Patch #400024 - 19 January 2021

Ladadoos

Patch #400024

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies and Skyfolk,

with this patch we bring an end to the promotional code and booster discount from the shop which lasted from release until now. We also added a DND feature and slow-mode to public chat. Most of the remaining changes and bug fixes are minor as we are focusing more on the server with the sudden increase of players.

Event

• Removed promotional code PROM-OMOU-NTAI-NEER from the shop.
  • Ended 100BFP discount to all boosters in the shop.

General changes

• Added Do Not Disturb (DND). This can be toggled in the Contacts window in-game. When a player is in DND they don't receive any requests, cannot be whispered and cannot receive mails from other players.
    • More specifically, the requests they don't receive are:
      • Trade requests
      • Show deck requests
      • Request deck requests
      • Group invites

image.png

• Added slow-mode to public chat channels in-game. Players can now only send messages every 10 seconds. This does not apply to whispers.
  • Adjusted the description of some achievements in French.
  • Improved error messages received when purchasing a booster fails.
  • Added localization for the match desynchronization message.

General fixes

• Fixed error when certain characters were used to search for achievements by name in the achievements window.
  • Fixed map goals not updating when changing slots. They now change accordingly to reflect the goals of the player in that slot.

image.png

Post patch notes

• There seems to be an issue where slow-mode also applies to group/team/match channels. Until this is fixed, the slow-mode time has been decreased to 1 second.

• Ladadoos changed the title to Patch #400024 - 19 January 2021

Cannot receive mails from others?

That sounds a bit weird to me. Are mails "in a void" waiting for player to  be active again to receive notifications, or it's impossible to send ones?

What if I want to type a mail to a friend, do I get error notification "player busy, write mail later"? How does it relate to auction house?

Also you fixed mission objectives, awesome!

Edited by Dallarian

1 minute ago, Dallarian said:

Cannot receive mails from others?

That sounds a bit weird to me. Are mails "in a void" waiting for player to  be active again to receive notifications, or it's impossible to send ones?

What if I want to type a mail to a friend, do I get error notification "player busy, write mail later"? How does it relate to auction house?

When a player has DND on they cannot receive in-game mails from other players. Whenever a player tries to send them a mail they indeed receive a "Player is busy" message. If a player has DND enabled they can still receive mails from the auction house or the quests/achievements for example.

Noooooo
I was collecting BFP this entire time for a buying 100 booster packs and opening them at once YT video >.<
Anything we can do? :((

edit: didn't even know it was a promotion. did not know about the promotion code either
very sad

Edited by Jazzter

Also didnt know anything about the a promotional code and that the Booster packs had a reduced price. Would have been nice if there would have been a hint somewhere in the game or prominentaly at the starting site of the forum about these things.

I'm not sure how much data gathered during the discounted period, but would it be really bad for the economy to keep the discount permament ?

A 1 month period is like a new norm,not a small bonus and many people got used to it and currently feeling "robbed" when it is gone

I do not intend to cry about it, have most of the cards already just curious

Imagine how much we  would have needed to pay in old BF to get a booster plus some bfp EACH day. Collecting and upgrading a full collection, plus charging all core cards took me around 6 months in Beta. W/o any card flipping or doing other traders stuff. 

I assume we will see the first complete collections that are fully charged in less then a year. Imo seen on the long term we get too much loot now. Prolly this makes not everybody glad, but my humble opinion.  

Edit: Regarding to the first sentence, does someone remember by chance that prices back in EA times? IIRC the cheapest Booster was still a few Bucks. Was it around 4-5€?

Edited by Volin

Just now, Toggy said:

There was not only a hint but a full description at the "news" page ingame plus several promotions via stream, chat, forum and discord.

never checked any updates before because I simply wanted to play. didnt expect there to be freebies, price changes and other major updates

1 hour ago, Rankerz said:

I'm not sure how much data gathered during the discounted period, but would it be really bad for the economy to keep the discount permament ?

A 1 month period is like a new norm,not a small bonus and many people got used to it and currently feeling "robbed" when it is gone

I do not intend to cry about it, have most of the cards already just curious

not only bad for the economy and also for the game ,if we get all the cards within less than 3 months game will start becoming boring.

I think this is a great change to remove the perma booster discount. People now have to wait for events to buy boosters or buy them for THE ORIGINAL PRICE. There were way too much boosters and promos already so yeah make the game a bit harder and i mean they have to THINK now whethere they buy a booster or wait few days to buy the actual card. Very nice.

1 hour ago, werty said:

not only bad for the economy and also for the game ,if we get all the cards within less than 3 months game will start becoming boring.

I agree with this. Sure it can feel grindy but Battleforge is a game that you should be able to Play over a Long time, so it would be boring imo if you could get everything in a few months. I also don't have that much time to Play it but I also don't plan to have 10 perfect decks in a 3 months.

But they could for example do Weekend events where Boosters are cheaper or where you can earn more Points.

11 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

When a player has DND on they cannot receive in-game mails from other players. Whenever a player tries to send them a mail they indeed receive a "Player is busy" message. If a player has DND enabled they can still receive mails from the auction house or the quests/achievements for example.

Is this enforced by the engine or by explicit decision? I find this strange behavior, as I would consider mails usually async, therefore DND should not influence that imo. OTOH I know that this was requested by some people as they were spammed with mails, but I am not sure if this should impact how the system works in general (or maybe this should be fixed in another place, e.g. increasing mail limit?)

1 hour ago, Shankzalot said:

Wish I knew about the promo mountaineer :/

Also, why not just mail everyone a copy of mountaineer, instead of a promo that some of us missed?

The code was PROM OMOU NTAI NEER, however it contained Promo Snapjaws. There is no Promo version of Mountaineer yet in the game.

On 1/19/2021 at 11:59 AM, Jazzter said:

never checked any updates before because I simply wanted to play. didnt expect there to be freebies, price changes and other major updates

Thats all fine and all, but the info was out there. If you cant be bothered to check the news page or the other communication channels that mentioned it (and also the ingame chat had a lot of people asking when the booster discounts would end) its not really a matter of non-communication from the team. 

• Zyna unfeatured and unpinned this topic