Treim's Battleground/rPVE Speedrun Guide

Nature start with fountain of rebirth + healing spell and roots can be a good start t1 for a supporting position for bg 10 4er. :)

its good to have that on random maps when you dont really know what happens to have a bit more safety, however in speedruns nature just dont have the offensive power that fire has, thatfor fire > nature in speedruns ;). I agree though that it can help in normal rPVE matches :)

hmm still it depends, my friend. :)

Also in certain even motm maps it can be a speedrun option as mark of the keeper defends then incoming.

But this would be a discussion on a high level, which noone despite us would really care about it,

If battleforge will be reborn, we can try then that, with one green if you are faster, or just 3 fire....:)

Time will tell then

Edited by SirTegetoff

hmm still it depends, my friend. :)

Also in certain even motm maps it can be a speedrun option as mark of the keeper defends then incoming.

But this would be a discussion on a high level, which noone despite us would really care about it,

If battleforge will be reborn, we can try then that, with one green if you are faster, or just 3 fire....:)

Time will tell then

you can pretty much defend every income to t1 with a mine and 2 sunstriders. Unless that income pulls the hole base. But thats so rare that its not really relevant.

Edited by Treim

My point is that a challenge: if battleforge returns, motm map, me with players and one with nature faster than you with your group without nature... probably I will lose...

but month after month that challenge will be "reborn". :)

And no, heavy incomming with mine and 2 sunstriders wont do it.

Mark of the keeper is a nice thing for t1 and t4 to stop incommings

My point is that a challenge: if battleforge returns, motm map, me with players and one with nature faster than you with your group without nature... probably I will lose...

but month after month that challenge will be "reborn". :)

And no, heavy incomming with mine and 2 sunstriders wont do it.

Mark of the keeper is a nice thing for t1 and t4 to stop incommings

strongest income that you can get on outer positions are treefiends,1 squad and 1 lost dancer. i guarantee you that you can do it with 2 sunstriders and a mine.

strongest income that you can get on outer positions are treefiends,1 squad and 1 lost dancer. i guarantee you that you can do it with 2 sunstriders and a mine.

As I said, I will probably lose it, but maby a map will come, my group will be faster with one nature t1 than youirs. Better the rest to our private conversation.

That is not a thing at least as far as i know.
Spawns can however pull the whole base if they are attacking you and close enough to the next base. That is pretty common even from t2 to t3.
About 80-90% close bases are not actually in aggro range of your t2 by themselves. Only when the spawn comes and attacks is the base pulled as well. That's when trapping incomes actually becomes an important technique to know. It is overall all about aggro ranges from my experience at least.
If you pull the next base after the 3rd spawn that probably simply means that they are slightly closer to the next base  and that aggroes everything else. Especially artillery range units like Bandit Snipers can become a nightmare in that case.

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, Buddelmuddel said:

So in your first picture. When you manage to attack camp 4, without that the camps 1,2,3 and 5 noticed you. Will 2,3 and 5 then start spawning and move towards your base?

Yes, thats how it works.

• 4 months later...

Awesome man, people like you are important: people that thrive to share experience and knowledge with the community. Is your guide finished now? Because you said you'd want to add more?

Just the spawn mechanics alone are very interesting. Makes me wonder how much more complex the game and challenges would have become with different scripts.  As these rPvE rules are very simple haha.

Guys keep in mind this is posted for speedrunning, normal clears don't neeed as much attention. Maybe worth to post a noob guide for normal clears myself, we'll see. For now I'll update my friend's knowledge.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:40 PM, xs0ulLess said:

Awesome man, people like you are important: people that thrive to share experience and knowledge with the community. Is your guide finished now? Because you said you'd want to add more?

Just the spawn mechanics alone are very interesting. Makes me wonder how much more complex the game and challenges would have become with different scripts.  As these rPvE rules are very simple haha.

Guys keep in mind this is posted for speedrunning, normal clears don't neeed as much attention. Maybe worth to post a noob guide for normal clears myself, we'll see. For now I'll update my friend's knowledge.

The guide will stay as is for the foreseeable future as I do not plan on updating this any further. 

The speedrun meta has evolved over time though, so technically an update would be necassary. Also I am not sure how good the section in regards to pathing and task management for especially 4 Player maps is explained. That is probably the section where one could add a bunch of paragraphs and examples. 

I guess one could also go into how to develop and refine and perfect strategies for these maps in more detail. I think examples or a documentation of this process would be especially helpful here.

As I mentioned though I am currently not interested in doing that. I am not the only experienced speedrunner in the community though.

For some reason the images in the initial post just ceased to exist (no clue why, when, how?!?).
Please use the link provided at the END of the original post to access dropbox where a .pdf document with the whole guide is provided.

Edited by Treim
Metagross31 likes this