Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW
SpookiNate

Maps ideas

-survival
-tower defense
-3v3 everyones getting random units and for every killed unit your team gets 1 point. whatever team gets a certain amount of killed units wins.

There is already such a Thread especially for Maps. You should post it there. ;) http://bfreborn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26

Besides^^ I would like to see a map like where there is a giant mountain or see in the middle so that ony the outer ring is available for wells, monuments, fighting. Or a arena like map. You know shaped like a pokeball where there is a small arena in the middle and 2 bridges to the outer ring where only in the middle is the t3 monument

Ok, I'm going to do my best to explain a map idea. I'm not sure if this is technically possible.

So, I used to play a lot of Age of Empires III, especially custom maps. There was this custom map called "Colosseum". I will try to explain what this is.

- Before the game started, everyone would have to pick a nationality ( Dutch, Germans, British etc..). In the beginning of the map, there would be a separate section where you could choose what units you would want to spawn in your base. If you choose a unit that was from your nationality, let's say a LongBow Unit, that unit would be an Imperial LongBow ( basically be stronger ).
- After a certain amount of kills, you were able to choose stronger units from a different section. After you had reached another amount of kills you would go to another section etc...
- The map could handle a max of 6 players and every player would have a "captain". When this captain would die, you would lose the game. So the objective is to kill the other captains.

Here is a video so you perhaps understand what I mean better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGysB3S_dpc
Around 2:01 in the video you see the player moving a person to a unit, this unit is a guy holding a crossbow. This means that from now on, crossbow men will start spawning in his base. You were able to move this person to select what units you would want to spawn.
Around 2:05 you see him moving his captain (Colonel Washington) to the middle. In this map you would have a flag/structure in the middle and whenever your captain would be near it, it would start spawning a Falconet every 30 secs or so. This is a risky move, because your captain is in the center and very exposed. This could lead him to die quickly. But if you manage to do it, you would have a great advantage.
Around 8:14 you see that he killed enough people to move on to the next section. He is now able to choose stronger units that will start spawning in his base.
At one point you have enough units/ strong units and you can atack the enemy base directly, with the objective to kill his captain.

Ok, I hope you understood this. Now translated into Battleforge.
- First problem that comes up is that there is ( I think ) no way to detect what nationality ( Color ) you have chosen whenever the game starts. Perhaps, before entering the match, you can make a deck with one card, and depending on what color that card is (nature, fire, frost , shadow) you will get stronger units from that color. I'll try to explain this.. Well, imagine section 1 would be... Forsaken, Sunstriders, Master Archers and Windweaver ( all T1 units) So if you would have started the map with a nature card in your deck, the map would automaticlly think you are nature. So, if you chose windweavers they would be upgrade III (If you choose units from your color they will be stronger, in this case upgrade III since thats the only way you can make a unit stronger) but you are also able to choose forsaken, but they will be upgrade I ( If you had started the game with a shadow card in your deck, the game would think you chose shadow and so forsaken would ONLY be upgrade III for you ( or other shadow players). I'm not sure if anything like this is possible...
- The unit that would spawn in the middle could easily be replaced with a siege unit. The captain can also easily be made I think.
- There would be 4 sections. T1, T2, T3, T4. In T1 and T2 you would only have 1 unit from your color, but at T3 and T4 there would be 2 units from your color, so you could pick 2 different units from your color that would be III.

Alot of thinking would have to be done to make sure that the units in each sections would be balanced enough.
I hope you guys understand this and feel free to ask any questions because I am sure you have some.

[quote='WotdeFack' pid='7393' dateline='1437254995']
all that writing for nothin huh @ladadoos :(
[/quote]

It wasn't for nothing. I can still wait for an experienced map editor to tell me what he thinks about this and if this is possible. Nothing is never for nothing...

Im liking the ideas of having a ''12 player pve map but all on one chart'' (~NeoNyle), and the "4+ FFA" one from (~Czechmate23).
Also, a Raid like map seems like a tempting idea to me, where you actually have a huge map and well practicly works the same as a mmo raid, couple o bosses, maybe some secrets or something (lore?) and then some big bad boss fight at the end.

Another appealing idea to me is a defence like map (i know you already have those but still) this one begin PvP based.
1 Big base with 2/4 ppl against 4/8 ppl who are on the outside and need to get in threw different kinds of ways.

I might be able to come up with some more, but those 2 popd out pretty quickly, so ill stick with those.

[quote='Mesmir' pid='7416' dateline='1437256421']
Im liking the ideas of having a ''12 player pve map but all on one chart'' (~NeoNyle), and the  "4+ FFA"  one from (~Czechmate23).
Also, a Raid like map seems like a tempting idea to me, where you actually have a huge map and well practicly works the same as a mmo raid, couple o bosses, maybe some secrets or something (lore?) and then some big bad boss fight at the end.

Another appealing idea to me is a defence like map (i know you already have those but still) this one begin PvP based.
1 Big base with 2/4 ppl against 4/8 ppl who are on the outside and need to get in threw different kinds of ways.

I might be able to come up with some more, but those 2 popd out pretty quickly, so ill stick with those.
[/quote]
TBO said once that it is not possible to make more than 4 player maps on the client.
In order to do so the whole client wouldve need to be done new/modified.

[quote='WotdeFack' pid='7425' dateline='1437256759']
arent there already 12 player maps
[/quote]

those are actually split up in 3 4-player maps and arent 1 big map, what is suggested here.

[quote='Treim' pid='7330' dateline='1437245800']
-survival
-tower defense
-3v3 everyones getting random units and for every killed unit your team gets 1 point. whatever team gets a certain amount of killed units wins.
[/quote]

Same here !
This will be great to have kind of map like this.

[quote='ladadoos' pid='7349' dateline='1437247969']
Ok, I'm going to do my best to explain a map idea. I'm not sure if this is technically possible.

So, I used to play a lot of Age of Empires III, especially custom maps. There was this custom map called  "Colosseum". I will try to explain what this is.

- Before the game started, everyone would have to pick a nationality ( Dutch, Germans, British etc..). In the beginning of the map, there would be a separate section where you could choose what units you would want to spawn in your base. If you choose a unit that was from your nationality, let's say a LongBow Unit, that unit would be an Imperial LongBow ( basically be stronger ).
- After a certain amount of kills, you were able to choose stronger units from a different section. After you had reached another amount of skills you would go to another section etc...
- The map could handle a max of 6 players and every player would have a "captain". When this captain would die, you would lose the game. So the objective is to kill the other captains.

Here is a video so you perhaps understand what I mean better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGysB3S_dpc
Around 2:01 in the video you see the player moving a person to a unit, this unit is a guy holding a crossbow. This means that from now on, crossbow men will start spawning in his base. You were able to move this person to select what units you would want to spawn.
Around 2:05 you see him moving his captain (Colonel Washington) to the middle. In this map you would have a flag/structure in the middle and whenever your captain would be near it, it would start spawning a Falconet every 30 secs or so. This is a risky move, because your captain is in the center and very exposed. This could lead him to die quickly. But if you manage to do it, you would have a great advantage.
Around 8:14 you see that he killed enough people to move on to the next section. He is now able to choose stronger units that will start spawning in his base.
At one point you have enough units/ strong units and you can atack the enemy base directly, with the objective to kill his captain.

Ok, I hope you understood this. Now translated into Battleforge.
- First problem that comes up is that there is ( I think ) no way to detect what nationality ( Color ) you have chosen whenever the game starts. Perhaps you can make a deck with one card, and depending on what color it is (Nature, fire, frost , shadow) you will get stronger units from that color. I'll try to explain this.. Well, imagine section 1 would be... Forsaken, Sunstriders, Master Archers and Windweaver ( All t1 units) So if you would have started the map with a nature card, the map automaticlly thinks you are nature. So, if you chose windweavers they would be upgrade III (If you choose units from your color they will be stronger, in this case upgrade III) but you are also able to choose forsaken, but they will be upgrade I ( If you had started the game with a shadow card, the game  would think you chose shadow and so forsaken would ONLY be III for you ( or other shadow players). I'm not sure if anything like this is possible...
- The unit that would spawn in the middle could easily be replaced with a siege unit. The captain can also easily be set I think.
- There would be 4 sections. T1, T2, T3, T4. In T1 and T2 you would only have 1 unit from your color, but at T3 and T4 there would be 2 units from your color, so you could pick 2 different units from your color that would be III.

Alot of thought would have to be done to make sure that the sections would be balanced enough.
I hope you guys understand this and feel free to ask any questions because I am sure you have some.
[/quote]

If this ever becomes a thing, I'd love BattleForge 100 times more than I already do. Your post is thorough and I like that.

About the Card colour thing, why not just start with a plain orb like you do in the missions. Of course you're going to have to disregard moving to the centre to get extra units. Instead it could be for example: (x amount of kills rewards you with x - y unit/s).

What do you exactly mean? I don't think I'm understanding your questions correctly.
Are you suggestion that the captain is replaced with an orb and that once you destroy that you have beaten your enemy ?
Are you suggestion removing those "sections" that are shown in the video at 2:01 and just automatically set the units you will have after x amount of kills (removing the ability to choose between 2 different units in section(T3) and section(T4)?
Or is your question about what "nationality" (color) the player starts with so that he gets stronger units from that color ?

[quote='JoseAlmeida' pid='7428' dateline='1437256825']
I would personally love to see a MOBA map inside Battleforge
[/quote]

Pretty neat, but the slow reaction and long animation of units in this game doesn't fit the style I think.
Would have to be fan created

[quote='Pigslord' pid='7487' dateline='1437267067']
[quote='JoseAlmeida' pid='7428' dateline='1437256825']
I would personally love to see a MOBA map inside Battleforge
[/quote]

Pretty neat, but the slow reaction and long animation  of units in this game doesn't fit the style I think.
Would have to be fan created
[/quote]

Of course ^^ I mean in the community maps

[quote='ladadoos' pid='7484' dateline='1437266414']
Are you suggestion that the captain is replaced with an orb and that once you destroy that you have beaten your enemy ?
Are you suggestion removing those "sections" that are shown in the video at 2:01 and just automatically set the units you will have after x amount of kills (removing the ability to choose between 2 different units in section(T3) and section(T4)?

[/quote]
1. Yes, of course.
2. No, not at all. I suggested; as you can't move a monument to the centre of a map by walking, why not get a "cannon" for x amount of kills instead of finding a way to make a monument move.

[quote='SZTB' pid='7507' dateline='1437269594']

1. Yes, of course.
2. No, not at all. I suggested; as you can't move a monument to the centre of a map by walking, why not get a "cannon" for x amount of kills instead of finding a way to make a monument move.
[/quote]

Ah, like that. I mean, we could do that, but then there would be no point in having to go to the middle. I would suggest making it so that you would have to have X amount of units in the center to be able to get a "cannon". It adds abit of that risk-reward feeling.
Perhaps what also could work is, having your monument somewhere where it can't be destroyed and still having a "captain". You would have to kill the captain to win. The monument would only be used to know what color you have chosen.

Actually I have a really decent idea about a passable 8 playier map but doing it in a style like the pve when 4 people on one map and 4 on another

THe idea is that there are teams on each map teams of 1,2,3,4 doesn;t matter the objective to protect a relic on there map while sending units to the other teams map to attack via a portal. Granted the units that are sent will probably be controlled by AI and just send down a line towards enemy base.

I feel that this can pose an interesting map where some teams would have half defence half offence or full offence or full defence and trying to build for T4.

anyway just an idea.