Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Donations are back   01/17/17

If you want more information, you can go check this topic : http://forum.skylords.eu/index.php?/topic/2790-donations-are-back/
    • MrXLink

Future of Skylords Reborn and intro to Ardent Peak   02/10/17

Dear Skylords, Skyladies, Skythings We have received the awesome news that we have been allowed by EA themselves to continue our project and open up many future possibilities! For all information and stream VODs, please refer to this topic:   
SpookiNate

Maps ideas

64 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Phoenix313 said:

Better without, also I dont remember what the bug was ;) (I know I once knew)

Just pretty much switch the gate whenever possible and no enemies attack your base.

Posted (edited)

Right, I forgot that totally ;), so without the bug!

Will you do the Coop version or the other one?

Edited by Phoenix313

5 minutes ago, Phoenix313 said:

Right, I forgot that totally ;), so without the bug!

Will you do the Coop version or the other one?

I'll take your suggestion in consideration and will think a bit more before I decide what I do. Might mean I don't do any of the two, but the suggestion is appreciated ^_^

Does any1 want to team up with me in map creation? I could use some1 that is good at making scripts

21 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

I'll take your suggestion in consideration and will think a bit more before I decide what I do. Might mean I don't do any of the two, but the suggestion is appreciated ^_^

Do you know the ARAM map from League of Legends? I know someone (can't find it right now but knowing you, you know who I'm talking about) was working on it already and has made a lot of progress on it but you could give it a shot aswell. Also maybe ask some people about unbalanced PvP maps and improve them

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, shadowxxs77 said:

Do you know the ARAM map from League of Legends? I know someone (can't find it right now but knowing you, you know who I'm talking about) was working on it already and has made a lot of progress on it but you could give it a shot aswell. Also maybe ask some people about unbalanced PvP maps and improve them

I do not know ARAM from LoL (I don't play LoL). I do know who you mean though and the map he was working on. And about balancing PvP maps, I'd rather script than work on esthetics :P Is there any explanation of ARAM which I could understand ? I read the one from the LoL wiki but there are quite a few LoL terms in there I don't get.

Edited by Ladadoos

@Ladadoos

Sort of a random question, but I might have a map/gamemode idea. What powers can you do with void? For instance, is it possible to make it so one player's void goes into the OTHER player's void pool (on a team)?

7 minutes ago, Eirias said:

@Ladadoos

Sort of a random question, but I might have a map/gamemode idea. What powers can you do with void? For instance, is it possible to make it so one player's void goes into the OTHER player's void pool (on a team)?

What powers can I do with void... well, short answer: none. Well, at least not directly. The way how I maybe could make it work is detect what card a player plays and slowly remove that power from him after using the card (basically removing the returned void power from the used card) and slowly adding it to the other player. I would look at upgrades of course too since some upgrades change power costs. As you might expect, this would only work for spells and wouldn't really work for units since I have no way of detecting what unit died later on since I can't give it a tag if it's spawned by a player's  card. Basically, not many options regarding void power unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

I do not know ARAM from LoL (I don't play LoL). I do know who you mean though and the map he was working on. And about balancing PvP maps, I'd rather script than work on esthetics :P Is there any explanation of ARAM which I could understand ? I read the one from the LoL wiki but there are quite a few LoL terms in there I don't get.

ARAM in LoL is a map with only 1 lane, but still 5 champions. On the normal 5vs5 map you have a top lane (tanky dude), mid lane (mage), bot lane (marksman + support) and a jungle (some assasin or tank). In ARAM you don't have all of that and you got only one single lane: the middle lane. You also don't get to choose your champion that you are gonna be playing, you will randomly get one of your champion pool. ARAM = All Random All Midlane.

You can interpreted this in a lot of ways in battleforge, for instance giving you a random deck, or making a map with only 1 path to the enemy or something. 

18 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

Its basically one big line where everyone fights in, just imagine 3 layers of walls with 1 orb for each player at each wall layer, then maybe add a 4th orb in the middle where everyone fights for.

Posted (edited)

Well, here is my version of the ARAM gamemode.

Everything works as far as I tested. Balancing the map and creating a map which looks more like the ARAM map from League of Legends are two things I still need to do, both of which is just a matter of spending time on the map which I might do later on if people like this gamemode. Nonetheless, it works as follows: Each team has their so called Nexus and Inhibitor. If you lose your Nexus, you die. The Inhibitor respawns a total of 3 times if destroyed and spawns units (minions) that go towards the enemy base. After the Inhibitor is destroyed it loses 25% of its max health when respawned.  Each team can currently only have a max of 10 minions on the map. If one dies, a new one will spawn shortly after if the team has an Inhibitor. Each player is given a random unit every x seconds in their base which he can use to kill the enemy. The game is scripted to randomly give you weaker units in the beginning and stronger units after x seconds. (The script works just need to change the spawn ID's accordingly). Each base also has some defenses as seen in the screenshot. The map is a 2v2 map and the players do not require any cards to play the map. The building with the crystal is the Nexus and the building in the middle of each base are the Inhibitors.

What do you guys think?

58c5a6b8a6679_Desktop12_MAR.2017-20_40_16_06.thumb.png.b9202d462d5aed714e49599e55220ce0.png

Edited by Ladadoos

@Labadoos This looks pretty darn cool, never payed LoL but this looks like it should've been in the original BF.