New Card: Bandit Warlord

The Harbinger

This is fully upgraded:

image.png.760b5ceb4694eb057ba28c47ddbcc009.pngimage.png.0e40f95f61a10f600a4d19766caeb23c.png
Lifesteal: 20% of damage dealt by the unit will return as life points.
Banditry: 25m-30m range.
•   Fire affinity: Increases damage dealt by nearby bandit units by 25%.
•   Shadow affinity: Increases lifesteal of nearby bandit units by 10%.
Banzai Birds (150): Summons two banzai birds. These birds have 1k HP and banzai into enemies dealing 750 damage to target and all enemies within a 20m radius, up to 3000 damage in total. Knocks back small and medium units. Affects ground targets only.

Reasons for implementation:
•   Bandits lack a devoted t4 unit.
•   Bandits also lack an equivalent to Grinder, Abomination, Lost Warlord, etc. Bloodhorn is an excellent card but its functionality differs from those options in most cases. 

Initial ideas for unit:
•   A summoning ability would be useful but I was thinking if a Bandit King legendary card was created it might be ideal to have it similar in design to this w/ a banzai bird spawning ability as seen in the Mo campaign.
•   Due to his lifesteal ability and aura buffs I don't think his HP should be very high, I put his HP at the 5000 range ideally because while the lifesteal is nice I'm not sure if it would be quite as good as Grinders sustain.
•   Due to lifesteal relying on damage done I'd put his damage as higher than Grinder as well but certainly lower than Abomination, especially considering he has support abilities.
•   Based on initial design I wouldn't place him as better as a unit than Abomination or even Lost Warlord but I think the aura buff to surrounding units would make him worth placing.
•   It should be noted that the increased lifesteal and damage would benefit a group of two+ Bandit Warlords but I've no idea how substantial an effect the auras would be.
•   Banzai birds are basically better shadow phoenix's as an initial concept. Since bandits already have access to the Shadow Pheonix I figure making them somewhat better, and cheaper per unit, would be an incentive to use the ability. I imagine reducing the amount spawned to 1 would still be useful due to the increased stats.

Edited by The Harbinger
Changed shadow affinity passive name. Added new active ability.
RayG and Mynoduesp like this

Sounds cool, I would change:

• Shadow affinities have the ability name prefix "tainted" 
  • Life Stealer is the bandit faction innate passive with 15%
  • Either convert Banditry into an active ability (just passives are quite boring) or indeed add the ability to summon some flying companions
  • Alternatively I could also imagine something like additional damage vs flying units 

Fixed the shadow affinity name. The problem with making banditry an active ability is that the card should stand side by side with some of the more useful t4s of its type, especially since it needs to be able to justify going with a dedicated bandit deck and cardslot. Damage against flying units would be a little too niche in my opinion, you rarely run into situations in t4 that would make the ability useful. I'll tack the Banzai bird summons down on the card since I find it unlikely they'd implement this card and a legendary Bandit King card.

This card could be called Banzai Lord, for the sake of reference to the Mo mission. I think it would be cool if the birds spawned from corpse collection on the shadow affinity. The aura ability to buff bandits is meh imo, that part of the design does not interest me.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:02 AM, LEBOVIN said:

Sounds cool, I would change:

• Shadow affinities have the ability name prefix "tainted" 
  • Life Stealer is the bandit faction innate passive with 15%
  • Either convert Banditry into an active ability (just passives are quite boring) or indeed add the ability to summon some flying companions
  • Alternatively I could also imagine something like additional damage vs flying units 

"life stealer" also appears on ashbone pyro and is at 30%. the text is identical other than being 30%. The only difference is that a little picture doesnt show up with a bicep that says "life stealer: x% of the damage dealt by this unit will be added to its health" however the ashbone pyro lifesteal functions identically. I dont see any issue with the literal leader of the bandits and also the only real T4 bandit card had a better lifesteal. 

EDIT: and the lifesteal of ashbone pyro can be upgraded to 50%, however it still has the same text on the card simply saying "life stealer".

Edited by wisersamson

I would find it funny if this guy had steadfast, swift and the size of kyle rogan. "Oh no! He comes! The leader of the bandits!"  "Where?! i can't see him ! OMG! ..wait is that an actually believable size for a bandit leader?"

Banzai birds would make sense then because he cant hit air units without them.

On 1/30/2021 at 10:40 AM, The Harbinger said:

Aura is mainly a concept to get more bandit units out and reward the use. I myself use rainbow decks a lot but think using dedicated faction decks should be incentivized. I suppose the name Banzai Lord would make more sense, depends on if the ability is feasible functionally.

i Like the aura the most since we can see this on banditos as well. I would give him the option to use the stored lifepoints to feed the tortugun >:)