Need advice Lost Spirit Ship rPvE deck

I want to prepare for rPvE lvl 10 but feel the deck that I am currently using for lvl 9 has a lot of gaps.

pgjbJDO.png

I observed the following, in order of how strong I think the cards should be replaced:

• Embalmer Shrine - I do not feel this is very useful for the main and only use with Shadow Phoenix.
  • Furnace of Flesh & Decomposer - Also using Shadow Phoenix, which most of the time cannot be sacrifices and with the base units of 5x Windweavers and 1x Dryad, I feel like this is cumbersome and could instead use a much better replacement. Most of the time, it would only net in 200-300 void and takes up 2 slots of my deck.
  • Matter Mastery - I bought this for Willzapper buildings of Twilight, but found they are not that useful. Most of the time I am already paralyzed before I can take over the building. But this might also because I might do something wrong.
  • 2x lvl 1 orb CC Spells - I have both Ensnaring Root and Hurricane. I find both to be useful in different cases, but I am aware Hurricane is useful in very specific cases.

Cards I am thinking of adding:

• Incredible Mo - Mainly for the third buff so spells are not blocked
  • Aoe spell - Anything like Earthshaker or Thunderstorm

------

Any advice is welcome :)

Edited by nkmol

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply

First: Your deck does not look that bad for first steps in BG10 I think - I see worse everyday. Additionally your Deck is close to the meta which in any case indicates a certain knowledge of the subject :)

I take your text and add my thougts:

Embalmer Shrine - I do not feel this is very useful for the main and only use with Shadow Phoenix.

For the most BG10 one player taking Embalmers will be close to mandatory :D But speak with your group who is taking what buff buildings, don't waste card slots here.

Furnace of Flesh & Decomposer - Also using Shadow Phoenix, which most of the time cannot be sacrifices and with the base units of 5x Windweavers and 1x Dryad, I feel like this is cumbersome and could instead use a much better replacement. Most of the time, it would only net in 200-300 void and takes up 2 slots of my deck.

Can be valid, in certain speedrun matchups, but in the most cases the Voidreturn should do this work, a.k.a. ASAP Sow.

Matter Mastery - I bought this for Willzapper buildings of Twilight, but found they are not that useful. Most of the time I am already paralyzed before I can take over the building. But this might also because I might do something wrong.

It works but needs a little practice. Take the spell on your cursor before you see the first towers of a camp. Assume for the later camps one Willzapper in the first row on either side. As soon as you can see, spam the spell on the tower while running into the camp. Usually you can get the Zapper before it gets your Units.

2x lvl 1 orb CC Spells - I have both Ensnaring Root and Hurricane. I find both to be useful in different cases, but I am aware Hurricane is useful in very specific cases

For BG9 I would recommend to take one out, for BG10 I would usually take both and even add Dryad Blue and/or Mark of the Keeper in your T1. For random BG10 I would love to have both.

Cards I am thinking of adding:

Incredible Mo - Mainly for the third buff so spells are not blocked

As Embalmers above

Aoe spell - Anything like Earthshaker or Thunderstorm

Both great spells, always good "fillers" (and there are more such spells, that fit situational to most decks)

If you got more questions, please feel free to ask

Greets

Volin

Edited by Volin

@Volin Thanks for your insightful post :)

For the most BG10 one player taking Embalmers will be close to mandatory

I was not aware Embalmer Shrine being so important. Could you maybe elaborate on the use-cases and why this is so important in rPvE10?

Thanks once again for you knowledge.

In (4player) BG10 you can have awefull t3 camps to clear, if you play random maps you should expect that the enemy can be stonekin and that means in BG10 ugly T4 Walkers and/or Tortuguns in the t3 camps.

The less bloddiest way to a fast t3 camp kill is Phoenix. And an Embalmers Shrine makes them the most powerfull anti-ground t2 unit, even more if 2 or more people play those.

Ofc BG10 can be done by various decks, don't get me wrong. But the less experienced people are, the more I recommend to stick to the common meta, at least a bit.

Btw well played phoenix perform great against any faction

Edited by Volin