Patch #400021 - 31 December 2020

Ladadoos

Patch #400021 

Greetings Skylords,

This update contains mostly minor tweaks/fixes and quality of life improvements, but also an important new mode for PvP that allows players who want to grind their PvP decks to do so. We have heard your feedback on the free PvP decks and hope this is a good compromise. 

General changes

• Made mini boosters untradeable. These boosters were meant to be opened and not traded, and we noticed some players were trying to scam with this booster.

• Added "Unlimited" PvP mode for sparring. In this sparring mode players can use both the free PvP cards and the cards from their own collection. This is unlike the "Collection" sparring PvP mode which was changed to allow players to only use cards from their own collection (and will not allow free PvP cards to be used). Ranked PvP works as before and players can freely choose what cards they would like to use.

• Matches played alone will now not kick the player if they go AFK. Instead, they will not receive any BFP from their daily boost and will also not progress in any quest or achievement. They will still receive the rewards for completing the match (this includes the upgrades).

• The Ravenheart card as reward from the achievement "Blight's Black Heart" is now tradable. All Ravenheart cards from this achievement have been made tradeable.

• Added an option to save your password in the login screen.

General fixes

• Improved the description and translations of several achievements and quests.
  • Minor adjustments to UI elements in the quests window.
  • Fixed very rarely being able to open gold chests multiple times.
  • Fixed various issues with distributing rewards and updating UI in the post-game screen.

Skylords first, official Patchnotes :')

Hopefully the changes to PvP queues will be a good compromise for people that rely on the 120 decks to compete and those that wish to collect and build their own decks.

Speaking of patchnotes, when can we expect the first balancing patchnotes? The ETA for the balance patch was 01.01.21, right?

12 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

Speaking of patchnotes, when can we expect the first balancing patchnotes? The ETA for the balance patch was 01.01.21, right?

They will be made public on the day we plan to release the balancing update. Patrons get the release notes earlier. 

7 hours ago, Ladadoos said:
  • Matches played alone will now not kick the player if they go AFK. Instead, they will not receive any BFP from their daily boost and will also not progress in any quest or achievement. They will still receive the rewards for completing the match (this includes the upgrades).

I understand giving no BFP, because people would go afk to farm them.

For quests like summon cards/spending energy to not exploid it is okay.

But for the achievement to have cleared all maps on X diffuculy i think it would be quite annoying. If you play a map that takes long, have to make a short brake (your team mate keeps def running in that time) and than go back, finish the map together and have to do it all again because it didn't count would be realy sad. I didn't see an achievement where going afk would have an positive effect. But maybe there are exploids i don't see here yet.

8 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

Matches played alone will now not kick the player if they go AFK. Instead, they will not receive any BFP from their daily boost and will also not progress in any quest or achievement. They will still receive the rewards for completing the match (this includes the upgrades).

I see it nice, ty devs :)

2 hours ago, DrPsy said:

I understand giving no BFP, because people would go afk to farm them.

For quests like summon cards/spending energy to not exploid it is okay.

But for the achievement to have cleared all maps on X diffuculy i think it would be quite annoying. If you play a map that takes long, have to make a short brake (your team mate keeps def running in that time) and than go back, finish the map together and have to do it all again because it didn't count would be realy sad. I didn't see an achievement where going afk would have an positive effect. But maybe there are exploids i don't see here yet.

I second this. It's a good change! But a counted map clear would be nice, too

22 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

Patch #400021 

General changes.

• Added "Unlimited" PvP mode for sparring. In this sparring mode players can use both the free PvP cards and the cards from their own collection. This is unlike the "Collection" sparring PvP mode which was changed to allow players to only use cards from their own collection (and will not allow free PvP cards to be used). Ranked PvP works as before and players can freely choose what cards they would like to use.

Unfortunately I dont think this is the right step. I do not expect many players to use that Collection Mode in Unranked. Thats something thats needed for Ranked! (Not Optional if you ask me!)

In unranked let people have fun with fully upgraded decks, but in ranked you should have to farm your cards n upgrades! 

• Ladadoos unpinned and unfeatured this topic