PvP with hidden map

McChristian

I think its a very annoying think that a PvP game shows you what you enemy is doing, especially in RTS games. 

Someone already tought about a "dark" map in PvP? I just don't like how the pvp game seens like a ''rush'' think, and because of that a lot of cards can't be use in this mode.

There are no vision generation tools in this game, and there is very slow, fragile economy.

If fog of war existed, you'd end up having T1 rushes all the time, or would need to significantly buff towers/other defensive tools. Neither is a good situation.

PvP in Battleforge is a lot of about game knowledge, you must react correctly to what your opponent does. Game would lose a lot of value, if a single unit spam became significantly stronger due to lack of vision - few would invest 100 power into power well in this situation. Game could became "rock paper scizzors", and from my experience it's a very cancer design.

Game meta would change significantly, and probably in a bad direction, or would require new maps pool with significantly larger battlefields. If such maps had much larger starting power, vast area, then perhaps even T4 could be viable in the game. That would be different experience, though.

Edited by Dallarian
Sekij likes this