Getting player cards

Sykole

Want to make a script to export all the player's cards locally, but can't seem to find the packets responsible for populating the player's CollectionView (?) or an option to export them via the client directly, and doing it via OCR will be a chore.

Any ideas? 

These are scripts/modifications a player should not do (editing the client or manipulating the networking), even though they are not ill-minded. There is currently no in-game option to export your cards and unfortunately if we ever were to add it, it would be (very) low priority. Currently there is no feasible option to export your cards in another approved way.

I can still give you a list of your cards if you want though :rolleyes:

On 2/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, Ladadoos said:

These are scripts/modifications a player should not do (editing the client or manipulating the networking), even though they are not ill-minded. There is currently no in-game option to export your cards and unfortunately if we ever were to add it, it would be (very) low priority. Currently there is no feasible option to export your cards in another approved way.

I can still give you a list of your cards if you want though :rolleyes:

Ah, too bad then. Wanted to make a fun little project out of it where players can see what cards they might be missing, compare it with others on a website, etc.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Sykole

23 hours ago, Sykole said:

Ah, too bad then. Wanted to make a fun little project out of it where players can see what cards they might be missing, compare it with others on a website, etc.

Thanks anyway.

Sounds interesting, but how would you imagine that to work considering you could I assume just edit your collection before uploading it? Or what exactly was the idea of being able to compare inventories with other players?
A feature I had started a long time ago but actually never finished was being able to export your decks and import decks in-game, and to make it work together with like the cardbase (as in, you can import decks from cardbase). But considering the cardbase will be replaced in the future at one point, it's on hold.

5 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

Sounds interesting, but how would you imagine that to work considering you could I assume just edit your collection before uploading it? Or what exactly was the idea of being able to compare inventories with other players?
A feature I had started a long time ago but actually never finished was being able to export your decks and import decks in-game, and to make it work together with like the cardbase (as in, you can import decks from cardbase). But considering the cardbase will be replaced in the future at one point, it's on hold.

To verify the authenticity of the collection, I could just export, run a checksum, and upload it automatically without user input. Sure it might be possible to edit the memory of the client itself to change what cards you have, but that'd be really sad, but fixable by intercepting the server's packets for what cards the player owns.

I wanted more than just comparing cards with other players, though. My primary function was the total worth of your cards, which I was going to use the AH API for to get real-time pricing, and a price alert bot automatically notifies you if say, an upgraded card of yours that is missing a charge, goes below a certain price. And yeah, exporting/creating decks as well where they can be accessible, like localhost/empire/ to show the player-recommended decks for the map empire; fun stuff like that.

Edited by Sykole