Skylord's Edition Rarity Seal Concept Art

Weak1ings

I was curious what the rarity seal for a card introduced to the game would look like so I started drafting up a concept of what I thought it'd look like and found my work good enough to share:

hq9w1C8.png

XAv7Lcd.jpg

I chose a Phoenix-type bird because it is kind of representative of this project; bringing something back from the dead a little like a Phoenix but considering all the work our glorious devs have done, gears might be more representative as it didn't come back on its own and took many years of hard work to create.

Anyways Here's a question:

Is there already a planned seal and could I view it somewhere?

About said image:

Everything is original except for the bird and as such is not completely my own work in this iteration. I am willing to design something and the process to implant it on this image is rather simple but something like that was outside the scope of my original scope at the time. (will be linked in spoiler) It seems rarity colors are affected by a Hue excluding Twilight Edition in which there are four different seals.

Spoiler

Credits:

Gimp 2.0 Software used to make this

Phoenix found on google images, originating from here: https://phoenixpwn.com/

Completely Original Work by me you are free to modify: (adjust color by Colorize & Hue only)

Resolution: 540x540, on most cards it appears they scale down to 54x54 pixels so some error is acceptable when editing.

5LySKMD.png

19 hours ago, Weak1ings said:

Is there already a planned seal and could I view it somewhere?

We don't have any new seal as of now. It's also not planned yet, since we are not able to add new edition images to the game as of now due to technical limitations.

Weak1ings likes this

5 hours ago, Zyna said:

We don't have any new seal as of now. It's also not planned yet, since we are not able to add new edition images to the game as of now due to technical limitations.

What other limitations exist in terms of images and new cards? (or is there a place where this is documented so you don't have to answer everything individually?)

44 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

What other limitations exist in terms of images and new cards? (or is there a place where this is documented so you don't have to answer everything individually?)

Major limitations:
- We cannot add fire frost cards or 3-color cards. (same limitation as with the edition images), because we can't add new components to the card rendering.
- We cannot add new types of spells and new types of abilities. We are limited to roughly 100 different spell types, and 200 different ability types. Although the game is quite modular, so we can still create seemingly new stuff for new cards.
- We cannot add change or add models, animations, effects for cards. If we want to add new cards, we're limited to reskins for now.

Dallarian and Weak1ings like this

I believe if this awesome piece of work or anything similiar was to be used ingame in the future, it does need to be less detailed. Imagine the icon being used on the very small cards. It then seems very hard to still identify it as a phoenix. The other edition icons are simply less complex and thus easier to distinguish, and identifiable from afar.

On 12/5/2020 at 2:11 PM, LEBOVIN said:

I believe if this awesome piece of work or anything similiar was to be used ingame in the future, it does need to be less detailed. Imagine the icon being used on the very small cards. It then seems very hard to still identify it as a phoenix. The other edition icons are simply less complex and thus easier to distinguish, and identifiable from afar.

I agree, all of them are distinct and easy to recognize in a ~56x56 pixel image and it'd be a major consideration for future design & actual design of a Phoenix/whatever symbol is used (provided that devs can someday add such a something like this to the game)

Are there any instances ingame where one of these seals is seen in higher quality than said resolution?

Edited by Weak1ings
incorrect word

On 12/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, Zyna said:

Major limitations:
- We cannot add fire frost cards or 3-color cards. (same limitation as with the edition images), because we can't add new components to the card rendering.
- We cannot add new types of spells and new types of abilities. We are limited to roughly 100 different spell types, and 200 different ability types. Although the game is quite modular, so we can still create seemingly new stuff for new cards.
- We cannot add change or add models, animations, effects for cards. If we want to add new cards, we're limited to reskins for now.

Woot! So i get the chance to submit a design for an amii destroyer and it actually has a chance to become a playable card! :D