Choosing Daily Missions - Tired of the chores

Gnougnou

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know what you think of being able to manually choose your daily missions ?

Today for instance, I wanted to try some new decks in solo rPVE, only to find that my daily quests are :

Quests.jpg.b4f047f571ea13f7ecd8732551118fb1.jpg

As I'm pretty new (not to the game, but to this rebirth), I need those BF, so guess what I'm not doing tonight ? That's right, not what I wanted to do. Instead, I'll go and do the chores :

• Defending Hope, which I already did in Expert. Thanks for the waste of time.
  • Try and find another player that has the same chores as I do to do The Insane God in Advanced.

Yes, I can reroll, but am I not gonna lose 5 BF per missions ? And what if I end up with another stupid mission like "Spawning X shadow cards" while I have no Shadow deck ? Yes, I can go on a 5/10, spam units like we all do, but, where is the fun ? What is the point beside being annoying and burning your gametime ?

I just don't understand the whole concept of random missions, at all. As anyone ever launched the game and been like "Oh I can't wait to see what my missions are ! This is gonna be so much fun !" ? Every. Damn. Time. I start the game, I just HOPE that I'm gonna have either really easy tasks to quickly get it done, or stuff that lines up with what I expected to do with my gametime on Battleforge.

Bad luck ? Too bad ! Here is -10 BF for not doing your daily chores. Luck harder next time !

I cannot be the only one bothered by that, can I ? Why not letting people do whatever they wanna do with their evening on the game ? Those missions are a really important part of the BF income, which is even more important when you start. If they were 10BF I would probably ignore missions like that, but this is way too much to be left undone. So here I am, doing missions against my will.

/rant.

Anyway, let me know what you think ! :D

EDIT :

IDEA 1 : ROLLING SNAKE EYES.

Being able to reroll more than once.

IDEA 2 : TRADE MONEY FOR FREEDOM.

Being able to choose the mission, or select "Randomize Quests". Quests manually selected will bring less BF than randomized quests (60 vs 75 for instance).

The idea is that by pressing "Randomize Quests", you agree to the rules that you might have terrible quests (that shouldn't exist, but we all know it does), or very simple tasks : It is following the same principal as Boosters, where you could sink your BF or be very lucky.
On the other hand, selecting your quests is much like the market where you can select which card you want to buy. Less risk, less reward, but less burnt playtime for completing quests miles away from your intended playtime (ex : having mission quests while wanting to do rPVE ; having to complete rPVE and missions while wanting to do mission only, etc...).

Alternatively, allow people to pick their dailies, but commonly picked dailies get -5 to total BFP (70 instead of 75), while low percentage ones get +10/20 (95). To get people doing stuff on advanced/expert (blight would be an good example of an instant reroll.)

IDEA 3 : MISSION BOOST.

A pool of BF is shared between daily missions and playtime. Doing the daily missions greatly accelerates how fast you drain that pool. If you don't feel like doing the dailies, you can still play normally (but virtually longer) to drain the pool.

IDEA 4 : LESS SPECIFIC MISSIONS.

All specific missions (such as playing a specific map or specific kind of deck) are totally removed. Only generic missions (play rPVE, open chests, etc...) are kept.

Edited by Gnougnou
Totylcf likes this

Well, noone actively forces you to do them. The fact that yhey accumulate for a few days makes it even so, that if you want to do rPvE today, you can go ahead and do it and maybe do them another day without loosing anything.

In fact, the whole system with different types of dailies has been put in place to bring you a bit out of your comfort zone and encourage you to play different maps, if you want to maximize the amount of BFP earned.

Loriens and Sebu like this

2 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

Well, noone actively forces you to do them.

No one is forcing me to wake up in the morning to go to work either. Too bad I kind of need that since it's a huge part of my income !

2 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

to bring you a bit out of your comfort zone and encourage you to play different maps, if you want to maximize the amount of BFP earned.

Why would I need to get out of my comfort zone in a game like that ? There are plenty of hardcore games to do that, I don't think being annoyed and forced to do tasks I don't wanna do is getting me out of my comfort zone. I already plan in doing a shadow deck for instance, and to do the game in expert. And don't get me wrong, the reason I wanna try shadow is not because I've been forced, again and again, to spawn 50ish cards in a 5/10. It's because I've played expert mission and 10/10 willingly and seen that they have some cool options. Also reading a lot of https://allcards.skylords.eu/. Forcing people to do something to get them out of their comfort zone is arguably one of the best way to make sure they will never ever do that thing again on their own unless forced again.

And as for the mission, I'm sorry but since I did that mission in expert already, where am I getting out of my comfort zone in redoing the same mission again, in the easiest setup possible allowed by the game so I can get it done as fast as I can ? Maybe I could have selected manually a specific mission to do in expert since this is what I plan to do anyway ?

And after I'm done with expert missions that I would have selected manually ? I'll proabaly go into PVP, and maybe someday we will have a defensive rPVE and I'll enjoy that too, and select my daily accordingly.

See, I don't mind achievement sometimes asking you to do weird stuff, but dailies that are a big part of your income, and random ? Please no. I wanna have fun, not do chores again. If this was gold reward, I would completely ignore those missions everyday and do whatever I like to do.

Edited by Gnougnou
anonyme0273 likes this

This is exactly what I'm trying to get through. The quests should motivate you to play the game more but they're often the exact opposite for me. Going through maps or colors I dislike in order to get currency feels terrible. I can't even reroll more than once. I should be able to pick the mode I prefer and get the quests done there.

Guys having played a lot of games for a lot of years i can feel you in all honesty. But lets be real thats what dailies in every game feel like. And i am not talking about the start or mid game when you actively enjoy or dont mind having to do that stuff for the rewards, i mean the mid/late late game when they become what their names is... dailies.

If you have any game that dailies are not a chore anymore after you do them for weeks then pls reccomend it to have a look at what that game does that dont make their dailies feel like something that 'forces' you to do them. Also what would you reccomend in place of what we have now? Having a lot of different quests makes it that you will enjoy some and dont enjoy some. Having too few quests is the same with the exception you might have the same repeatable quests more often. Choosing what you want to do exactly well then lets dismantle the qhole quests idea and have everyone get 150 bfp daily in their inbox. 

Some days you will get lucky and have good q's, some other day not so much and then on a few days like the fellow who made this post. Any new ideas highly appreciated 

41 minutes ago, RayG said:

Guys having played a lot of games for a lot of years i can feel you in all honesty. But lets be real thats what dailies in every game feel like. And i am not talking about the start or mid game when you actively enjoy or dont mind having to do that stuff for the rewards, i mean the mid/late late game when they become what their names is... dailies.

If you have any game that dailies are not a chore anymore after you do them for weeks then pls reccomend it to have a look at what that game does that dont make their dailies feel like something that 'forces' you to do them. Also what would you reccomend in place of what we have now? Having a lot of different quests makes it that you will enjoy some and dont enjoy some. Having too few quests is the same with the exception you might have the same repeatable quests more often. Choosing what you want to do exactly well then lets dismantle the qhole quests idea and have everyone get 150 bfp daily in their inbox. 

Some days you will get lucky and have good q's, some other day not so much and then on a few days like the fellow who made this post. Any new ideas highly appreciated 

The whole existence of dailies is inherently flawed in a game such as Battleforge in my opinion. Daily quests were put in to encourage gameplay and the sake of having dailies. But if there were no dailies and instead I was given the extra bfp for spending time in ANY map I'd be having fun 100% of the time.

What they stand for are redundant and the same could be achieved by simple game time.

6 hours ago, Demiron said:

What they stand for are redundant and the same could be achieved by simple game time.

But you have game time. 400 possible bpf to be earned daily by simply playing whatever mode, howerver you like. Having quests is just a bonus. 

You can choose not to do them. And i mean not today, you can totally wait for tomorrow and get either new ones to get them stacked or a new reroll. And about those 5 bfp you gonna lose, well that is the toll. You can skip doing quests if you dislike the whole mechanic altogether, no one is forcing you to do them. 

But to remove the whole system and simply get the bfp, when you already have the bfp over time mechanic, you already have basically free upgrades with gold and you have free max leveled decks for your pvp. Well lets give everyone every card and be done with it, i already think game is way too generous and all i see in the forum now that the game is released is people trying to downgrade it even more with more and more free stuff.

Lordakius likes this

3 minutes ago, RayG said:

But you have game time. 400 possible bpf to be earned daily by simply playing whatever mode, howerver you like. Having quests is just a bonus. 

image.png.b8337372159697fbc87f03196519620d.png

I don't know if you did that achievement to get below 25BF in the reserve, but oh god no I'm not doing that again, unless not on purpose while tryharding a mission in Expert.

I do agree that putting everything in playtime is not necessarily the best option (although I don't see why not, beside saying "it's too easy", which, as we established, translate more into "it's not annoying enough"), but I maintain that there is probably 0 downside as to let people chose their dailies. The whole "getting out of your comfort zone" is straight out from some HR bullsh*t that should stay far away from this kind of game. People are here to have fun, and will naturally progress if given the opportunity.

Point in case : I'm doing the whole game in Expert because of 2 things :

• The good feeling of finishing a game.
  • The achievement that gives boosters.

And I plan on trying PVP soon. Back in the Beta where you couldn't chose the range of dailies, I would just skip all PVP missions. All of them. Just let me play as I want, I'll try stuff, give me time :D.

Well you do what you feel better doing. But to sum it up doing quests is on you. No one will tell you to do them mandatory and if you dont feel like doing them, well dont. 

Just the same as your boss telling you to do some hours paid overtime at work if you want, you can do it and get more money or not and simply go do whatever you want after your work hours are done. Everyone has different types of 'what is fun', if you dont like something dont do it or suggest a better option to replace it. 

7 minutes ago, RayG said:

Well you do what you feel better doing. But to sum it up doing quests is on you. No one will tell you to do them mandatory and if you dont feel like doing them, well dont. 

Just the same as your boss telling you to do some hours paid overtime at work if you want, you can do it and get more money or not and simply go do whatever you want after your work hours are done.

Daily missions represent 150BF, which means that even if you drain all your reserve, it's still 27% of your daily income. If you're late game or you just wanted to do one deck and that's it, you're fine, you can just ignore them. But if you want to play and progress, doing those missions is necessary. I would love some statistics on how much people drain per day from their reserve, but I assume we rarely go below 100 or so, which brings us to a daily mission income of 33%. That's 1/3 of your income gone because you refused to do annoying overtime ? Well I'm glad my boss isn't like this !

13 minutes ago, RayG said:

if you dont like something dont do it or suggest a better option to replace it. 

I did. You get to chose which daily missions you want. We can still have a "Random missions" button, but let's be honest, given the opportunity, who's gonna pick that ? If we had such a system, and people would all pick random missions, I would STFU. But I'll bet 1000BF that less than 5% of the players will pick random missions.

The only reason people would take random missions is if they give more BF (or choosing your missions gives less, whatever). In this case, it's a risk VS reward, like boosters, and you willingly accepted the rules that you might have trash missions, just like you can have trash boosters. It's win win, everyone is happy. Nobody blamed anyone for paying 250BF and getting a Promo card right ? So I expect nobody will ever complain that random quests give you a bit more than cherry picking your missions.

In that case i can only assume that choosing your own quests would each give you lets say 50bfp. Since its basically free bfp cause you gonna pick whatever doesnt make you not go out of your way and you can earn while playing however you like.

Still i am against this, i already stated that game is way too much easy already and doing stuff like this only dumbs it down even more. You can have a "too much player friendly" situation which i feel would only work against the game longtime. Seen it in a few others as well, try to make it easier and easier and easier until you dont even have to try basically and then games population dies out. Same as i did quited and never looked back at them.

Almost 1/3 of the posts i see now in the forum in some form just proves my upper point right. "I dont like this so change it", " This takes 15m and i wanna do it in 5m", "This would make me do something i dont like for 20m and i hate it", "Achievement is too hard for me so remove it". There is real feedback and personal opinions that dont have any actual basis. 

And in the end, yes we have that option to have a real community-developer relationship but that doesnt mean that everyone gets to change everything however they see fit for themselves only. Cause the more we focus on that the less time they get to develop new stuff. And i dont think anyone would prefer to sit and rework the quests for example cause you cant afford 15m to do something you might not like or reroll (but no those 5 bfp loss will bring the apocalypse) instead of working on the so much anticipated new cards, like the shadow/nature deck that we never saw in the old BF.

Metagross31 likes this

3 hours ago, RayG said:

In that case i can only assume that choosing your own quests would each give you lets say 50bfp. Since its basically free bfp cause you gonna pick whatever doesnt make you not go out of your way and you can earn while playing however you like.

Still i am against this, i already stated that game is way too much easy already and doing stuff like this only dumbs it down even more. You can have a "too much player friendly" situation which i feel would only work against the game longtime. Seen it in a few others as well, try to make it easier and easier and easier until you dont even have to try basically and then games population dies out. Same as i did quited and never looked back at them.

Almost 1/3 of the posts i see now in the forum in some form just proves my upper point right. "I dont like this so change it", " This takes 15m and i wanna do it in 5m", "This would make me do something i dont like for 20m and i hate it", "Achievement is too hard for me so remove it". There is real feedback and personal opinions that dont have any actual basis. 

And in the end, yes we have that option to have a real community-developer relationship but that doesnt mean that everyone gets to change everything however they see fit for themselves only. Cause the more we focus on that the less time they get to develop new stuff. And i dont think anyone would prefer to sit and rework the quests for example cause you cant afford 15m to do something you might not like or reroll (but no those 5 bfp loss will bring the apocalypse) instead of working on the so much anticipated new cards, like the shadow/nature deck that we never saw in the old BF.

You've set some kind of parallel in your mind that anything too easy or not annoying enough means the game's eventual death. That one should feel some kind of accomplishment when doing these quests. You're wrong. It's the unnecessary, time-consuming things that make everything worse, there's absolutely no logical explanation as to why I shouldn't earn the same bfp in the map or mode of my choice instead of doing pretentious things like wasting my time with chores. You know, so I wouldn't have to go through 30 minutes of doing things I don't like to get to the actual fun part. And let's skip the 'it's all optional part', we all know it's not true at this point, if you want to stay even slighty relevant in this game you will have to do all your dailies.

And yes, for those who work 12 hours a day, have children or any other obligation even a 10 minute difference counts. 

8 hours ago, Demiron said:

And yes, for those who work 12 hours a day, have children or any other obligation even a 10 minute difference counts. 

So that supposed dude who works half a day, needs 8 hours of sleep, needs to eat and spend time with his family so he is propably left with an hour and lets say he spends it whole on Battleforge for a reason, and on top of that requires to stay relevant at the game, he cant reroll a quest he doesnt want? Or dont do them for that day and wait the next to eventually get the ones he can and simply reroll again the yesterdays ones? Thats 2 solutions right there for your man. Come on the working man excuse is old, simply admit you dont like the system yourself and lets end the discussion here. Also, if you think getting 150 bfp after you do the quests doesnt give a sense of accomplishment well no point in me trying to discuss it, waste of breath at this point.  

And what does relevant mean in BF? This isnt mmorpg or anything of its sorts, there is no relevant player. You can take your time or you can go fast that is on you, deck 0 can even easily play advanced with other dudes. Only 'relevant' players are the competitive ones and pls dont joke the 'working man' will want to hit those ladderboards. BF doesnt force you to keep up on something it has that uniqueness yet you wanna throw it out the window. Should we also add an extra option for the 12h working man to have every achievement automatically accomplished so he doesnt feel forced to spend time actually playing to achieve them?  

6 minutes ago, RayG said:

So that supposed dude who works half a day, needs 8 hours of sleep, needs to eat and spend time with his family so he is propably left with an hour and lets say he spends it whole on Battleforge for a reason, and on top of that requires to stay relevant at the game, he cant reroll a quest he doesnt want? Or dont do them for that day and wait the next to eventually get the ones he can and simply reroll again the yesterdays ones? Thats 2 solutions right there for your man. Come on the working man excuse is old, simply admit you dont like the system yourself and lets end the discussion here. Also, if you think getting 150 bfp after you do the quests doesnt give a sense of accomplishment well no point in me trying to discuss it, waste of breath at this point.  

And what does relevant mean in BF? This isnt mmorpg or anything of its sorts, there is no relevant player. You can take your time or you can go fast that is on you, deck 0 can even easily play advanced with other dudes. Only 'relevant' players are the competitive ones and pls dont joke the 'working man' will want to hit those ladderboards. BF doesnt force you to keep up on something it has that uniqueness yet you wanna throw it out the window. Should we also add an extra option for the 12h working man to have every achievement automatically accomplished so he doesnt feel forced to spend time actually playing to achieve them?  

You can't reroll your dailies more than once as far as I know. I sure can't.

Could we get a way to reroll a quest more than one time? I mean to reroll the quest the next day.

I got this quest and I'm not into campagne atm. (picture translation: Soul tree profi or expert)

image.png.aad4c62be34077ae3bcb00cc7d63770f.png

I dont play campaigns at all, about half my quest are now campaign quest that i cant reroll. I just gave up on these bfps incomes. But I did suggest this already in my thread.

Edit:

Since the posts were merged, and the one post was more ranting than the other, I rewrite my post a bit:

I think the daily quests are decent. I would like to have a quest option just for rpve since i play nothing else. But all in all, if you wait till you have 7 quests and if you reroll all until you have just campaings quest left. then you play 2 campaigns and you get about 300 bfps for it, its decent. I still would prefer to play rpve, but one day i would have wanted to see how many players are on each map anyways, so i would have to play them once anyways.

The 3 campaings that are a bit similar to rpve are blight, passage to darkness and ascension map 3, so these are the ones i do play sometimes, in case some campaings needed to be added in the rpve section.

Edited by Buddelmuddel

Yo what about removing quests? Who will be the first crying? Those guys who cry for easy bfp. You dont have enough time to do all the quests? Wow just dont do them then. The game is alive theres no rush if you play it for fun then why the constant crying about quests which are a comple new additions to the Game. Enjoy it ffs. We have been waiting for the game to be playable for yeeeears and finally i can enjoy it. But there are ppl always hating additions which makes the game more playable.

Metagross31 and Loriens like this

12 hours ago, Bkingn said:

Yo what about removing quests? Who will be the first crying? Those guys who cry for easy bfp. You dont have enough time to do all the quests? Wow just dont do them then. The game is alive theres no rush if you play it for fun then why the constant crying about quests which are a comple new additions to the Game. Enjoy it ffs. We have been waiting for the game to be playable for yeeeears and finally i can enjoy it. But there are ppl always hating additions which makes the game more playable.

I'm not asking devs to remove the quests. We're asking to be able to earn BF on our intended gamestyle. While I agree that there is no rush, having quests that force you to spam cards on 5/10, or do mission on advanced that you already did in Expert is pretty pointless, irritating at best.

Hell, I once had a quest asking me to spawn 12000 worth of power... What I did is play a 5/10 map with Resource Booster, Juice Tank, Furnace of Flesh, Decomposer, Breeding Grounds Offering, Rifle Cultists, Ravenheart, Mo and other T4 units. I sat there for 15mn building T4 units, killing them, offering a Rifle Cultists, rince & repeat. The fun was off the chart :mellow:...

Edited by Gnougnou
Demiron likes this

8 hours ago, Gnougnou said:

I'm not asking devs to remove the quests. We're asking to be able to earn BF on our intended gamestyle. While I agree that there is no rush, having quests that force you to spam cards on 5/10, or do mission on advanced that you already did in Expert is pretty pointless, irritating at best.

Hell, I once had a quest asking me to spawn 12000 worth of power... What I did is play a 5/10 map with Resource Booster, Juice Tank, Furnace of Flesh, Decomposer, Breeding Grounds Offering, Rifle Cultists, Ravenheart, Mo and other T4 units. I sat there for 15mn building T4 units, killing them, offering a Rifle Cultists, rince & repeat. The fun was off the chart :mellow:...

You have to read the quests completely: It aleays says "difficulty 5 OR HIGHER" and "Advanced OR HIGHER"

9 hours ago, Gnougnou said:

I'm not asking devs to remove the quests. We're asking to be able to earn BF on our intended gamestyle.

Removing daily quests is the easiest way to accomplish that. So, if you're not, I'm asking: Please kill the frustrating, pointless daylies - I've never seen a single game that got better by including daylies and I hate them with a passion for exactly the reasons OP mentioned. Either I adapt my playstyle to the daylies, then I'm not having fun, or I don't, then I'm wasting BFP. Except the situations where a daily asks me to do what I'd do anyways. There is no good choice to be made here, just the lesser of two evils. In the best case the daylies are not having any influence on my games at all. To me, that looks like bad game design.

Additionally, daylies can be harmful for completely unrelated players - I, for example, am not playing the campaign much (except for a few missions I happen to like), so I got very little experience and just suck. Whenever I attempt to do a multiplayer campaign map for a daily, someone is stuck with an inexperienced player that doesn't know what to do.

Just increase the BFP pool for regular playtime accordingly. 

If you absolutely want to have daylies, make them share the same BFP pool then the regular playtime - this way you could choose how to farm BFP, with daylies as an option to speed up the process, but not strictly neccessary.

Demiron and Cryswar like this