Insane God Nature Solo?

Kapo

I'm trying to make Insane God Nature Solo work, and I think what I do up until I reach the base is quite okay.  Please ignore my foolish tries to mind control the Deathgliders (my thinking was maybe if I control them I can kill the Urzach Seeker AND kill the Hags at the t3), but this is a try where the execution on the path to the base is nothing I'm ashamed of ;-)

The question is - once I reach the base - where do I go (my best bet is to the t3 orb to get a Razorleaf out before I get crushed, but mind controlling a horror and a hag didnt work because when I do it the transformed Urzach Guardian runs over me), but any suggestion would be fine. Card slot for t2 are limited, but anything is debateable at this point. Western orb would be easy to take but alas, as solo player no western monument there...

So... halp?

Insane God Nature Solo Try 3452345.pmv

Timer likes this

Once you reach the center, you can spawn a parasite swarm and steal the Twilight Horror at the 3 well/ 1 orb cluster directly north of the Position 1's second well on the way to the center. If you send a swiftclaw with the parasite swarm and kill the spawn hut right there you can build the 3 wells and orb safely (You don't even need to kill the Hatecaster tower). Nothing will attack that position as long as you don't leave any units or buildings next to the cluster itself. The same strategy works with the well/orb cluster directly north of Position 2's northern walls. You can steal the Vileblood with Parasite swarm then with aid clear the surrounding buildings. Again, you can build the well/orb cluster and it will be safe from any attacks as long as you don't leave any units/buildings nearby.

In terms of defense, the primary goal is to defend the first wave of Urzach's Guardians, this is an existential moment. I'd recommend not building more than 1 well + t2 orb in the center and 1 well at the top-right cluster before this. Wells take 200 seconds (3.33 minutes) to pay off and this happens around the ~7=8 min mark. Its more efficient to just spam towers, then build the wells afterward. Spamming Living Towers around your center well cluster should work. Literally just spawn them in a circle around your orb, with a root nexus (b) to make them more tanky. After this your next major issue is the Twilight Dragon that spawns around 13:30-14:00 from the southwest. A second spawns around ~18min I believe, again from the southwest.

You should ignore the priests as a mechanic when soloing the map. Grab the well/orb clusters I mentioned/circled, then proceed to the square I outlined. From there you can clear to Urzach. 7-8 Giant Wyrms are sufficient to focus Urzach down from the cliff below him with spell support, but you can also clear normally with help of Grimvine/Forest Elder, just watch out for the seemingly infinitely spawning Twilight Dragons that appear when you start attacking Urzach. 

The_Insane_God_Map.jpg

Edited by WindHunter
Volin and Timer like this

1 hour ago, WindHunter said:

In terms of defense, the primary goal is to defend the first wave of Urzach's Guardians, this is an existential moment. I'd recommend not building more than 1 well + t2 orb in the center and 1 well at the top-right cluster before this. Wells take 200 seconds (3.33 minutes) to pay off and this happens around the ~7=8 min mark. Its more efficient to just spam towers, then build the wells afterward. Spamming Living Towers around your center well cluster should work. Literally just spawn them in a circle around your orb, with a root nexus (b) to make them more tanky. After this your next major issue is the Twilight Dragon that spawns around 13:30-14:00 from the southwest. A second spawns around ~18min I believe, again from the southwest.

Do you have a replay? Because I tried several times even with no offensive force at all, with different tower placements etc. and the wave just rolls over the living towers like its nothing. Tried only towers, towers and treespirits for root support... if I place them around the well a part of the attackers kills the temple fast - if I place them around the temple my t2 falls first and the temple soon after that, so thats just a delay of the inevitable.

And its not even close, even if I do no offense at all saving ~200-300 Energy that goes into towers too.

Edited by Kapo
Timer likes this

2 hours ago, Kapo said:

Do you have a replay? 

I'll see what I can do, I usually run it with Shadow/Frost. A major part of the defense I just suggested is the Twilight Horror you steal. He can tank and then kite the Guardians for you.

Another tip on tower placement is that you need to place one about 2 tower spaces below the temple. This will ensure the enemies aggro onto your tower and not the temple. Then if you tower dies they should aggro your other towers or wells. To help this, you can bait and kite units coming from the northeast with your grove spirit priestess.

PS: Are you wanting to run it as Pure Nature? Just want to make sure I duplicate it correctly.

Edited by WindHunter

It took me about twice my normal Solo run time but after a few attempts I was able to win. Its not pretty. Apparently my second circled area doesn't spawn an orb in solo; I'm too used to using Amii Monument (which if you have makes this easy). I had to push into the square area for my t4 but I didn't have a real t3 so I had to walk a razorleaf, a move that might have saved me (see below). I could in a second attempt cut at least 10 minute off this run, likely more. The first wave of Urzach Guardians is terrifying but spammed Spikeroots seem to do the trick (warning its fairly micro intensive). Waiting for t4 charges was the major issue after I almost lost my center base to not paying attention (was focusing up north when 2 twilight dragon waves spawned).

You will notice waves stop spawning in the top left. This is because one squad was left alive attacking my root nexus. It gives me the idea that if you could figure out a way to trap other waves it would make defense rather trivial, especially if you can stop spawns from the south from whence come the twilight dragons.

I hope this helps. It should at least help you get to t3 and you should be able to improve on my strategy.

Pure Nature - Insane Solo.png

Pure Nature, Insane God Solo.pmv

Edited by WindHunter
Kapo likes this

Really, really awesome, thank you for putting in the work.

I kinda feel like an idiot not using Werebeasts, guess I'm still in the "Shaman noob" mode - plus because the living towers were so overwhelmed that Spikeroots cant do too. Thanks for proving me wrong =)