instaling

SparkHawk

Alright then. I will forward this to the setup developer.

Even though the setup doesn't work for you, you can still install the game manually. You probably already downloaded the Battleforge.7z archive. If not, do so please. Otherwise the installer also wouldn't have worked. Manually extract it to a directory of your liking, but exclude read-only directories (for non admin users) like "Program Files" and such. So simply use a subdirectory of your C: drive or another partition.
Check the download thread again then. You can find a direct download of the Updater in there (don't want to share the link here to not force dead links when we change something there). Extract this Updater package into the same directory where you extracted the client.

If you've done all these steps, execute the SkylordsRebornUpdater and you should be good to go.

12 hours ago, Aviat0r said:

Alright then. I will forward this to the setup developer.

Even though the setup doesn't work for you, you can still install the game manually. You probably already downloaded the Battleforge.7z archive. If not, do so please. Otherwise the installer also wouldn't have worked. Manually extract it to a directory of your liking, but exclude read-only directories (for non admin users) like "Program Files" and such. So simply use a subdirectory of your C: drive or another partition.
Check the download thread again then. You can find a direct download of the Updater in there (don't want to share the link here to not force dead links when we change something there). Extract this Updater package into the same directory where you extracted the client.

If you've done all these steps, execute the SkylordsRebornUpdater and you should be good to go.

I’m kind of too stupid. Could you explain the steps to me a little more detail?

Thank you in advance

18 minutes ago, Lordakius said:

You need two archives, BattleForge.7z and SkylordsRebornUpdater.zip. Unpack both into a directory (according to Aviat0r C:\Skylords should work fine), then run SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe and it should run

How get I theSkylordsRebornUpdater.zip?

check the part about Linux/OSX, one of the links should be the updater

OT: @Aviat0r maybe it is a good idea to put all the links together at the top in the install-thread? then they are much easier to find (at the same time i should probably ask Zyna to do it rather than you, but i already typed it ... #lazy)

Edited by Lordakius
:%s/Ultrakool/Zyna/g
SparkHawk likes this

45 minutes ago, Lordakius said:

check the part about Linux/OSX, one of the links should be the updater

OT: @Aviat0r maybe it is a good idea to put all the links together at the top in the install-thread? then they are much easier to find (at the same time i should probably ask Zyna to do it rather than you, but i already typed it ... #lazy)

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

well, now unpack both into the directory ^^

its important to have the updater files also in your 'SkylordsReborn' directory. Take a look here: (have in mind that this in not on Windows, so some files e.g. everything with dxvk, will not be on your installation -- also iirc running the Updater the first time will change this directory)

bf_directory.png

1 hour ago, Lordakius said:

well, now unpack both into the directory ^^

its important to have the updater files also in your 'SkylordsReborn' directory. Take a look here: (have in mind that this in not on Windows, so some files e.g. everything with dxvk, will not be on your installation -- also iirc running the Updater the first time will change this directory)

bf_directory.png

So all files are in one folder, but I get the same message when I want to start the SkylordRebornUpdater.

6.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

You seem to use a 32-bit version of Windows 7. The installer currently has a problem with that. We're currently implementing a fix for it. The only solution you have is to manually install the game and prerequisites. You can find all needed information in the download topic. If you still have problems installing the game, feel free to ask here again.