New campain mission idea, not quite.

JericoHellsangel

We currently have a couple campains, one that is about the Ice and Twilight, rogan becoming a king. One with Bandits and Fire with Mo becomming a king. One with... something something kings and oh the lost are there somewhere.

So right now we only have 1 mission where the shadow faction is involved and they are the dark monsters and since the Nox heavily remind me of the Nod in C&C i kinda want to have them as the enemy faction in another campain. I really would find it halarious when the mission starts and your / or your allies walls would get completly wiped out by Nox carriers and  multiple nox trooper squads behind them as they invade and then create a big base with towers and alot of useful buildings for themselfs there. The reason they do that is because there is a big mausoleum of the lost that was guarded by Rogan kayles army with the help of some nature factions that he got to be allies with after varidia died since she was friendly to him and his folk and they use mostly shamans and other ogre units. The nox want to create ashbone pyros and necrofuries by using necromancy. You have to not only drive them away but also manage and calm the lost, by assisting and defending the shamans, since they are furious about the invasion.

Something like that would be fun in my mind. It could even be a 2 or 4 man mission. If a story expension means also a new faction then maybe the mausoleum/graveyard could be guarded by the new faction instead of Rogan and nature friends and it´s your job to ally them over the campain.

This mission initialy came up just because i love the nox trooper, ashbone pyros and the concept of the nox carrier. I love their voicelines and it´s such a funny thought for me to see the nox carrier do their thing and me wanting to actualy see it play out and then it went from there.

This is not a refined suggestion and just a redicilously rough draft of a mission but hope it actualy is something more people would enjoy.

Sounds like an awful mission to play on Expert difficulty ^^

There could be altars on the map, that have global range and gather corpses across the map to summon enemies, something similar to Deathray Altar on Ocean. Or a smaller ones that use Cultist Masters to summon things, and if you capture altars you can get some units for yourself, like in The Insane God.

Edited by Dallarian

Those altars could be the ones to pacify the Lost and either make them ally for this mission or make them spawn units for you against the Nox. The ultimate goal is to drive away the Nox and the enraged Lost is a "side" mission that gets easier the less Nox bases on the map but then the Nox mission is easier the more Lost are pacified. It would be a pick your Poison type of deal.

And when it comes to expert difficulty... Well we haven´t seen overlord npcs as far as i know so they could be commanders of the bases while the lost could attack with warlords after a while. I mean in Skylords the difficulty actualy ramps up significantly rather then with small steps.

In the mission where you have to save the pirates from Blight while twilight attacks, on standard you can build a couple towers and you are safe from the twilight permanently, that is impossible on advanced alone and you have to migrate with artilery waiting for you. On Expert it´s worse so yeah, you may need to work together in my mission more then usual.