"Battleforge card game"

Bkingn

Hi guys!

I am working on a real life BF card game inspired by Battleforge, and LoR, if you guys have some ideas about my project please share your thoughts.

So first of all the main goal of the game is to build 4 Monuments OR reduce your opponents "life points" to 0. Its a Classic 1v1 card game more like a duel, both players starts with 20 life points and 1 chosen coloured Monument. Your deck must contain 20 cards and here comes the twist. You Will have an attacking hand and a defending hand, both hands has a limit of 7 cards which you can hold. so If you do the math it means you Will have 7-7 cards "in hand", therefor you have a 6 card drawing pool. Each round has a phase, meaning you Will always start your turn with drawing cards, you can draw any number of cards from 0 to 7 but you cant cross the 7 card limit in your hand. If you empty your drawing pool here comes the discard pool. Everytime you have no cards left to draw you shuffle back your discard pile into a new drawing pile. But how do you discard cards? At the end of your turn you have a chance to discard one of your cards, but if you dont want to discard any of them, then you dont do it. (this discard helps you to rotate your cards or to enable your hand to draw in the next turn.) In the attacking turn you draw to your attacking hand, in your defending turn you draw to your defending turn. If you want to place a card from your attacking hand to your defending hand it is sadly not possible, you need to discard the card you do not want in your hand and then pray for the elder gods to draw it. (just to spicy it up with some RNGesus). So you might understand the hand mechanics here is some more of the juicy RNG for you guys. At the very beginning of the game you can chose 4-4 cards from your 20 to start with and then draw 3-3 to make it 7. Therefor you Will have a chance to start the game but due to the random cards you Will need to think about your strategy.

Okay so if you guys know Legends of Runeterra this might be very familiar. I really liked the mechanics and the balance of playing a bit slower and react to each others play. Cards like Units, Buildings are placed on the "Forge" and played after each other, (P1 plays a Unit P2 can place one too or pass.). On the attacking turn you have 1 attacking phase meaning your units Will strike the enemys life point (calling it Main Monument Health) OR you can attack a building. Defending an attack is pretty easy you can chose between blocking the attack with a unit or let it go through. Units and Buildings costs "Energy" which i Will come back later. Buildings are also special they need 1 turn to build up. When in building phase they Will have only half of their original Health, easier to destroy them. 

Spells: Spells can be played anytime, and you can play any number of them. (not sure how about enemy reaction but i would like to leave it as it is for the limitless Chaos) They cost "0". you only need to match their monument requirement in order to play them. They go to the discard pile when played.

Energy: each player starts with 2 Power Well, each well gives 1 energy / round to the player so it means you will have 2 energy each rounds. You can flow your energy there is no limit. You can build 2 more Power Wells, but you can dominate 5 unique too. Dominating means you hit the requirement of the Special Power Well.

• Well of Units: 3 units on the Forge. (P1 has 3 but P2 has 4 units then P2 Will dominate that well stealing it from P1)
  • Well of Buildings: 3 Buildings. same as above.
  • Well of Life: Player has 10 or less Lifepoints.
  • Well of Giants: Player has a 4 Monument Unit.
  • Well of Spells: Player played a spell in the turn. (If P1 played 1 he gets the Well but if P2 played 2 spells in reaction he Will steal it.) This Well only stays for the next turn. You need to "feed" this well with Spells in order to get Energy.

Building Monuments costs energy. duh.

How do you play tier 2-3-4 units when you dont have the current requirement? Easy. Some Units or Building Will generate Affinity crystals. These crystals can be used only in the generated turn, and they can be 5 colours. Red(Fire) Blue(Frost) Green(Nature) Purple(Shadow) and Grey(Neutral). Using this special crystals will help you place next tier units (OR play next Tier Spells) into the Forge so you need to watch out. Also you cant play e.g.: at Tier 1 a Tier 3 unit, so you can only jump 1 Tier by these crystals.

SO short story long story i think this is enough for now. If you want to hear more about this or you have questions about the mechanics feel free to leave a comment. By the way its still in theory i did not started the card making yet but i Will use the OG cards from the game. I Will just Photoshop them to Match the game mechanics yeah im lazy but determind.