Proposal to reduce the power of greefing

Metagross31

Hello everyone,

recently I have seen more and more threads about reworking cards, that regarded greefing potential.
For example, some people were complaining about decomposer being used to greef, while others wanted offering to work on your teams units, which would again allow for more greefing.

While there are arguments for both sides, I hereby want to make a proposal, that might be satisfying to both sides of the medal.
The idea is, that spells/abilities, which would sacrifice your teammates units now no longer directly kill them, but instead give them the ability to kill themselves. This could work as with Skycatcher's Twilight Infection: You use decomposer/offering/whatever on a unit of your teammate, then this unit gets a new ability to kill itself which then triggers the corresponding effect, i.e. transferring power/refilling charges/.... This way you can no longer greef with those cards, since your teammate can always decide not to sacrifice the unit, but it also does not break speedruns/tactics, which rely on the use of decomposer. It would only make those a little more micro intensive, but since the players, which have their units decomposed, usually have a bit less microing to do, it should not be the end of the world, but I am interested in hearing, what the speedrun community says about that last point.

Anyways, this is my idea on how to fix this issue. Let me know, what you think about this idea.

And also, is this even possible to implement? I would guess so, since it works for the Skycatcher...

7 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

Hello everyone,

recently I have seen more and more threads about reworking cards, that regarded greefing potential.
For example, some people were complaining about decomposer being used to greef, while others wanted offering to work on your teams units, which would again allow for more greefing.

While there are arguments for both sides, I hereby want to make a proposal, that might be satisfying to both sides of the medal.
The idea is, that spells/abilities, which would sacrifice your teammates units now no longer directly kill them, but instead give them the ability to kill themselves. This could work as with Skycatcher's Twilight Infection: You use decomposer/offering/whatever on a unit of your teammate, then this unit gets a new ability to kill itself which then triggers the corresponding effect, i.e. transferring power/refilling charges/.... This way you can no longer greef with those cards, since your teammate can always decide not to sacrifice the unit, but it also does not break speedruns/tactics, which rely on the use of decomposer. It would only make those a little more micro intensive, but since the players, which have their units decomposed, usually have a bit less microing to do, it should not be the end of the world, but I am interested in hearing, what the speedrun community says about that last point.

Anyways, this is my idea on how to fix this issue. Let me know, what you think about this idea.

And also, is this even possible to implement? I would guess so, since it works for the Skycatcher...

I would argue there is no problem with Decomposer. If someone "steals" your troops using Decomposer I argue that is a violation to the rules of the game, e.g. not ok! Important though is that every person joining a lobby for a match also need to ask/understand the nature of the match to be played (speedrun or not...). With that said, sometimes crap happens and you might decompose a fellow team mate's unit, then an apology should be enough to sort that particular situation out.

There are however other cards in the game that in certain match setups (PvE and rPvE at least) is only really used for sabotage or in some cases even greefing.

If there is a need for a solution, here is my suggestion: Put those players on your ignore list and never play with them again. Simple, effective and in the end the only one who looses anything on this are those douche bags...

// Ponni

Edited by Ponni
typo
Volin likes this

14 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

Hello everyone,

You know what makes me laugh?

These people are griefing on a private server that says " no making more than 1 account"

You get banned once on 1 account, Skylords is structured to to ban you entirely.

Yet that guy still trollololed a newbie.

Battleforge unfortunately has a lot of ally dmg and team kill spells, but anyone who tries to troll this way always seems

to forget how easily Skylord Perma ban people. In other words, they're actually that short sighted and dumb.