Too much grinding

Fimion

Hi

I dont know how other people feel about this but to me the game right now is very boring and frustrating.

I have to play game modes i dont even want to play just to get BFP and boosters, and since i usually dont have much time to play it will probably take me ages to get some good fully upgraded decks.

Im sure there are players who love grinding but for me the game is just no fun right now.

I think it would be a good idea to let people choose if they want to grind or if they want all cards fully upgraded right away.

Those fully upgraded cards should be non tradable so the economy doesnt collapse.

Let me know what you think of my Idea.

Fundus likes this

So basically, what we have with the free meta PVP decks? What is your complaint with them?

While the idea is legit, it also takes a way a lot of the experience and the motivation to actually play the game. But I think that the free decks are actually decent, if you just want a quick match with good cards. It is a good compromise.

Edited by OuhYesPlease

20 minutes ago, OuhYesPlease said:

So basically, what we have with the free meta PVP decks? What is your complaint with them?

While the idea is legit, it also takes a way a lot of the experience and the motivation to actually play the game. But I think that the free decks are actually decent, if you just want a quick match with good cards. It is a good compromise.

Well im not a PvP player, most of the time i just play rPvE.

In order to get good cards for rPvE id have to grind for a very long time and play game modes i dont enjoy.

1 hour ago, Fimion said:

Well im not a PvP player, most of the time i just play rPvE.

In order to get good cards for rPvE id have to grind for a very long time and play game modes i dont enjoy.

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose? Doing PvE with a fully upgraded  deck with overpowered cards is not even a challenge in most maps.

Edited by OuhYesPlease

15 minutes ago, OuhYesPlease said:

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose? Doing PvE with a fully upgraded  deck with overpowered cards is not even a challenge in most maps.

Depends on how youre playing, i usually play rPvE9 4 player matches only with 2 or 3 players

sometimes with certain rules, for example no Support Buildings or no Batariel. 

And for rPvE 10 you also need a very good deck.

OuhYesPlease likes this

I mean, collecting cards is the entire point of the game. The difference is you can't throw money at progression anymore.

They have to dissect the pay2win aspect somehow and replace it with progression. It's literally the first day, I don't think any arguments about slow progression hold much weight right now. Give it a week or two, you can buy a booster a day and safe BFP on the side too.

RuneSeeker likes this

this is the fun part for me about the game..you make the best out of the crappy cards you get and you save up some coin for that one fancy unit or whatever now and then. As far as i know, most if not all maps can even be played with the starter decks on expert.

Also i wonder why you handycap yourself by playing rPvE9 4 player matches only with 2 or 3 players or even do rPvE10 for the challenge, but at the same time want fully upgraded cards for free. You could have the same difficulty level in rPvE if you simply don't have the perfect meta-decks.

Today i struggled in rPvE again because i did not have any of these veryvery handy cards, to counter certain situations. Instead of rPvE 9 or 10 i played more 6 or 7 BG lvls with the same challenge and fun when i could finish it with my starter decks.

AddAcc42 likes this

5 hours ago, shroomion said:

this is the fun part for me about the game..you make the best out of the crappy cards you get and you save up some coin for that one fancy unit or whatever now and then. As far as i know, most if not all maps can even be played with the starter decks on expert.

Also i wonder why you handycap yourself by playing rPvE9 4 player matches only with 2 or 3 players or even do rPvE10 for the challenge, but at the same time want fully upgraded cards for free. You could have the same difficulty level in rPvE if you simply don't have the perfect meta-decks.

Today i struggled in rPvE again because i did not have any of these veryvery handy cards, to counter certain situations. Instead of rPvE 9 or 10 i played more 6 or 7 BG lvls with the same challenge and fun when i could finish it with my starter decks.

To me the grinding part of this game is the worst part and im not the only one who doesnt enjoy it.

I dont see why players shouldnt have to option to get all cards fully upgraded right away, as long as they cant be traded.

Or another option would be to add some PvE decks to those lvl 120 PvP decks, or at least let players use those cards in PvE mode.

Right now im playing on the test server but unfortunately me and my friend are the only people who play on this server.

5 hours ago, Fimion said:

I dont see why players shouldnt have to option to get all cards fully upgraded right away, as long as they cant be traded.

Because collecting is a fundamental and integral part of this collectible card game. How did you even get into this game back then in the first place if you don't like slowly building up your collection? Did you just drop a 1000 bucks to buy everything?

21 minutes ago, Fimion said:

More like 1500-2000 euros, because i wanted all promo cards :)

Hm, well. Guess you just have to deal with the fact that this is not a Pay2Win game to whale it out anymore. The "slowly building up a collection" part isn't going anywhere, that's for sure. I am actually surprised the test server is even freely accessible anymore.

14 minutes ago, Cocofang said:

Hm, well. Guess you just have to deal with the fact that this is not a Pay2Win game to whale it out anymore. The "slowly building up a collection" part isn't going anywhere, that's for sure. I am actually surprised the test server is even freely accessible anymore.

As we speak there is exactly 1 person on the test server, and 1121 players on the main server. We don't want to restrict access to the test server, because there's already barely anyone testing new balancing changes and features as of right now.

6 minutes ago, Zyna said:

As we speak there is exactly 1 person on the test server, and 1121 players on the main server. We don't want to restrict access to the test server, because there's already barely anyone testing new balancing changes and features as of right now.

Yeah, makes sense as long as the community isn't getting split. Grats on the smooth launch btw.

Zyna likes this

9 minutes ago, Zyna said:

Well as long as you dont shut down the test server im happy ^^

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 12:11 AM, Kupert said:

The only grind that is too much grind are the reserves achievements

That can be solved with some neat trick if you got a day free. Its over after that. I am fine with these things. (e.g. in WoW as well there are some pretty hard and gind achievements)

I just hope they introduce more.

I don't mind the grinding. What I would like tho', is the ability to choose which daily missions I want to do. Playing everyday isn't an issue, but being forced to do this stupid "Bad Harvest" mission every 2 days is driving me crazy. Sometimes, I don't mind doing missions that *I* pick, like when I try to make an Expert difficulty. Sometimes, I wanna chill on rPVE. But no, I gotta do whatever the game tells me to do, otherwise I'll sit on a huge BF income. Sure, I can reroll, but what if it is even worse ?

Currently, daily missions are a chore that I'll do until I can't anymore. I don't wanna spawn 65 shadow/frost/whatnot cards just because. I don't wanna play Bad Harvest 5 times a week. Let me grind the way I want, that will make me play the game even more, and very probably stay longer in the long term.

Edited by Gnougnou

So from what I have seen now, the amount of struggle you experience is very dependent on your luck. People that get lucky pulls can build up a big pool of BFP in a short time. Which enables them to open even more booster, forcing a good pull eventually, recouping their BFP and so on.

It also depends on how much cards you want to collect. If you don't care for certain, valuable cards it means you will build up much more BFP through sales.

Another common approach is to sell the daily booster for a profit. But I think that only becomes viable after you have a solid card inventory. In the beginning you just need so much stuff that it's probably better to just go with boosters for a solid foundation and lucky pulls.

An exception are probably people that only want one deck or two and play nothing else. For them selling their daily booster is a viable strategy.

Overall, I think you can progress steadily and even if you keep most cards to yourself, rather quickly.

HOWEVER, it is important to note that boosters are 100 BFP cheaper by default now. Even if you keep your booster, you are left with 150 excess BFP. That's a very solid amount. Will be a different story once boosters leave you with only 50 BFP extra. Add to that whatever extra BFP you drain from your reserve. Then the decision to sell or open a booster will be much more important. It might also influence BFP prices for cards across the board.

That's when the current progression system will truly be put to the test.