Blight Expert

MrKrumpli

Hello fellow skylords and skyladies,

This is a guide for the map Blight on expert.

When I played though the campaign this was the map i failed the most. In the first 2 attempts i couldn't clear the first 2 camps, and the other attempts i failed because my teammates died. This is a really unfogiving map, because of its short time limits. If you make a mistake you will get run over, and even if u can recover from the attack you lose time and probably will fail to clear the next camp.

There are 4 paths in the map, i will refer to them as bottom left, right and top left and right.  Bottom right is probably the easiest: manawing spam can clear the first 2 camps really easily. Top left can also use manawings to clear the first camp, but on the second it gets a bit tricky, you cant fly around the big tower and it kills manawings fast. I have the most experience with bottom left: i use forsakens with motivate to clear the first camp, build a breeding grounds and an embalmers shrine to support my shadow phoenixes. After i spawn my 5th bird there is an incoming attack. The phoenixes can clear that easily. After the attack i summon some more phoenixes so i have 6, then send them to destroy the 2nd spawn building. I use rippers, darkelf assasins and root to clear the remaining camp. After i get to tier 3 i can build an amii orb and send a giant wyrm with heals and unholy bonus to destroy the last camp in the middle. If you dont have amii monument im sure swamp drakes can also do the job. From this point the game  is pretty much won, at t4 the middle base should not be a problem. I use mostly ranged t4 units so switching the anti magic device helps a lot.

I hope this guide helps for those who struggle to finish this map. I didnt say anything about the top right path, because i haven't played on that position yet, but im sure forsakens and phoenixes can clear it also. 

This might not be the fastest way to complete it, but its a pretty reliable strategy.

My english is not perfect, but i hope its comprehensible.

Down there are two replays from me on this map. 

20201229_222548_12300_PvE_04p_Blight2.pmv 20201230_141411_12300_PvE_04p_Blight2.pmv

Edited by MrKrumpli

It's awesome! Thank you very much. I am working on the map as well, trying to develop strategies for every faction and every position. I'll make use of your replays ^^

Also they say top right is the hardest one, while bottom left is the easiest one.

Eu não tive tantas dificuldades pois na primeira vez que fui jogar no expert com meu irmão e mais 2 aleatorios conseguimos ganhar pois eu e meu irmão temos enlightment e batariel oque tornou o jogo muito mais fácil porque teriamos t4 apenas com 3 orbs oque ajudou bastante mas ainda sim demoramos 38 minutos pois só jogamos a 12 dias

Huge shoutout for the strat! I did the run twice and honestly, if you know that your teammate wont handle it all, you can ask them to give you their monument for a few seconds so you can build amii, then give it back to them. That way you can get t3 and you can build swamp drakes for attack and necroblasters for deff. Then after that, it gets easier.

7 hours ago, Blashyrkh said:

Hurts so much i can't use these replays anymore :ohno:  Is there a chance that it works again?

I think after a patch the old replays cannot be watched.

Here is another replay, we didnt play it till the end because the other players got run over, but u can see the idea of the strategy pretty clearly here. 

20210102_005127_12300_PvE_04p_Blight2.pmv

Edited by MrKrumpli

As a tip generally for 4p expert maps: If someone of your team can start with a Fountain of Rebirth (if possible two, or one by two players each). Healing units time and costefficient is very important when doing a map like Blight and FoR does this excellent in a global manner. 

I always use FoR for the SW and SE positions of Blight, where I have enough experience to be able to take one for the team. On the NW and NE positions I currently don't have enough experience to comfortably invest 60 or 120 energy into buildings at the start. 

Metagross31 and Dallarian like this

Have been experimenting on this map in the last couple of days (we even played some with MrKrumpli) and seems like most people have problems with the top-left position

Even when other lanes manage to get the timing, top-left usually fails clearing the 2nd camp, not the mention the 3rd one 

This usually brings an unfain towerdefense turtle mode for this position while waiting on others to be helped out and carried 

I practiced it a bit and managed to clear even the 3rd camp from top-left with ~1:30 time left with minor changes in Krumpli's strategy 

Replay below if anyone interested

Top left with 3rd camp clear.pmv

MrKrumpli and Volin like this

Made some self challenge to clear the 2nd base with pure decks from every starting position (!)

A lil trick which can help -> Sometimes we delay picking up the 2nd orb to have more time until the mini wave reaches our base

Pure Fire:

Bottom right is the easiest to clear with fire thanks to skyfire drakes, same as with Shadow Phoenix/ Mana wing so this replay is not added

Pure Frost:

Same as above, just with war eagles, so not added

Pure Nature:

Bottom left is already covered how to clear many times on this forum by Krumpli or the Speedrun Youtube so it is not added

Pure shadow:

Since Forsaken + Shadow Phoenixes is the most common strategy it is very much works the same so I do not made replicate replays

Please note these replays can be improved, mostly played with randoms so the outcome was never guaranteed

The purpose of these replays is to show the possibility of many ways to clear the 2nd bases (hardest part) , whatever deck you like to play

Hope it helps :)

Frost t1 bottom left .pmv pure fire bottom left.pmv Pure fire top left 2nd.pmv Pure fire top right.pmv Pure frost top left 2nd.pmv Pure frost top right 2nd.pmv Pure Nature bottom right.pmv Pure Nature top left.pmv Pure Nature top right.pmv

Mynoduesp, Volin, MrKrumpli and 3 others like this