Launcher is hanging on

Bruno18

Hello,

at first concratulation that you and your teammates were able to fix the server-problems of the beta, and now to the release  of the game. I have some look on your game during the open beta phase and i had no problems with logging in the game. But now, when i try to log in, nothing happens. At the moment when i click on Login (after insterting Email and password) the launcher is hanging on and nothing happens. When i go to thask manager - it shows no response. I tried out all your suggestions form you technical support tread ("Need Help? Check this thread first! (Client/Updater Troubleshooting") but the problem still appears every time when i click on "Login".   The Ivent history in Windows shows allways a 1002 error (Application hang). I hope you can help.

Can you try to remove the settings file MyDocuments\BattleForge\config.json ? I have a feeling, that the settings have been detected wrong. But I can also be totally wrong. Nothing useful, at least more me, in the logs. The Patcher version is ok. That's the newest version.

Hello,

unfortunately there is nothing in the treat of Zyna and Ladadoos that is equal to my problem. For myself i tried out to reinstall frame network - doesnt work and manually increase the "applicationhangtime" in the regestry manually (default is 5 sec. i increased it to 30 sec.)  - doesnt work. Im absolutly lost.

Can you maybe check point 2 again in our troubleshooting topic? Add an exception to your anti virus and also check the quarantine. Remove any files in there which are related to your BattleForge installation.

Which anti virus do you use? Are there any proxies in your network or did you otherwise change your networking settings on your PC. Maybe for another game?

I talked at least to Zyna again and no other idea came up which could help solving this. Except upgrading to Windows 10. I'd also recommend to upgrade in the near future. Windows 7 isn't supported anymore by Microsoft. So you will get way more problems in the future. Also with other applications.

I repeated point 2 of  your trobleshooting topic (I use Norton  360). I tried installing and starting  while norton was deaktivated - no influence. Battleforge is default in on the green list in Norton and there are not any  Battleforge file is in the Norton quarantine. I dont use proxies in my network. Ok then I will be forced ot upgrade my Windows version.

Tank you for your help and efforts to slove my problem.

Hello again,

i finally decided to upgrade my window 7 to windows 10. But I dont have luck. now there is another problem. Installation and patcher-updating (v0.9), all works well. But when I click on Play on the patcher the loading wheel short appears and then the patcher is closed and nothing happens (so I cant come on the loggin screen - befor updating to windows 10 this works at least).  I tried out all the tobleshooting tipps form you including the two for windows 10. Allways the same, I click on Play - short loading wheel- patcher is closed- nothing.

I hope this is an error that can be sloved.

_log_proxy_latest.log

I was able  to slove the problem. I tried out point 6 of you trouble schoting tread a second time. After that i was able to come into the game.

But there is the next problem. Everytime I have closed the game, when I will start again, I have to delete the battleforge file in documents, so that the game can redetect settings (therefore all settings from the last gamestart are resetet- in means only windows mode...etc), because otherwise it doesnt start. This happens even thoug I set the file properties of battleforge on not read only. It seems that the game dont save this setting.

Did you try these two points? If they don't help, you could reproduce the crash, and then send us the crashdata.mdmp, which is in the same location as the _log_proxy_latest.log.

9. Force BattleForge to run in DX9 Mode
Locate the config.json file under in your Documents\BattleForge folder (Default location: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Battleforge\) and open it with Notepad (or any other text editor) by right-clicking on the file and selecting Open With > Choose Default Program… from the local menu.
Once the file has opened, find the entry maxshader and change the value after the double point from false to 768.
Before:
maxshader: false,
After: maxshader: 768
Save and close config.json, then start the game through the updater by double-clicking on SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe within the folder the client has been extracted to.

10. Turn off Anti-aliasing
Locate the config.json file under in your Documents\BattleForge folder (Default location: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Battleforge\) and open it with Notepad (or any other text editor) by right-clicking on the file and selecting Open With > Choose Default Program… from the local menu.
Once the file has opened, find the entry screenaasamples and change the value to 0.

Before: screenaasamples: ?,
After:
screenaasamples: 0,
Save and close 
config.json, then start the game through the updater by double-clicking on SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe within the folder the client has been extracted to. Still having issues? Check out the Technical Support forums and continue below.

Thank you verry much,

problem is sloved. I tried out this points two times before but I made the mistake that I always want to start bf with the shortcut on the desctop (i didnt realized that it is essential to start with the SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe). At the end one question to the graphic settings. I can change all settings except SSAO (there is shown: Notice that this option is not avaible under Dx 9). There are two slove suggestions from a former tread (DX9/dxdisable from 6 to 0)   Dx9 is installed and in the config.joson file  dxdisable is default already set to "0", but Im still not able to activate the SSAO option.

I like that you don't give up like other people usually do. Big thumbs up for that.

Did you make sure, that you're using the latest and compatible graphics driver after upgrading to Windows 10? Windows 10 often installs a basic display driver or an outdated version of the one for your graphics card.

Thank you for the compliment.

After the upgrade to Windows 10 I have installed the lates avaible graphic driver (vers.: 461.09). I think the lack SSAO is not realy bad. With the other settings on max the game looks realy nice and i dont think that SSAO will have a big impact on graphicqualitiy.  More important for me is that the game now is running. At this point thank you verry much again. Without your help I never were able to handle this problem and bring skylords reburn to run.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use