Promo Snapjaws is a promo?

Ponni

Not sure if I have missed if there has been a discussion somewhere in the forum (not checked Discord...) but cannot really find anything on this subject:

Is the Snapjaws Promo a Promo?

image.png.e01d19c9afd1f26f1d392f94dc72f5fc.png

The one in the game is the one to the right, but should it not look like the one to the left if it is a Promo?

Not the most important question I suppose, just curious to know... :)

// Ponni

9 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

There are snapjaws normal and snapjaws promo. I haven't looked carefully but they should look different. Not sure why the non promo version has the promo artwork thouThere are snapjaws normal and snapjaws promo. I haven't looked carefully but they should look different. Not sure why the non promo version has the promo artwork though

Yeah, these are the 3 Snapjaws available, artwork is different between the regular ones and the Promo (very nice artwork btw!). What I did above was to edit the Promo Snapjaws to have the star in the upper left corner too, which I thought was the marker for a Promo card? 

image.png.da5591686e4e410cbc4a8ba49abd5782.png

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni

@Ultrakool - your post is weird with double content.

There is Promo version of Snapjaws, you can find it out by custom artwork. All Promo cards have star in a corner.
However, all available variants of Promo Snapjaws are untradable card, and untradable symbol takes priority over Promo symbol.

Yes, Snapjaws from first picture are promo. Yes, they have Promo Star. The Promo Star is hidden below Untradable card bell.

Ultrakool.png.fd415e7932599ca7038d9ed78554901d.png

Example:
All untradable cards spawned as a unit do not have untradable Bell. Therefore, if you spawn starter Sunstriders, they have no symbol in the corner.

However, if you spawn Promo Snapjaws in the game, then Promo Star is visible - since no Bell symbol appears on spawned cards.

Edited by Dallarian
Ultrakool likes this

1 hour ago, Dallarian said:

@Ultrakool - your post is weird with double content.

There is Promo version of Snapjaws, you can find it out by custom artwork. All Promo cards have star in a corner.
However, all available variants of Promo Snapjaws are untradable card, and untradable symbol takes priority over Promo symbol.

Yes, Snapjaws from first picture are promo. Yes, they have Promo Star. The Promo Star is hidden below Untradable card bell.

Ultrakool.png.fd415e7932599ca7038d9ed78554901d.png

Example:
All untradable cards spawned as a unit do not have untradable Bell. Therefore, if you spawn starter Sunstriders, they have no symbol in the corner.

However, if you spawn Promo Snapjaws in the game, then Promo Star is visible - since no Bell symbol appears on spawned cards.

today in science with Dallarian: "Promos, Stars and you"

But seriously, I didnt even notice that, smart research on that one :) I kinda love it when people take stuff like this apart (if its not done with malicious intend of course)

7 hours ago, Mighty_Rathalos said:

today in science with Dallarian: "Promos, Stars and you"

But seriously, I didnt even notice that, smart research on that one :) I kinda love it when people take stuff like this apart (if its not done with malicious intend of course)

Mynoduesp. His name is Mynoduesp. Feel free to thank him on Discord.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't even notice myself.

16 minutes ago, Dallarian said:

Ok, then thanks for bringing this piece of info also to the Forum, I will be sure to check in Discord in the future too! :)

// Ponni 

5 hours ago, Dallarian said:

well, ok true, but its not the first time I saw that battleship cruise by and present detailed information. I did not do this whole thing about BF yet but if it is for games like, idk, Monster Hunter then I will know many bizzare and obscure details about the game, mechanics and interactions that many dont even care about existing because I find this exciting :)

Dallarian likes this