The Skylords Rookies #2 14.03.21

Toggy

Hello new Skylords!

All the newer players may gather to show off their freshly gained skills! Veteran Skylords step aside, it is time for the new recruits to put on a show.

Format?

The tournament will be a best of three double elimination tournament. Should a lot of participants register again the format might be changed to best of one again.

The access to the tournament will be restricted, only players who...

...are not gold rank or above

...have a w/l ratio of below 60%

...feel like they are rookies

are allowed to enter the tournament. I will recheck some of the entries personally.

If you have doubt wether you are allowed into the tournament either ask me via discord or ingame.

Prize Pool! (stay tuned)

1st place  - 3 Booster + 400 BFP

2nd place - 2 Booster + 200 BFP

3rd-4th place - 1 Booster + 100 BFP

5th-8th place - 1 Booster

Thanks to Windhunter for sponsoring 3 boosters!

When?

On 14.03.21  starting on 3pm CET (Berlin time), the stream will start about 30 minutes in advance.

Organisation?

The tournament brackets will be on Challonge, so register and join the tournament there. Use your in game account name to make communication and finding your opponent easier.

The streaming channel that will be covering the tournament is DasToggy on twitch.tv.

In case of problems contact me or one of my mods via Discord, Battleforge or in the stream.

Twitch mods: Lynntaki

ingame:

Rules!

-No bugabuse, cheating or insulting the other players. Penalties may vary from a warning to default loss.

-Disconnection during a game results in a default loss. If both sides agree it is possible to have a remake.

-Not showing up to your match after 15 minutes results in a default loss. The plan is to play a round of matches every ~30 mins.

-After your match, go to Challonge and insert the result. That is done by clicking on your match and selecting the winner/stats . The brackets will be updated automatically.

-The Map Pool is:

1st round: Haladur, 2nd round: Simai, 3rd round: Wazhai, 4th: Elyon, 5th: Lajesh, 6th: Uro and 7th: Yrmia (same pool as in ranked duel). The first match of the round will be played on the fixed map, then it is losers choice.  The winning player (who won the last match in this bo3) also has to lock in his deck first.

-The brackets for the tournament will be shuffled before the tournament starts.

-Use your account name for the tournament. If your Challonge account differs from your Battleforge account name use the "Sign up with an alternate name" feature or change your name for the tournament in the settings. Finding your opponent will be a LOT easier this way. If you do not register for the tournament with your Battleforge name we cannot find you for the prizes!

Reply in this thread if you have questions, I will check it out later. Also recheck this thread before the tournament starts, there might be changes to rules, format, mods or prizepool.

Best regards,

Toggy

Edited by Toggy
Metagross31 likes this

59 minutes ago, anonyme0273 said:

Was gold, am not any more. Does that count?

Not a tournament mod, but I'm still unclear whether it's the rank at point of registration or rank at point of tournament? Definitely it's not highest rank though.

Hmm, was also thinking of participating but I am not sure if it's appropriate for me. 
Was gold twice and I am 4 star silver now.
Doesn't feel that still counts as proper rookie.

On the other hand I don't hold a candle in the tournaments open for everyone :')

Edited by MarcoMaar

On 3/12/2021 at 1:51 PM, MarcoMaar said:

Hmm, was also thinking of participating but I am not sure if it's appropriate for me. 
Was gold twice and I am 4 star silver now.
Doesn't feel that still counts as proper rookie.

On the other hand I don't hold a candle in the tournaments open for everyone :')

Hey,

the rules are as written above, you are allowed to participate if...

...are not gold rank or above

...have a w/l ratio of below 60%

You have stats of ~150-140, thats absolutely fine for the tournament. See you tomorrow!

Greetings,

Toggy

Hey,

Yeah I saw the above but 

was making me hesitant because I feel like am the greatest player in BattleForge.

I feel much better with official approval. See you later at the tournament.

Thank you :)

Thank you very much for awesome matches! @Ultrakool @Majora - MidnaMistfire @DutchyDutchy @anonyme0273 @Geradon @tammassakini

Well, I didn't really see anymore matches, so don't be mad at me.

Congratulation @imanewb13!

If anyone looks at the bracket, Ultrakool was 4th and Majora was 3rd. A small mistake by Toggy.

The Wrathgazer play was certainly MVP of the evening.

Edited by Dallarian
anonyme0273 and Dutchy like this