Excluding cards PvE

AtheistXVII

Add possibility to exlude / ban  3 cards while creating RPvE game.
I would love to enjoy full game with a lot of units from different factions and have a real fun fights which are challenging.
All i see is Solo Batariel with enlightenments and Infected spell combo or overpopulated twilight bugs from Infected tower in every 2 games of 3 games i play and its not fun anymore.

Congratulations!
You realized, that the game is heavily imbalanced and that people in general will always try to cheese their way through things.
Even in video games, when there's nothing to gain from it. On the contrary, they actually cut out the whole reason why they "play" the game.

Wait till you stumble upon the guys trying to play the auction house/other players in order to increase their bfp even while there is actually no endgame for doing this except for sitting on a mountain of bfp which you can't use for anything other than getting new cards to sell again to get more bfp.

Ca7 likes this

I understand seeing infect, batariel and enlightenment a lot and getting bored by it, in fact i have sold those 3 cards whenever i got them after the reset as well as LSS and shadow phoenixes+embalmers. I simply choose not to play them any more. While other cards might not be meta, you can still win every map without enlightenment, amii monu etc..

...but twilight pests? Really? Haven't seen those in a long time. (but also am not playing rpve much anymore) I liked them because they are a choice which is different than summoning XL units in t4, i never played them because they were the optimal choice. I played them because they are a funny choice xD They take so long to ramp up that bata decks are usually the cookie cutter choice nr 1...next to LSS spam and such. Banning the infected tower in normal pve maps can also be a bit bad if people just use the tower without master cultists. It is not a bad tower for this orb combination, and letting your leftover t1 units die in front of it as it was maybe intended can be an okay strategy even without master cultists. In addition to this i would like to note that some of the Rpve strategies are just better than others because the rpve-maps are just a bit too much alike even if it is "random". Some other cool cards might start to shine more once we have stuff like an rpve map where you have to defend against waves instead of running through the map on a timer or stuff like that. Anyways..this derailed a bit.

Now that i thought about your proposal a bit more however, i think unless the game is getting more balanced and other, more complicated solutions are implemented, it might be a nice idea to add a little pop-up or so where you inform other players once they attempt to join that there is a special set of rules regarding certain cards in place. It could be something like "This is a run w/o feeding" or "Only root units allowed!" etc. Maybe even in their client's native language?

How about a fourth difficulty setting, past expert, for each map which gives greater rewards in general without amii monu / enlightenment / decomposer AND a very randomized enemy-unit and building composition. So that mana wings will suddenly suck in blight/nightmare shard expert if there is a random AA tower in the next camp - just as example. People will then have to build more flexible decks which might include more rarely used cards. The game is in general very predictable to those who know the maps well enough. To me this is a weakness of this great game.

Sometimes i think, if there were a few halfways commonly spawned units, which could be part of one of the factions in rpve and which simply reflect 100% magic dmg, then almost every meta deck would need a little backup plan... might be the next amii card i will start to draw lol

AtheistXVII likes this

• 1 month later...

Myrmidon, i agree. More ways to play is fun. For example someone plays thornbarks with teleport and defensive spells that wipe out the whole camp in PvE map. Of course, they have to be lucky not to meet Lost souls, etc.
Or what i  enjoy, is to find a strategic good position for Comet Catcher and build 3 of them before players reach the enemy camp, and then i Nuke it. if good map is included for that.
I decided to kick players who have Bata, shadow spells in deck etc. I feel sorry for the players since they have done nothing to me, but at least the game is not so stereotypical.

it would not hurt to add this idea. i guess the blocking ability to cast cards is half way in the game ( Legendary Units ). But i understand its not an easy and important task.

add a restriction tool to the creating of a rpve where the leader can set some cards as forbidden and player cant select decks where those cards are in. and maybe rename the thing to:
personalized random PVE
short: prpve

i personaly dont care about those tactics, cause if someone says remove bata, enlightenment and infect
u realy have to say remove regrowth and equilibrium, cause those 2 spells are the most used spells in most pve content and not only rpve. 

and in the end everyone is sad if a game is lost 

6 hours ago, AtheistXVII said:

I decided to kick players who have Bata

Speaking people can be helped often. I gave the same example elsewhere here in the forums: Sometimes I want to make a rpve9  random game w/o the perma present wheels, then I open the lobby myself and ask people not to play with wheels (Batariel, whatever). So far it always worked for me, but ofc there can be a troll sometimes that ignores that - THEN a kick would be ok in my eyes, else it is a bit rude imo.

Edit: And the other way round, when people asked me not to play a Batariel deck I either switched to a fun/meme deck or looked for another group for myself - at least with me you would have no problems, just ask around for what you want :)

Edited by Volin

On 4/17/2021 at 10:42 AM, Asraiel said:

add a restriction tool to the creating of a rpve where the leader can set some cards as forbidden and player cant select decks where those cards are in. and maybe rename the thing to:
personalized random PVE
short: prpve

i personaly dont care about those tactics, cause if someone says remove bata, enlightenment and infect
u realy have to say remove regrowth and equilibrium, cause those 2 spells are the most used spells in most pve content and not only rpve. 

and in the end everyone is sad if a game is lost 

well uh, yes, you have just suggested the same thing. adding some tool for excluding cards.
And i did not say a word about removing those cards.

On 3/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, AtheistXVII said:

Add possibility to exlude / ban  3 cards while creating RPvE game.
I would love to enjoy full game with a lot of units from different factions and have a real fun fights which are challenging.
All i see is Solo Batariel with enlightenments and Infected spell combo or overpopulated twilight bugs from Infected tower in every 2 games of 3 games i play and its not fun anymore.

I sort of agree, and I like to play "fun decks", but there are a few things I think needs to be brought into the discussion:

1. There are a lot of noobs out there, which I like because it means new people are finding this game, and in order to actually come out with a win over the map I usually feel the need to use a "high end" deck.

2. Given the reward system, at least with the gold, it is more beneficial to finish a map in 12 mins than 20 mins. This I hope will ease up over time when more and more people will not have a need for gold any longer...

3. There are, as mentioned earlier in the post, already ways to come around this. Chatting with your fellow team mates or even finding friends with the same interests as you would be a better solution to this.

4. There are possibilities to play solo, on all maps pretty much, campaign maps and rpve 1p (of course...!), 2p and 4p (perhaps not all levels though on the latter two...). Then you can decide the premise completely on your own.

So, I feel there are more important things to focus upon for the developers and there are ways around this. I hear what you say though and hopefully things will get better soon. In the meantime ping me in-game and we can play some meme/fun decks if you want! : )

// Ponni 

There are some op cards around yes, and the Skylords-Reborn-Team is aware of that. 

As far as I know the main focus right now for them is to buff underwhelming cards so that more options become viable. And I´m very much looking forward to that :]

Since it is expected that quite a lot people would be unhappy if Batariel, Infect, Frenetic Assault, Regrowth, Equilibrium, Lost Spiritship or Shadow Phoenix+Embalmers get nerfed (tho I´d appreciate that) - these PvE related nerfs are not a priority right now i think.

2 hours ago, Xamos said:

As far as I know the main focus right now for them is to buff underwhelming cards so that more options become viable.

Already saw a lot more battleships and winter witches in rPVE wich is nice.