Das Zwergenrätsel

QuastenHubert

There are obviously multiple ways of dealing with this map.
The strat I found the easiest however is to rush to the first base and quickly focus down the small crystals. This can be done with ranged units or just by using Eruption. This makes the walls break and will make this first base a lot easier.
Then the other person on my side and I decide, who will rush T4 and who will stay T1. The rushing person takes T2 and the majority of wells, then you quickly clear another monument, let the rusher go T3 and clear another base to let the rusher go T4.
Then the rusher simply spawns a few (1 or 2 should be enough) flying units, for example Giant Wyrms, and fly from crystal to crystal, focuses the crystals and ignores everything else. You can even fly over the middle and clear the other side's crystals as well to speed it up even more.
For defense, don't be afraid to use the altar of flames, it will make stronger waves appear, but as soon as the rusher is T4, they can easily help defend with more Giant Wyrms/other T4 units.
Now just clear the remaining attacks using the wyrms and maybe some thunderstorms and you are good to go :)

Here is a replay, where we use this strat. The execution is far from flawless, especially since we ran into a way to hard base at first, but you should get the idea:

20210120_123238_11301_PvE_04p_ColorCode.pmv

Edited by Metagross31
Added replay

3 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

There are obviously multiple ways of dealing with this map.
The strat I found the easiest however is to rush to the first base and quickly focus down the small crystals. This can be done with ranged units or just by using Eruption. This makes the walls break and will make this first base a lot easier.

You can also start with Werebeasts, run there (Roots isnt needed though can be helpful) and destroy crystals with Mana Wings.
Or you can also take a well through a wall (you need to move your unit near well cluster at the left corner of upper segment of the wall) and spawn some units inside.

Edited by Loriens

• 3 weeks later...

Now that i think about it..i have never seen an expert run where people do not use the volcano things. Might try one today :D

Running past everything and spawning a ranged army at the bases or using erruptions to kill the little crystals and also grabbing wells from below ledges is a common way for expert runs.

To clear this map like a normal person, however you need to run up with your buddy spam ranged units and use roots/glyph of frost/frostbite to keep the xl guy off of you or stack a few mines(spell)/firebombs(building) to make it go away. One guy uses t1 nature and you go FULL attack. the nature guy builds a tunnel at the base and the bandit camp(or if you manage to be really quick you take portal but that is t2...and clearing the bandit camp that quickly without any tricks is superhard) you teleport/tunnel your archer-army back to base and hold off the bandit-wave or the demons if you already used the altar. for the next orbs you either use lots of flying L counters to clear or in case of the one protected by agressors(the icy rock throwing things) you use other strategies like sleep creeping para ..i like to use bandits for those. blue commandos in their stance with a rioters retreat behind them. use a nomad to lure the aggressors to the now immortal gods and you can clear them with high efficiancy. as always, the nightguards/parasite swarm can grab the L monsters of spawning waves there, so even with t1 you can do something useful as defense. some of those L monsters are weak t4 and with a soulsplicer/shaman or other healing stuff you can keep them healthy.(emberstrikes and void-maws)

For getting to the other crystals and to clear the map in general: xl flying units are nice, especially those with long range(spitfire or battleship) you dont need t4 to get the crystals. a few nomads and erruptions can do the same or even a bunch of swamp drakes with unity on top. Since i play mostly bandits i often end up spamming corsairs and even windhunters to help clear the other side of the map..they are not perfect for this but useful enough and their bandito spawns can loot chests on the other side ^^

For the right side the construct on the path is a bit harder to deal with but the camp is easier..so it has its ups and downs. One guy having sunstriders with suppression is always nice for the towers.

Edited by shroomion