New Card Idea: Amii Shrine

WatcherOfSky

So I'm always trying to think of new card idea for Battleforge, and I recently started thinking about a potentially not broken version of Amii Monument. After some brainstorming, this is what I came up with:

bl1ostm.png

[Amii Monument, 100 Power 1, Orb of any color]

[Nature/Fire/Frost/Shadow Mirage, 25 Power to Toggle On: Gain the essence of a Nature/Fire/Frost/Shadow orb.

Basically, it looks like a mini Amii Monument, and the premise behind the abilities is that they unlock the color the orb represents. That means you gain a color without boosting the available tier of cards. For example, being able to use both Fire and Nature tier 1 cards, but still not have access to any tier 2 cards.

So the reason I don't think this would be busted is because you can basically already do this by restarting your orbs, this card just gives you an easier outlet to do that. I believe this could potentially allow more versatile decks to be played, like more cards with stricter color costs. Of course, there might be an argument that this should be a tier 2 building, but I think I like it more for tier 1. Not completely sure on the power costs, but I feel like bare minimum the price of rebuilding a monument should be good.

What do you guys think?

(Also I was unsure whether to post this in suggestions or cards, but I chose suggestions since I've already posted new card ideas here)

Edit 1: Slow construction would make a lot of sense to add to the card. Also perhaps an additional 25 power for the toggle abilities to make it cost as much as a t2 orb.

Edit 2: Thinking about the size, I'd probably say I'd want it to be the size of, let's say, a Morklay Trap. 

Edited by WatcherOfSky
Sebu likes this

Concept is good, implementation probably currently not possible. 

The same concept exist as a T4 card. Basically another cheap Amii Monument which allows you to have access to 5 different orbs. That one is feasible, pretty sure yours is unfortunately not. (If this concept of a card would allow you to lose a monument and still add an orb is a qzestion for another time). 

5 hours ago, WatcherOfSky said:

Why would you say that?

Your card has an orb requirement of 1 orb. The card grants 1 orb color requirement of any type for the same tier.

At T1, 1 Orb

Play this Orb 1 req OP card  u suggested

You now have access to 2 types of color orb reqs. With 1 orb at the start. So Nature, Fire t1 instantly. Ewww, what is PVP then, play the Amii legendary auto win fastest to roflstomp the other player who can't play the legendary Amii now? And what is PVE then?

Where would that not be OP? Even at t2-t3, this is beyond gamebreaking. 25 void power to change? 25 power lost permanently? Killing your orbs yourself kills 150 power to 300 permanently and you sink another 100 at minimum even if you use free starter orb.

Not even close to balanced for 25 on this, and you still have access to +1 orbs requirement. Like, what deck would this card be bad, cheap 25 for t2-t3 orb requirement into resource boosters, infect, Enlightenment for everyone then! Which means, as suggested, makes this card you thought up even more powerful than enlightenment and current Amii Monu.

Edited by chickennoodler

3 hours ago, chickennoodler said:

Where would that not be OP? Even at t2-t3, this is beyond gamebreaking. 25 void power to change? 25 power lost permanently? Killing your orbs yourself kills 150 power to 300 permanently and you sink another 100 at minimum even if you use free starter orb

Just imagine - you start with Shadow T1, use this to spawn Sunderer and use Live Weaving or Nasty upon him.
Or you start with Nature, spawn Sunderer and constantly heal it. 

I feel like ppl are missing that this card concept already comes with a 100 energy bound power penalty compared to 150 for t2.

I guess "Slowed construction" would be necessary (like amii monument) for it to be less of a surprise play, but otherwise 100 bound power + 25 activation cost is nothing to sneez at. 

15 minutes ago, Mynoduesp said:

I feel like ppl are missing that this card concept already comes with a 100 energy bound power penalty compared to 150 for t2.

I guess "Slowed construction" would be necessary (like amii monument) for it to be less of a surprise play, but otherwise 100 bound power + 25 activation cost is nothing to sneez at. 

I'm on the same page, though slow construction does make sense for such a card. It could be another idea to add 25 more power to the toggle abilities too. I don't play pvp yet so I wasn't completely sure this wouldn't be busted or no, but just building t2 is almost the same cost, so idk how far synergy in t1 can bring someone vs a t2.

Edited by WatcherOfSky

1 hour ago, WatcherOfSky said:

I'm on the same page, though slow construction does make sense for such a card. It could be another idea to add 25 more power to the toggle abilities too. I don't play pvp yet so I wasn't completely sure this wouldn't be busted or no, but just building t2 is almost the same cost, so idk how far synergy in t1 can bring someone vs a t2.

It would probably be more "balanced" if you werent able to revert your choice (unlike amii monument and your current concept). 

By the way, the legendary ruleset was changed, Every team can spawn their own legendary copy of one specific card (before it was one per map).

I really like this Idea for PvP. You could play a double T1 and choose based in the matchup with which one you wanna start. But I think it gets kinda OP in T2 because giving a strong splash deck like stonekin or fire/nature acess to SOM or EP just sounds crazy to me. It could open up a a whole PvP era, where no one really plays T3 but rather use pure cards to boost your T2. Sonething like shadow/frost with harvester or shadow/nature with shadow mages and heal spam and so much more. 

While it sounds increadibly interesting, I think it would be to strong in PvP with void manipulation.

49 minutes ago, YaBro0 said:

I really like this Idea for PvP. You could play a double T1 and choose based in the matchup with which one you wanna start. But I think it gets kinda OP in T2 because giving a strong splash deck like stonekin or fire/nature acess to SOM or EP just sounds crazy to me. It could open up a a whole PvP era, where no one really plays T3 but rather use pure cards to boost your T2. Sonething like shadow/frost with harvester or shadow/nature with shadow mages and heal spam and so much more. 

While it sounds increadibly interesting, I think it would be to strong in PvP with void manipulation.

I'd want the actual model to be a much smaller version of Amii Monument, since it's just a shrine. I was thinking more like the size of a Morklay Trap. :D

Edited by WatcherOfSky

Regarding pvp which i never play and i think it would be the most affected by this card, may i suggest a new card mechanic...

Basically everyone can play this card (like neutral) except it is not neutral (making it only possible for 1 player to play it). A universal 1st orb card if you would like it. And at the colour orb you could have it use all 4 colours, 1/4 of the orb each colour.

***Hearthstone started using this mechanic a few while back where each class could play specific cards (new cards at every expansion as well) from some other classes. Not only it allowed them to cut time creating new cards but made the game more interesting. I think it would be the ideal solution here where we dont have either the same resources in development as AAA francises as others in creating new stuff and can solve cards and time uses in the long run. But for now experimenting with 1 card would be a good start.

if some OP stuff like this appears then i would suggest just making it constantly lose hp after construction to at least annoy the one playing it with repairs, or maybe confuse all your units every 30 seconds, orr make it prevent you from playing any other building as long as it stands, or you can play it but the only units you can play without having a malus on them are amii units xD

7 hours ago, shroomion said:

if some OP stuff like this appears then i would suggest just making it constantly lose hp after construction to at least annoy the one playing it with repairs, or maybe confuse all your units every 30 seconds, orr make it prevent you from playing any other building as long as it stands, or you can play it but the only units you can play without having a malus on them are amii units xD

You say op, but why would you think it would be?

Use your imagination: An idea for t1 - you could have red nomads now and simply heal them with ray of light. Or windweavers and the minespell or homesoil. Think about a sunderers with shamans in your t1. Harvester plus heals or a bunch of lost shades plus the 2 heals which suddenly are available on points in maps where you should only have 2 orbs at this point. Take 2 chaos knights and let them walk with their ability into an enmy base but shield them from a distance with frost socereresses or simply heal them as you watch how everything dies at its own hands...you wont even need to add befallens curse but you could lol. The maps are not made for such extra thick cheese. If you would ask me, i would turn the amii monument into this thing xD (y come at me bros) ..then at least you had to play the game until t3. Add this to amii monument and you can almost play every card in the game at t3..that is GG on almost every pve map, with no sweating involved - on expert.

It loos interesting at first, but the longer i think about it, the more it looks simply like powercreeping.

7 minutes ago, shroomion said:

Use your imagination: An idea for t1 - you could have red nomads now and simply heal them with ray of light. Or windweavers and the minespell or homesoil. Think about a sunderers with shamans in your t1. Harvester plus heals or a bunch of lost shades plus the 2 heals which suddenly are available on points in maps where you should only have 2 orbs at this point. Take 2 chaos knights and let them walk with their ability into an enmy base but shield them from a distance with frost socereresses or simply heal them as you watch how everything dies at its own hands...you wont even need to add befallens curse but you could lol. The maps are not made for such extra thick cheese. If you would ask me, i would turn the amii monument into this thing xD (y come at me bros) ..then at least you had to play the game until t3. Add this to amii monument and you can almost play every card in the game at t3..that is GG on almost every pve map, with no sweating involved - on expert.

It loos interesting at first, but the longer i think about it, the more it looks simply like powercreeping.

But is the added versatility worth over tier 2 that costs 25 more power? Also in pve, you can already use multiple colors by switching out orbs, it just costs 100 power to do so. This card was more of a way to make a more practical way of doing it. Also, rather than saying how op it can be, costs can always be tweeked, this is just my first draft of the idea.

Going pure is hard to justify as it is. It's basically just for flavor and fun. A card like this would render pure decks absolute meme-material.

This card would especially break T1. The one stage of the game that can be somewhat balanced around a clear, available pool of cards. Frostmages and Windweavers. Sunderer and Shamans. Firesworn and Motivate against L units.

It also heavily affects pure T2 units. Harvester being the most notable example.

Also, it would just be yet another card like Amii Monument where people just start to completely depend on it.

2 hours ago, WatcherOfSky said:

But is the added versatility worth over tier 2 that costs 25 more power? Also in pve, you can already use multiple colors by switching out orbs, it just costs 100 power to do so. This card was more of a way to make a more practical way of doing it. Also, rather than saying how op it can be, costs can always be tweeked, this is just my first draft of the idea.

Hey, i did not mean to be rude or something. I had a very similar idea before and it would be the thing you made just as a nerved amii monument. What i write here is just my opinion and no offense to you. I simply imagined having this option in the game and immediately saw how much more powerful most of my decks would become. Versatility is very important to me, but not if it translates into raw power like this. People do switch orbs but you always have to consider losing the other element and permanetly losing power.

About versatility in this case: Here is what will happen in (for example) t1 if people get this card: They will simply combine the strongest cards of two factions..cards that are already being played most of the time. You will still see nomads mines shamans surge of light and homesoil windweavers motivate etc...just people will get double the power in a combo now. How many cards with more flexible orb requirements would this devaluate in the game? Ever thought about it from this perspective? If i wanted to invent new cards then i would maybe invent one that synergizes with existing cards which are never played. For example i would think if your shrine would make nox carrier a great and useful card to play again, then that would add some versatility.

Some cards add the possibility for a new metadeck and you can call this versatility, but for example look at all those batariel decks in every rpve and almost every expert campaign map. Sure, in theory enlightenment and amii monument add more versatility, but just look at the results they are bringing.

4 hours ago, shroomion said:

Hey, i did not mean to be rude or something. I had a very similar idea before and it would be the thing you made just as a nerved amii monument. What i write here is just my opinion and no offense to you. I simply imagined having this option in the game and immediately saw how much more powerful most of my decks would become. Versatility is very important to me, but not if it translates into raw power like this. People do switch orbs but you always have to consider losing the other element and permanetly losing power.

About versatility in this case: Here is what will happen in (for example) t1 if people get this card: They will simply combine the strongest cards of two factions..cards that are already being played most of the time. You will still see nomads mines shamans surge of light and homesoil windweavers motivate etc...just people will get double the power in a combo now. How many cards with more flexible orb requirements would this devaluate in the game? Ever thought about it from this perspective? If i wanted to invent new cards then i would maybe invent one that synergizes with existing cards which are never played. For example i would think if your shrine would make nox carrier a great and useful card to play again, then that would add some versatility.

Some cards add the possibility for a new metadeck and you can call this versatility, but for example look at all those batariel decks in every rpve and almost every expert campaign map. Sure, in theory enlightenment and amii monument add more versatility, but just look at the results they are bringing.

I don't necessarily agree unfortunately, but I don't see us ever coming to any consensus at this rate so I'll just agree to disagree if you will.

Also I had not taken any offense before if you were wondering. It's all a fair discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

While it's an interesting concept, it does sound overpowered, because it lets you splash while still playing pure faction cards. See this Harvester? Surge of Light. My Juggernaut has lifeweaving! And an Unholy Power. At T3! And here's his twin brother! Dreadnoughts and regrowth!

And the problems it would cause at T1 especially have been covered in the thread.

Maybe as a spell, a sort of mini-enlightenment? At least that way you have charges and cooldowns.