Frost Sorceress

Torban

I was hoping to suggest slightly buffing frost sorceress' damage just to spice up the horrendously awful frost mirror match. It's absolute boring having frostmage as the only viable unit for the mirror match. I despise playing this matchup. Currently a frost sorc is about equal for a 1v1 fight vs frostmage if it's single target and much weaker in aoe damage than frost mage especially if the frost mages spread out even slightly as they have a much wider aoe than the sorcs. Just a few points of damage could be enough to spice up this otherwise linear battle and in the very least make hybrid forces more viable.

I believe frost is the only single unit mirror match faction in the game and I'd really like to see that changed at some point. Probably my biggest gripe in pvp.

Edited by Torban

This is a similar case vs. Nature as well, creating a tedious matchup where a single mistake might cost you everything.

In your comparisons are you looking at actual damage or the amount listed on the cards? Sorceress does around 25-50% less damage than stated, depending on the situation.

I did a lot of testing in the forge for groups of frost mages and frost sorceress in various formations and mixes/pures, throwing in shields, ect. Wasn't relying on the card numbers at all. Couldn't find a way to make the mix up viable in it's current state. Anytime something started to work a formation change for the frostmages solves it handily.

Edited by Torban

3 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

The card is only used to buff and protect squishy damage dealers (Skyfire Drake, for example), not for damage. And for that, it's pretty damn good - cheap strong ability with a fairly low cooldown. I think it's fine as is

Have any other suggestions to make frost t1 mirror matches less... single card then? Figured Sorc is decent candidate as she's a ranged M dmg dealer already so with a few tweaks frosts only counter to medium ranged spam in pvp isn't frostmage. This whole Frostmage is the counter to frost mage is seriously a problem. It is also exactly because Frost Sorceress is a frost/fire splash card and pve card atm that I figure she's a good candidate. Pve isn't going to be broken by a dps change to her and she's usually used in t2 for 1v1 pvp making her dps still rather irrelevant outside of t1. Not sure how it would affect 2v2 as I rarely play it so someone else would have to have input there.

Edited by Torban

16 hours ago, Torban said:

Have any other suggestions to make frost t1 mirror matches less... single card then? Figured Sorc is decent candidate as she's a ranged M dmg dealer already so with a few tweaks frosts only counter to medium ranged spam in pvp isn't frostmage. This whole Frostmage is the counter to frost mage is seriously a problem. It is also exactly because Frost Sorceress is a frost/fire splash card and pve card atm that I figure she's a good candidate. Pve isn't going to be broken by a dps change to her and she's usually used in t2 for 1v1 pvp making her dps still rather irrelevant outside of t1. Not sure how it would affect 2v2 as I rarely play it so someone else would have to have input there.

i am no pvp guy but can yo not use frost guardian to counter frostmages? it is a m unit and m dmg.

Frost T1 mirrors aren't at all single unit matchups. Once the wellpositions get close, ice guardians come into play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLv1KjWDtB0

If you want more micro in your frost T1s maybe take a close well like in the vid.

At low or mid powerlevel frost mages dont kill ice guardians...you can also micro them away until they are able to reshield.

Edited by SunWu
Edit: I mean, of course you can make frost sorceress deal more dmg, but it wont change the fact that ice guardian is the most important unit in a frost T1 fight
Dallarian likes this