Patch #400022 - 01 January 2021

Zyna

Patch #400022

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies, and Skyfolks,

This update contains our first balance patch for the game and a minor fix, enjoy! Feedback to these changes can be given on the balancing discord. When you give feedback make sure to properly support your reasoning by including replays or video footage, otherwise it is not very helpful.

General fixes

• Fixed wrong amount of gained ELO displayed after a ranked PvP match.

General changes

• Added the option to select the reward distribution mode also for single player campaign.

Card changes

Hotfix

• Added missing ability "Accelerated Construction" to Northstar. The first upgrade was changed from "-5 construction time" to "-10 construction time" and the second upgrade was changed from "-5 construction time" to "-10 energy cost", and the energy cost was increased for the card at level 0 and 1.
  • Reverted accidental increase of tunneling ability with Deep One and Burrower.
  • Fixed [missing english text] ability for Stonekin Tempest (Purple) ability.
  • Fixed an issue with Gemeye (Green) where the paralyze ability did not apply anymore.
Teixeira, Dexirian, Deadman and 2 others like this

• Zyna pinned and featured this topic

I have qualms over the implementation of the following abilities: Rapid Construction, Accelerated Construction and Slowed Construction.

Transparency for build time modifiers is good. Clarifying card information, cleanly, is the mark of proper design. However the present change has both format issues and ambiguity. See the following example of what I am bothered by:

makeshiftconstr.png.ecf40c64fae9b5f378bd60f42e48be17.pnggloryconstr.png.a05662f92017b9490ee6cb5bd4f0edc9.png

I now present Northstar, a building card missed by this patch.

north1constr.png.f684172aff9016774572dd0013a9b255.png

north4constr.png.8415edea57eb8a9149f6f477c459b3eb.png

Personally I prefer Northstar's formatting where the construction speed is noted in the tooltip, instead than a new ability that leads to visual clutter. Also "Slow Construction " would be more correct than "Slowed Construction".

Loriens and Zyna like this

38 minutes ago, DukeDublin said:

I have qualms over the implementation of the following abilities: Rapid Construction, Accelerated Construction and Slowed Construction.

Transparency for build time modifiers is good. Clarifying card information, cleanly, is the mark of proper design. However the present change has both format issues and ambiguity. See the following example of what I am bothered by:

Personally I prefer Northstar's formatting where the construction speed is noted in the tooltip, instead than a new ability that leads to visual clutter. Also "Slow Construction " would be more correct than "Slowed Construction".

Thanks, we added the missing ability to north star and removed the mention of "Rapid construction" in the tooltip. We plan to push this change tonight.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:23 AM, Horja said:

Hi,

Why the Treespirit nefr? :( he was not so strong due to the low mobility and slow attacks already, compared to a WW start.

It just lowers the intention to use anything else but ww on t1

In PvP it was really toxic, that's the reason.

• Ladadoos unpinned and unfeatured this topic