What unit would you like seeing a promo version of ?

Pigslord

I don't know if their are any plans for more promo cards but I do like the idea.
Would  be great to see them as rewards for ingame events like Halloween, Christmas, etc...
What cards do you think would look cool as a promo card ?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered why there are no promo buildings or spells. 1 of those would be pretty awesome.#
Building: Church of negation
Spell: Enlightenment? AFAI remember the animation(i don't think there was any) for enlightenment was pretty lame. New art + animation for enlightenment would be pretty cool.

[quote='Ultrakool' pid='7489' dateline='1437267183']
I always wondered why there are no promo buildings or spells. 1 of those would be pretty awesome.#
Spell: Enlightenment? AFAI remember the animation(i don't think there was any) for enlightenment was pretty lame. New art + animation for enlightenment would be pretty cool.
[/quote]

Spells is just a thing you see for a few seconds, sometimes not even for a sec, while an unit is something you see for a long time. So I kind of think it would be a waste of a promo, since you can't really appreciate the card, because you only see it for a few seconds.

[quote='ladadoos' pid='7491' dateline='1437267368']
[/quote]

Spells is just a thing you see for a few seconds, sometimes not even for a sec, while an unit is something you see for a long time. So I kind of think it would be a waste of a promo, since you can't really appreciate the card, because you only see it for a few seconds o.o.
[/quote]

That kinda makes sense :P So what you think about buildings? I for one would love to see some promo buildings.

Buildings would be neat but they generally aren't as cool and popular as units. Some of them just stay in your base and don't see any action all game so it would have to be a more offensive one I think.

I would love a promo Ice Barrier, could be a carved ice statue or something. Since you spam that card, you would actually see the model a lot.

[quote='Ultrakool' pid='7493' dateline='1437267701']
That kinda makes sense :P So what you think about buildings? I for one would love to see some promo buildings.
[/quote]
I am actually not sure why there aren't any promo buildings. But If I would say a building, I would say stronghold or worldbreaker gun... Big, powerful buildings.

[quote='Pigslord' pid='7494' dateline='1437268049']
Buildings would be neat but they generally aren't as cool and popular as units. Some of them just stay in your base and don't see any action all game so it would have to be a more offensive one I think.

I would love a promo Ice Barrier, could be a carved ice statue or something. Since you spam that card, you would actually see the model a lot.
[/quote]

+1

That would be pretty sick :)

Maybe if it kept the same shape, but had like glowing gold and black runes on it? And perhaps made the whole thing a darker blue/almost purple?

You know what would be awesome? If BF had like an annual tournament and the winner got to choose a promo to add to the game. And then we could all submit a bunch of ideas and we voted on the best one.

[quote='Eirias' pid='7496' dateline='1437268472']

[/quote]

+1

Maybe if it kept the same shape, but had like glowing gold and black runes on it? And perhaps made the whole thing a darker blue/almost purple?

You know what would be awesome? If BF had like an annual tournament and the winner got to choose a promo to add to the game. And then we could all submit a bunch of ideas and we voted on the best one.
[/quote]

nooooo, ice barriers have to stay blue. A gold and black ice barrier would look pretty weird. Have you ever saw a frost building without blue? The ice statue would be awesome though.

[/quote]

That's true, it shouldn't be too grandiose. Something humble like what you suggested would be nice too.

Your idea reminds me of championship skins in LoL. Would be a great way for the Battleforge Champion to leave it's mark !

[quote='Ultrakool' pid='7497' dateline='1437268686']
Buildings would be neat but they generally aren't  as cool and popular as units. Some of them just stay in your base and don't see any action all game so it would have to be a more offensive one I think.

[/quote]

+1

[/quote]

nooooo, ice barriers have to stay blue. A gold and black ice barrier would look pretty weird. Have you ever saw a frost building without blue? The ice statue would be awesome though.
[/quote]

No no no! It would stay blue. I was just thinking like doing a swamp drake to the ice barrier. Like the shade would be different and it would have small gold carvings on it. I would show you, but i can't draw/photoshop.

Basically just imagine the difference between a promo swamp drake and a regular swamp drake (darker shade and some black/gold trimmings, right?) and that's what I'd like to see happen to the ice barrier.

[quote='Ultrakool' pid='7497' dateline='1437268686']
Buildings would be neat but they generally aren't  as cool and popular as units. Some of them just stay in your base and don't see any action all game so it would have to be a more offensive one I think.

[/quote]

+1

[/quote]

[/quote]
This is what I was thinking in terms of the ice barrier. As I said before I don't know anything about image editing but I messed around and here's what I came up with. It's not very good, but I hope you'll get the general idea.

Guys why haven't anyone suggesties this yet? We need a promo Grim Bahir! It was already the coolest looking card in my opinion, so just imagine it being even more awesome :p
For the buildings I think that frost would need Worldbreaker Gun, shadow Church of Negation, Fire Mortar Tower and I don't know about nature, maybe Living Tower?

[quote='ladadoos' pid='7488' dateline='1437267177']
I suggest that we add promos with multiple color orbs, since every color already has 2 promos.
I would like to see a Bloodhorn promo.
[/quote]

A good point there. would like to see promo Gemeye, Lost Grigori or Tortugun :D

[quote='Focus Me I'm Famous' pid='7566' dateline='1437287037']
I would love to see some T1 units in promo, like starting with a promo Scavenger in PvP. :)
[/quote]

Neat ! I'd love to as well. Having lower orb requirement promos means they see more play.
Firedancer, Viridya and Lyrish Knight were my favorites because of that.

I would really dig a promo Ice Guardian. Right now his textures are kind of bland and having him shiny and glowy would be so great.

[quote='TheGodKiller' pid='7582' dateline='1437298003']
Guys why haven't anyone suggesties this yet? We need a promo Grim Bahir! It was already the coolest looking card in my opinion, so just imagine it being even more awesome :p
For the buildings I think that frost would need Worldbreaker Gun, shadow Church of Negation, Fire Mortar Tower and I don't know about nature, maybe Living Tower?
[/quote]

^
|

This! Grim Bahir really needs a Promo Card that card was my favorite card and it was really cool aswell :D

[quote='ladadoos' pid='7491' dateline='1437267368']
[/quote]

Spells is just a thing you see for a few seconds, sometimes not even for a sec, while an unit is something you see for a long time. So I kind of think it would be a waste of a promo, since you can't really appreciate the card, because you only see it for a few seconds.
[/quote]

I kinda like the idea of a golden Frostbite :3

Edit: Or even Coldsnap!