Hotkeys for unit grouping

Metagross31

Today I played some games after the official release and noticed something that bothers me.
It is the fact, that there is no keyboard shortcut for grouping units, i.e. the +/- symbols in the top left, and no shortcuts for "select all groups" and "select all units", i.e. single/double click on the bell.

Would it be able to add those shortcuts?

The "Create Group" command (default CTRL+<1-0>) also adds new units to a selected group without having to select anything in the existing group.
@xs0ulLess Aside from the click and click+drag options, all these keybindings can be edited under the Hotkeys section in the in-game options menu.

Metagross31 likes this

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2020 at 11:05 AM, MrXLink said:

The "Create Group" command (default CTRL+<1-0>) also adds new units to a selected group without having to select anything in the existing group.
@xs0ulLess Aside from the click and click+drag options, all these keybindings can be edited under the Hotkeys section in the in-game options menu.

Hi there. I am searching exactly for the function you are describing. I want a hotkey to add marked units into an existing group without overwriting the group. For me, no matter what option I am using, the existing group is being overwritten. I always have to mark ALL UNITS I want to be in the group - I can not add units into an existing one.

Please help ;p

I dont know if theres something easier:

Select existing unit, hold SHIFT to select the additional units, use CTRL+<1-0> to recreate the group with the new rooster.
You can combine holding SHIFT with any other form of simplified unit selection (like doubleclicking on one unit to select every copy of that unit close by)