Players don't want to play Collection PvP

macabi

I have joined Collection PvP games many times and noticed players don't want to play them.

These collection PvP  games are usually hosted by new players who are unaware of the free unlimited PvP decks.

Personally I don't mind playing Collection PvP, however, every player who joins the game quits once he realizes it is Collection and not Unlimited PvP.

So, I wanted to bring this issue to the developers attention who spend extra time and effort offering us this game option.

The fact is, players are not interested in playing Collection PvP.

So perhaps its time to offer some incentives for Collection games via achievements.

How about adding the following achievements:

"Play 5 Collection PvP games" - reward - free booster

"Win 5 Collection PvP games" - reward - 2 free boosters

Next achievement sets:

"Play 10 Collection PvP games" - reward - 2 free boosters

"Win 10 Collection PvP games" - reward - 4 free boosters

And so on.....

I do not want to lose PvP matches only because someone have better charges / upgrades, even if I slightly outplay them in decision making. I believe many players share that thought. However, I think you are familiar with that arguments already.

If you grant boosters or other large rewards for playing Collection PvP, then expect PvE players just to grind in afk those matches to get rewards.

Actually boosters as a reward can be interesting way to make PvP more popular. For example achievement "Play 100 PvP ranked matches", and reward for it 5-6 boosters. It's juicy enough to make many players interested in completing the achievement, and at the same time, I believe (well, I am naive), popularity of PvP side of the game would significantly increase - players from PvE would experience the gamemode quite and bit, and thanks to larger player base, they may avoid frustration from playing vs significantly superior players. Collection mod ecould benefit from this phenomena as well.

But, as the same time such achievement could lead to a lot of frustration and conflict of interests among many PvE players, they would feel forced to complete the achievement to stay on top with boosters, achievements work this way, and I do not think it would be a good thing to force players to play the gamemode.

Edited by Dallarian
Torban and wanky like this

13 hours ago, Dallarian said:

But, as the same time such achievement could lead to a lot of frustration and conflict of interests among many PvE players, they would feel forced to complete the achievement to stay on top with boosters, achievements work this way, and I do not think it would be a good thing to force players to play the gamemode.

Somehow I don't think this whole "forced to play a gamemode" doesn't work for achievements. Especially since we already have a lot of "forcing" achievments: Beat campaign on expert, use deck with specific colour in PvE/P, use 7 dragons in PvE, use a legendary Skylord card in a pure deck in PvE etc. While most of these "forced" me to play a few games out of my comfort zone, I really enjoyed these. So adding an achievement like this is not a bad idea imo.

I strongly dislike PvP but would still like achievements like this. 
Anything that encourages play and ISNT a daily quest is a plus in my book. 

If new players join to do this they can always start participating in the content i do enjoy like PvE, achievements like this would be a boon to the community as a whole. 
Could even encourage non-pvpers to try it out for a bit in hopes of getting the rewards.

Torban and gemeiner Lauch like this

First of all, there is no danger of uneven player deck level in Collection PvP because the host usually kick out players with low deck level.

The same thing is done when a low deck level player joins rPvE level 9.  He gets kicked out.

So, we can trust the host to ensure the game has players with similar deck levels.

Also, very important, players who play Unlimited PvP have no need to buy important PvP cards because they can get them free from the free decks.

However, if they are encourage (via achievements) to play Collection PvP instead of Unlimited PvP, then they would need these "free cards" which they cannot use with collection.

Let us not forget, that was what players complained about, and why the developers introduce the "Collection PvP".

I think this mode was implemented because people demanded a way to not be forced to face the free pvp decks

The devs made it into the game really fast, yet people are still unhappy about it

I mean, let's wait a longer period until you totally cancel a game mode

Most of the people are still on the hard road of getting a decent collection

Giving out small rewards can be ok, but I think this mode is only an extra

The devs are really trying everything in their power to make the normal pvp popular and balanced first

The Collection PvP mode was added after players express their desire to collect all cards and not just PvE cards.

We all know that acquiring new cards is a lot of fun, so by eliminating the need to acquire PvP cards we eliminate an important feature of the game.

Adding a few achievements for Collection PvP will help preserve the fun of collecting PvP cards.

I cannot see anything wrong with that.

It's not like everyone will drop all the other game modes and play only Collection PvP.

We are talking about a balanced incentive, that's all.