, and unholy power are also very strong in the right situation. Oink, coldnap etc is still good in t4, because they are cc. Offering is always good, especially if you don't have all charges.

t4 units: giant wyrm, lost spirit ship, bloodhorn, and abomination are probably the strongest t4 units. Batariel is also super super good (with buffs) but you need enlightenment to use him.

So my deck is usually 2x shadow, 1x fire, 1x nature. This gives me access to most of those powerful cards I mentioned, like resource booster, shadow phoenix, frenetic assault, regrowth, bloodhorn, giant wyrm, and shrine of war.

Thanks for the tips, i will use some of them, appreciate the help mate