How to build a Shadow/Nature Deck for PvE?

TOXICC

Shadow/Nature Beginner Deck  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How baaad is my deck?? ^^

• WOOOW ITS AMAZING (I know it isnt)
    • Great for Standard or Advanced Missions but there are some things to change
    • A lot of things to change there but basic structure is there
    • You should rebuild your whole deck but you could use alot cards in the new one.
    • Rebuild completely (fuck its baad)
    • Deinstall, ty

Hello everyone!

I am pretty new to the game and the first obvious thing a beginner wants to do after he played for 1-2 hours is building a new deck. For me aswell. So I tried to create a Shadow/Nature deck out of scratch with cards I already had or which I bought from the marketplace for almost nothing. And that worked for me in standard missions or lvl 5 random maps ^^

As I played along for several hours more I was focussed on improving my deck. I added more expensive cards like Mo, Grim or the Wyrm but as I used my deck in harder missions I  felt like it was not strong enough and had useless cards in it. I won some lvl 9 PvE maps but I also had 3 teammates to help me out. I also felt like (especially when I saw some other PvE decks) that my deck has no targeted direction what I want to do with it and almost none of the cards play along together.

I had the problem that searching for good cards which fit your deck is very hard, especially when you don´t even know half of them. I think this is a problem a lot of beginners have.

So I am asking more experienced players to help us stop building stupid decks with just some random cards thrown in.

I think my deck is close to most beginners decks when it comes to this problem.

Maybe someone can help. ^^ 

Bild_2021-01-27_175832.thumb.png.bd0ef8b4e214c84d3b48fb7432ec21c1.png

(Deck Level is almost at 70)

One thing you really need to do is go through there and sort out all your orb requirements. You have a lot of pure shadow cards but also nature cards sharing the same tier that you can't even use until the next tier at the earliest. When do you even grab your green orb with this? I actually can't tell.

Edited by Torban
Timer and TOXICC like this

Yes thats right.. I knew, for example, that I need to decide if I want to take a shadow or nature orb on leveling to t3. (Satanael or Deepcoil Worm and Equilibrium) My thoughts were, as I built the deck, that I could act different depending on the situation but I do have some unused cards  till t4 then tho..

Thank you I´ll work on that.

As I played along I realized that I actually do not really know when to use what. The only thing important for me if I got t3 shadow or nature is if I have healing in my group or not. Satanael does plenty of damage but with 3 shadow orbs I cant heal them properly. If there is no nature deck in my team I mostly use nature as t3

6 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

I mean, yeah that's a novel concept. But what situation would you imagine where you'd actually have to make this choice?

I know there are some shadow "healing by damaging smth" cards but I do not know which one are the best and how to use them properly. 

17 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

You can burn up one of Satanaels Snapjaws with Bloodhealing. Doesn't have long range but it's something.

Yes that would be an option of course but is it actually worth it to kill 1 Satanael to heal, lets say 2-3 units. I mean in early t3 you dont not have a lot of those expensive units.

You are overthinking this imo. I have a deck that just plays satanael and gg..summon lots of his snappers and t3 is a breeze. for t4 i take a nature orb to add revenge and equilibrium..that is basically it. besides frenetic assault, nether warp, soulshatter and roots there is nothing much else you need to do expert maps or rpve 9. If other players start to blame your massive army of snappers to drop their frame rate then you can be kind and kill half of them off and just put a deathray or two in the mix..voidmaw would be more meme and fun but deathrays are just better and since you got regrowth and some snappers to sacrifice you can always keep the ships ability on. Been doing this all january now and it really is an easy deck to play and i am glad i came up with this strategy, since it is also bloody cheap. Satanael and death ray are not getting the love they deserve in the auctionhouse lol

oh and if you really dont like satanael too much then you can also be funny and use unstable demons plus equilibrium in t3..send them in make them explode with an "offensive heal" lol

and unholy shit! your deck needs a soulsplicer and nightguards to make life easier on expert maps =)

Also i am seeing a lot of t1 and t2 units here..if you play the ultra meta card that is shadow phoenix then add an embalmers shrine to it.

Edited by shroomion

I think you need to let the idea of "one deck for every map" go. rPVE has different requirements than std/adv campaign maps. Some expert maps can be done with "normal" decks, others get a lot easier with a purpose-build deck.

But there is one important thing to know: If you are not speedrunning, you can make pretty much any color combination work on pretty much any map. So you can freely choose the colors you want to play and then build a deck around it :)

For Shadow/Nature: Decide if you want to play shadow T1 or nature T1. Then, decide the general direction of the deck: nature or shadow as main components?

What I see from your deck is a focus on shadow with a light nature splash for some heals and a little bit of CC. Generally it is a good idea to stick to one or two main units per tier and support with spells. Charges are no problem with shadow as you can use offering (g) to replenish them quickly and even circumvent recast delays on cards like frenetic assault. Also, shadow has some pretty good options for void manipulation with the most popular being furnace of flesh + cultist master.

TOXICC likes this

13 hours ago, dontshoot said:

I think you need to let the idea of "one deck for every map" go. rPVE has different requirements than std/adv campaign maps. Some expert maps can be done with "normal" decks, others get a lot easier with a purpose-build deck.

But there is one important thing to know: If you are not speedrunning, you can make pretty much any color combination work on pretty much any map. So you can freely choose the colors you want to play and then build a deck around it :)

For Shadow/Nature: Decide if you want to play shadow T1 or nature T1. Then, decide the general direction of the deck: nature or shadow as main components?

What I see from your deck is a focus on shadow with a light nature splash for some heals and a little bit of CC. Generally it is a good idea to stick to one or two main units per tier and support with spells. Charges are no problem with shadow as you can use offering (g) to replenish them quickly and even circumvent recast delays on cards like frenetic assault. Also, shadow has some pretty good options for void manipulation with the most popular being furnace of flesh + cultist master.

Thank you for your answer. It really helped a lot. I will try a little more variation for different maps and maybe I can finds something which works great for one specific map. Furnace of Flesh + Cultist is great. Thank you for this one!