The Skylords Open #3 (2on2) 13.02.21

Toggy

Hello fellow Skyladies and Skylords!

Battles were fought and alliances were forged. Which team will win the Skylords Open #3?

Format?

The tournament will be played as a best of 3 double elimination 2on2 tournament, grand finals will be best of 5, no reset.

Prize Pool!

1st team  - 2000 BFP +2 promo harvesters!

2nd team - 1200 BFP +2 promo lyrish knights!

3rd team - 800 BFP

4th team - 500 BFP

And one free boosterpack for every participant!

Special prize: The first team to beat RadicalX in a set will get 8 boosters.

Big thanks to the devs who sponsor the BFP and free boosters!

Big thanks to NewGuy for the promo harvesters and the 8 boosters!

Big thanks to TrollAxeThrower for the promo lyrish knights!

When?

On 13.02.21  starting on 3pm CET (Berlin time), the stream will start about 30 minutes in advance.

Organisation?

The tournament brackets will be on Challonge, so register and join the tournament there. Please use your in game account name to make communication and finding your enemy easier.

The streaming channel that will be covering the tournament is DasToggy on twitch.tv.

In case of problems contact me or one of my mods via Discord, Battleforge or in the stream.

Twitch mods: LynnTaki, Karlmann90, TheFatherJack

Ingame: Karlo

Rules!

-No bugabuse, cheating or insulting the other players. Penalties may vary from a warning to default loss.

-Disconnection during a game results in a default loss. If both sides agree it is possible to have a remake.

-Not showing up to your match after 15 minutes results in a default loss. The plan is to play a round of matches every ~30 mins.

-After your match, go to Challonge and insert the result. That is done by clicking on your match and selecting the winner/stats . The brackets will be updated automatically.

-The Map Pool is:  1st round: Fyre, 2nd round: Turan, 3rd round: Danduil, 4th: Nadai , 5th: Zahadune, 6th: Gorgash. The first match of the round will be played on the fixed map, then it is losers choice.  The winning Team (who won the last match in this bo3) also has to lock in their decks first.

-The brackets for the tournament will be shuffled before the tournament starts.

-Use your Battleforge name for the tournament. If your Challonge account differs from your Battleforge account name use the "Sign up with an alternate name" feature or change your name for the tournament in the settings. Create a team and invite your mate in challonge.

-You need to be a team of 2 players present to participate in the tournament

Please recheck this thread before the tournament starts in case of rulechanges/mappool changes/mod changes/ prizepool changes.

Reply in this thread if you have questions, I will check it out later.

Best regards,

Toggy

Edited by Toggy

Any update on the map pool?

On 1/30/2021 at 9:23 AM, Dallarian said:

What does mean "no reset"?

This implies that there is a loser's bracket. There is an ultimate winner from the winner's bracket (loses no sets) and an ultimate winner from the loser's bracket (loses one set).

In a regular double elimination tournament, you only lose once you have lost 2 sets. So if the loser's bracket player beats the winner's bracket player, the match "resets" since the winner's bracket player has not lost twice yet.

This means that in a best-of-5 format, you could potentially play a 10-game grand finals. These are super hype imo, so I'm not sure why there's no bracket reset.

Metagross31 likes this

On 1/30/2021 at 8:47 AM, Toggy said:

Map Pool is:  1st round: Fyre, 2nd round: Turan, 3rd round: Danduil, 4th: Nadai , 5th: Zahadune, 6th: Gorgash. The first match of the round will be played on the fixed map, then it is losers choice.  The winning Team (who won the last match in this bo3) also has to lock in their decks first

Does that mean we can't counterpick any other maps, like haladur2n2, simai2v2, or koshan?

@Toggy

Hey Eirias,

Yes the mappool only constists of the official 2on2 maps without some problematic ones. Only the maps mentioned in the rules can be used to play out your matches. Custom maps like modified 1on1 maps are not in the pool.

Greetings,

Toggy

• 2 weeks later...

I understand its a lot of work, but would it at least be possible to distribute them before the next tournament? I see a trent of more and more time in between the hand out of boosters, even though less players are joining :( 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DireDRAGON said:

Have you finished sending free bosters? I still havent got it. What is the name of ingame mail with the booster?

It was not distributed yet.

Expect mail with title "Tournament Reward" with Skylords logo, just like from achievements and daily quests; or a mail from Toggy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, DireDRAGON said:

I don't want to bother you but when will it be done? I guess a month is enough time.

All I can do is apologize, I gave the devs the list of participants on the tournament day. As a regular user I cannot give out 90 boosters.

Greetings,

Toggy

2 hours ago, Toggy said:

All I can do is apologize, I gave the devs the list of participants on the tournament day. As a regular user I cannot give out 90 boosters.

Greetings,

Toggy

i do not think anybody is angry about you. Its just seems like the devs dont have this on high prioriti...i just hope that we get booter befor Covid ends :D

13 hours ago, Toggy said:

Don't apologize, I guess (hope!) everybody understood its not your fault.