Choosing Daily Missions - Tired of the chores

Gnougnou

8 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

You have to read the quests completely: It aleays says "difficulty 5 OR HIGHER" and "Advanced OR HIGHER"

I think you need to read the thread completely. The point is that I have no reason nor interest in redoing a mission in whatever difficulty now that I have finished the game in Exepert. So instead of doing things I like, I have to do my dailies in the easiest possible setting to get rid of it ASAP so I can finally do what I wanted to do when I started the game, and have some BF to buy cards.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:13 AM, Gnougnou said:

I'm not asking devs to remove the quests. We're asking to be able to earn BF on our intended gamestyle. While I agree that there is no rush, having quests that force you to spam cards on 5/10, or do mission on advanced that you already did in Expert is pretty pointless, irritating at best.

Hell, I once had a quest asking me to spawn 12000 worth of power... What I did is play a 5/10 map with Resource Booster, Juice Tank, Furnace of Flesh, Decomposer, Breeding Grounds Offering, Rifle Cultists, Ravenheart, Mo and other T4 units. I sat there for 15mn building T4 units, killing them, offering a Rifle Cultists, rince & repeat. The fun was off the chart :mellow:...

You don't have to comlpete the 12000 power in one game .. neither do you have to do it in a rpve5. You can just play the content you want to play and get the quest done, just like you want.
If you want to complete it as fast as possible, i can understand that it feels like a chore. Maybe changing the playstyle a tiny bit could also bring the wanted rewards.

For the quests with play X cards of Y color you dont have to do level 5rPVE either ... you could adjust your T1 for that color and complete it over 3 runs, for example.

I personally don't mind quests on campaign maps as there are upgrades to be gained in all of them so there actually is another reward, other than the BFP.  But if you don't like campaign maps i understand that and multiple rerolls would be a good comprimise for that imo.

for my personal taste i dont think the quests need to be changed.

so long...

7 hours ago, Ilumivari said:

You don't have to comlpete the 12000 power in one game .. neither do you have to do it in a rpve5. You can just play the content you want to play and get the quest done, just like you want.
If you want to complete it as fast as possible, i can understand that it feels like a chore. Maybe changing the playstyle a tiny bit could also bring the wanted rewards.

Maybve I should have been a little bit more specific. The reason I did that is because I initially had a quest to do Nightmare Shard in advanced, which I thought I would do later after doing other stuff. Eventually, after couple games, I realized I had 0 motivation to do those maps that gave me PTSD in Expert, so I just rerolled the quest and got the 12'000 power one. If I had rerolled first, I sure could have done that more easily. Still, I don't think we spend that much power per game, so spamming was easier.

Edited by Gnougnou

Better suggestion.

Allow people to pick their dailies, but commonly picked dailies get -5 to total BFP (70 instead of 75), while low percentage ones get +10/20 (95). To get people doing stuff on advanced/expert (blight would be an good example of an instant reroll.)

Random quests from PvE pool promote all game modes (...).

You have 3 days to finish a daily quest and many quests overlap, so completion of them should not be a problem unless it is "play specified map". With minor budget management (having 75 BFPs in advance, for example drained from reserve) allow you to keep buying boosters and other things.

However, if for any reason someone would like to reroll their quest to complete it quickly, or do not feel like doing this particular one, I believe it should be possible to reroll quests indefinitely. It's one of foundations of BFP income, and in MMORPG if I dislike one XP spot / it's busy / something happened, I have freedom to go to another, because there are usually 3-5 other locations available. I believe similarly it should be in Skylords Reborn.

Volin and Loriens like this

I really just don't like the current daily implementation at all, personally. I'm not going to play Nightmare Shard on expert, and I'm not excited to play some 4p map with an easy fail requirement if allies can't be bothered to follow instructions. Multi-rerolls would make it SOMEWHAT less annoying, but I'd be a lot happier if the daily quest BFP got moved into the 45min playtime BFP, or at least the specific-map quests were nuked. I can live with the boring ones like 12k power or 40 spells, at least those happen over time while I play maps I actually want to play, and don't penalize my BFP income via reroll tax.

You *could* argue that the argument "adjusting your playstyle" is actually something that is more common in bf.
At least on higher difficulties.
I don't believe that most people here do expert map xyz and rpve 10 with the same deck they'd do advanced map or expert map zyx or pvp.
If you've spent hours in the game perfecting one specific deck capable of doing any difficulty, then there's no point in playing except for the fun of playing anyway.

But yeah, still think that a wider form of diversity in this regard would be more suitable.
The game already lacks content by itself, the achievement and dailies push that a bit further, so adding up on any base is welcome in my eyes.

Edited by Darcurse
just because

I'm just relaying what Ladadoos (dev) and LEBOVIM both said on discord, in the questions channel a few days ago, shouldn't be too hard to find. Max rank 20, expert dailies unlock at 17. I'm not commenting on how long it'll take to get there, it sounded like it'd be a ways away, just using it as further reasons why I loathe the current setup. Existing dailies requiring Advanced is already obnoxious enough if it rolls a teamwork-required multiplayer map, Expert just guarantees I'm stuck losing BFP to reroll it.