Corsair deployable units and units which have been snatched by Nightguard.

shroomion

While Nightguard is already a nice card to have and play, i must say the Corsair is a lacking rare.. the deployable units( commandos&banditos) as well as the snatched ones from Nightguards should give the possibility to capture orbs and let buildings be built next to them IF(!) they get in contact with an own ground entity which allows for the same actions. That way you can keep running and building with your x bandito-squads as long as at least one of the previous batch survives a battle. I tried to play a deck with them and the corsairs are a very fun unit to play especially if you spam banditos like a lunatic. They are not OP or even comparable to souldhunter imo, because their banditos and commandos actually take away from the unit limit and by the time you deploy them(, these little armies are not really cutting it anymore(even thought the dmg buff for them is insane they simply get run over and knocked around).  (That aside- having the summoned units take away no army points at all might be OP.) Also you have to let the corsairs do their thing and not move them around if you want to make use of their main cannon otherwise their damage is quite weak. Sadly it resets its attack animation if you move them which makes their dmg output even weaker. But you really have to move them around because their hp is also quite low. What are your thoughts about this? The only way i can see them as very useful is maybe as a turtle feeder? If you have a turtle that is...

Corsair gives aura of +50% dmg to human

You drop 4 banditos. For 100 or something?

Bandito passive: +50% dmg per every 3 allied units nearby.

630 small dmg +315 +315 give or take (was it 630?)= 1260 per bandito easy Minimum.

If the banditos weren't small squad units and thus get knocked flying per sneeze and also can't capture, dropping close to 5k+ dps worth of anti-small dmg from a flying unit would be gamebreaking.

• 6 months later...

If I recall correctly, the dropped units of Corsair used to be able to capture orbs and monuments but this caused problems in pvp.

And here is where i have problems. There are effectively 2 types of units, that differentiate themselves mainly in 2 atributes.

"Real" units:

- Bound by the unit cap

- Can capture / allow playing of cards around them

Summoned units (f.e. from Satanel):

- Ignore Unit cap

- Can't capture / don't allow playing cards

Then we have the Corsair:

- Bound by the unit cap

- Can't capture / don't allow playing cards

In short, they turned the units spawned by Corsair into summons (which i absolutly understand) but kept the non-summon restrictions. Worst of both worlds with no upsides.

Either the bandits should be able to capture again (can't see that happening) or unbind them from the unit cap like all summons, to get them in line with the rest.

• 2 months later...

Due to technical issues, this will likely be entirely removed in the longterm :

On 7/3/2021 at 9:57 PM, Wurgel said:

Summoned units (f.e. from Satanel):

- Ignore Unit cap

They might get converted into a soft exceed of the cap (a category that was not shown in the list, but is already the case for stuff like viridya's tree spirits.) Then you could summon them at least X times if you have already exceeded the cap, but not unlimited.

Edited by LEBOVIN