The rpve Willzapper

Bkingn

Hi guys! I'm looking for different ways to counter the rpve willzapper building i know theres matter mastery and earthshaker. Is there any fun or interesting ways to destroy it or counter its effect? Im currently playing a fun pure shadow rpve deck and this building is the only one that counters me hard.

swarm the fucker with snapyaw-summons from satanael if you want to keep your pure shadow deck..that and necrofury-siege and frenetic assault green are the only simple solutions that come to mind for pure shadow. there are smarter people than me, who would propably send one unit into range, as soon as it is petrified, use nether warp to gang the willzapper with the rest of their army before its next attack interval. sometimes i do this accidentially and it seems to work...but also sometimes there are two willzappers =_=

Edited by shroomion
Bkingn and Loriens like this

2 hours ago, WatcherOfSky said:

Best strategy for countering Willzapper is to avoid it altogether, just skip any level with twilight :kappa:

pretty sure people would make big eyes if there was a dude in rpve simply navigating past all the enemies in a total avoidance strategy and then waiting for them to catch up at the last camp with a smug smile on his face xD

Best way for pure shadow if you don't want to get hit at all is Rifle Cultist ability + Unholy Hero. The potential 2nd and 3rd tower can then be taken care of with Infect/Undead Army and/or Frenetic Assault (nature)
Universally applicable is to send in 1 unit as "tank unit" before piling on the building with all your units.

Dallarian likes this

3 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

Nox Carrier + Nether Warp maybe? Don't know, of it even works, but it is the only creative solution that came to my mind and hasn't been mentioned before.

Would require to send in a tank unit first as well as the animation isn't fast enough. Also Nox Carrier would require an extra deck slot that is only really usefull for this specific strategy and maybe to kill a spawn building in close base t4 scenarios - which is also easily possible with just staple rpve cards like frenetic Assault (+ Infect + Soulshatter).

Overall not worth the deck slot unless you go for maximum style points.

So is it enough to send just one unit in let him paralyzed then all my other units can go in without the effect? Im playing mass disintegrate shadow worms with overlords its pretty fun and powerful (lost souls are the easiest maps for the deck!) And the only thing that slows me down is the willzapper thats why im asking ideas.

4 hours ago, Bkingn said:

So is it enough to send just one unit in let him paralyzed then all my other units can go in without the effect? Im playing mass disintegrate shadow worms with overlords its pretty fun and powerful (lost souls are the easiest maps for the deck!) And the only thing that slows me down is the willzapper thats why im asking ideas.

Just have to kill it before it's 2nd activation but essentially yes

1 hour ago, Metagross31 said:

What else would you want to go for? :)

19 hours ago, Treim said:

Best way for pure shadow if you don't want to get hit at all is Rifle Cultist ability + Unholy Hero. The potential 2nd and 3rd tower can then be taken care of with Infect/Undead Army and/or Frenetic Assault (nature)
Universally applicable is to send in 1 unit as "tank unit" before piling on the building with all your units.

Edited by Treim

I meant what would you go for other than style points :D

7 hours ago, Bkingn said:

I remember you posted that idea somewhere here before and it sound really fun. Would you mind sharing the decklist?

Edited by Metagross31

3 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

I meant what would you go for other than style points :D

Both methods are valid.
Rifle Cultist strategy is more micro intense while sending 1 unit in is slightly worse but much easier to handle- I would personally go for the former personally (if I am not being lazy).

12 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

I remember you posted that idea somewhere here before and it sound really fun. Would you mind sharing the decklist?

Forsaken,Skeleton Warriors,Life weaving,Offering(G),Motivate,Soul Splicer(G),Darkelf Assassins,Furnance of Flesh,Resource booster,Shadow phenix, unholy power, unholy hero, blood healing, cultist master,frenetic assault(g), satanael(r),death ray,overlord,shadow worm,rifle cultist

This is my deck, it still needs some adjustments like using one nether warp its easier to get the worms into the middle also im using 1 death ray with unholy hero to burst dowm big buildings. Its more like a unit spam deck i usually end up with 6-7 worms and 5 overlords. Its really fun, but you need to build up your army first then engage. Blood healing with unholy power/life weaving is an amazing tool to save the worms or even use the overlords heal. Recently i love playing with this deck super fun at rpve9. Give it a try :D

Edited by Bkingn
Metagross31 likes this