Trashcan for useless cards

Gnougnou

Hi everyone,

We all have those useless cards that cost 3 BF on the market, which already has 5 pages of people selling said card.
That would be great if we could trash all those cards in exchange for 2 BF.

You basically "lose" 1BF but get rid of it instantly, instead of wasting time on the market. Because a lot of people will rather destroy the card than bother selling it, the supply of the card will decrease and its price may go up. This will fluctuate until demand/supply even.

What do you think ?

Edited by Gnougnou
Sebu likes this

Here are two questions that come to my mind:

How are you going to make sure everyone doesn't buy the (cheap) cards and converts them, leaving basically none for the new players? Is relying on supply/demand really enough to prevent this?

2 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

How are you going to make sure everyone doesn't buy the (cheap) cards and converts them, leaving basically none for the new players? Is relying on supply/demand really enough to prevent this?

I'm pretty sure that some people are making BF only on market prices. If pages of windweavers or stuff like that start to disappear, they will be the first to notice and start selling them for 10BF or so. Also, people can still WTB in chat (which the average Joe is totally NOT gonna do).

In other words, no, I have no way of knowing if it's gonna be enough :D But I would totally sell my basic cards if I can make 5-6BF on them with a supply cut in half.

• 4 weeks later...

Opening a booster and seeing a 23rd copy of Earth Crystal isn't going to be useful to anyone. Being able to recycle them for a scrap of bfp is at least something.

Exchanging them for other cards sounds abusable though, even if it's random. Turn three Envenoms into a Shaman? Three Evocator's Woe (currently 20 bfp) into an Enlightenment (3k atm)?

Edited by Chronopie
Ca7 likes this

I think the game would benefit from some sort of long-term culling mechanic for cards, BFP and gold.

Also, rolling the dice is already part of the core experience when opening boosters.

As such I think it would be in line to offer a reroll of sorts. For example three same-rarity cards and some BFP/gold rerolled for another card of equal rarity with a chance of getting one rarity higher.

One might argue that people would then simply buy up all the cheap rares and ultra-rares to reroll. But that rise in demand would then also mean that those cards rise in value. And with boosters having a fixed price, it would make even "bad" cards in boosters have some sort of innate value.

To evaluate pros and cons would be up to the design team but in general there needs to be a long-term sink, which is an acknowledged issue.

On 1/13/2021 at 3:42 PM, Ladadoos said:

You could make it something like "trade 10 of the same type of card for 10 bfp." That way you can only trash once you have more than 10 (could also be 5 cards for 5bfp), so there's still some incentive to put these cards on the AH just in case, and you'll probably have some on-hand in case there's a new player in the chat looking to get some commons for cheap.

1 hour ago, Cocofang said:

One might argue that people would then simply buy up all the cheap rares and ultra-rares to reroll. But that rise in demand would then also mean that those cards rise in value. And with boosters having a fixed price, it would make even "bad" cards in boosters have some sort of innate value.

I like this idea--although as a consequence, it would also mean that super-expensive cards like enlightenment or infect go down in value. But I'm all-for reducing the price discrepancy across cards of the same rarity. I guess one restriction should be that you need to have the rerolled cards at U3, so you still have to invest the gold and you can't get rid of your last copy?

30 minutes ago, Eirias said:

I like this idea--although as a consequence, it would also mean that super-expensive cards like enlightenment or infect go down in value. But I'm all-for reducing the price discrepancy across cards of the same rarity. I guess one restriction should be that you need to have the rerolled cards at U3, so you still have to invest the gold and you can't get rid of your last copy?

Potentially offset by an increase in price for less sought after cards. I'd say the amount of BFP/Gold you have to pay in order to reroll is based on card rarity.

It would definitely shake up the AH. Questionable how it would affect people that already have all the cards (they want). Probably not good enough as a definitive card/bfp/gold sink forever.