What is your perfect allrounder deck for (almost) any situaion?

I am looking for inspiration here.

I added mine. It can be used in almost any scenario. For tanky defense as well as offense. At t1 it can have the weakness of no air defense but the amazon, werebeast and fountain of rebirth combo did heal me through almost everything(also the amazon can take over flying beasts and send them to their death =)

Razorleaf defense suffers too much damage and dies too often?

For a better defense you can swap Root Nexus for a Healing Garden(more % in healing for a Razorleaf-based  defense).

Deepcoil Worm gets grilled while attacking?

If ray of light (+in theory amazon and fountain of rebirth aaand maybe healing garden as well) is not enought to keep the Deepcoil Worm alive if you use it offensively, then you can exchange one grinder(if you happen to have multiple copies of them- i use both because i just have one of each) for a t3 heal.

Units

T1 Werebeast, Amazon(n aff)   T2 Razorshard(n aff), Agressor(n aff)  T3 Razorleaf, Deepcoilworm  T4 Grinders (both aff), Gemeye(s aff) -by the way: i always wanted a Primeval Watcher for this but never had the patience to save the cash..Gemeyes are anyways awesome with their long range so screw it

Spells

T1 Hurrycane, Ensnaring roots, Curse of oink  T2 Ray of light, Coldsnap T3 / T4 Regrowth, Maelstrom

Buildings

T1 Fountain of Rebirth, T2 Breeding Grounds, Root Nexus(n aff) T3/4 Sylvan Gate(f aff)

not so cheap anymore.png

Edited by shroomion

Here is another one which has gotten me through many missions and some rpve matches. it is great fun to play. Honestly i originally made it just so that i would have an opportunity to play artillery.

Notes:

ORBS - shadow, fire, shadow(frenetic assault is worth more than unity), fire

Phase towers are fun. You can even make them viable for t2 if you put some Bandit Sorceresses into them. They increase the defense, the range of the attack AND the range of the teleport. Great fun.

Termite hill... It was like the artillery a card i never played and wanted a place for. If your towers are down and you have some rippers and skeletons tanking the enemy, it can actually be quite useful to tear down structures and walls. Take a phoenix if you want to minmax..it is all just personal preference.

If you get overrun on t2 and have no time or nerve for phasetowers, a simple ripper unit with life weaving + unholy power and a lava field to get the first dead unit can be VERY tanky.

If you see it is Lost Souls rpve then make less phase towers and more skeletons to charge the long range siege units. One could say - simply keep knox troopers as addition to the soulsplicer as backup for lost souls but i honestly like the skeletons with unholy armor and life weaving more..they are a supertanky protection for these lovely towers!

Healing is very viable and possible with fire or shadow and with both combined. It is just tied to precise micromanaging or better the placement of the spells and i wish there was a way to simplify this or make a macro to apply 2 spells at the same unit with one click! (hello devs!? :D)

If you have just one unit fighting a boss or so then unholy power + unholy hero + bloodthirst

If you run into an enemy camp and have multiple units then unity on the bunch of units plus unholy power and bloodhealing on an overlord which is not being attacked. Bloodhealing is very powerful if you pull it off in a combination and on the right unit.

However on a bad day it can be really hard to time all these spells. especially if you also want to micromanage a bloodhorn to shake off cc and charge into camps and buildings with it. On some harder BG 9 and such it can be a pain if you accidentially hit the wrong unit with bloodhealing after prepping another and such. it is one of the reasons i am only playing this deck when i feel like i can handle the stress xD

T4 defense is just nice. I finally got to use the buffed artilleries and some necrofuries in front of them. Behind it a soulsplicer. If the soulsplicer or multiple ones is not enough then you can spread the dmg over multiple necrofuries or get active with bloodthirst.

I know there are some cards which you may want to see in every Shadow deck, but i did not need them so far for this one.(undead army, motivate + infect, ressouce booster etc...)

Over all i think this deck plays really well until you hit t4 or you are getting tired...then you just wish you could spam those lazy nature spells to keep your troops marching. But hey, i wanted a deck with an artillery in it. If i had a turtle then i would have tried it out.

EDIT: I found out that windhunters are really useful in many scenarios and i put them into the deck. Smart would have been to replace the termite hill with them, but i replaced the lava field for now, because i wanted to test the hill on some maps before i have to give up on it.

Phasetowering.png

Edited by shroomion

This is a relatively standard Twilight deck but I've found it can perform almost any map regardless of difficulty. I've noticed that having a tier 1/2 tower and a tier 4 tower are often invaluable additions and make this deck go from a offensive deck to a all-rounder, Hatecasters are excellent towers to use whether it be bad harvest advanced, Empire Expert, Raven's End, its uses are endless! Don't forget that Twilight Minions can increase the damage of all of your twilight units by 30% when transformed, I often have them transform just for this ability in combat but Gladiatrix is generally my damage dealer at T2.

This deck is targeted towards campaign maps though as it doesn't include shrine of war and favors longer map times.

1064139607_(PNGImage8951000pixels)Scaled(93).thumb.png.a6dfc1e59af99e2af6b125f5f145d6c4.png

Edited by Weak1ings

• 2 weeks later...

@weak1ings Yes you are right about the towers..very often i dont use them but when i fk up pushing to get the orbs, or someone else gets disconnected at some point, they suddenly become the lifeline to get the mission done. hatecasters are also great sauce. if i recall correctly then they get killed by long range units, or am i wrong there..for those i would add the 60m range twilight bombard building. Man i hate these siege units when i am defending so much, i always add something long range to kill the fkers. @ThomasMann maulers are great, but for the slam i like amii phantoms more, they run after the slammed targets and keep them that way. also they get close to their ranged targets quicker. they have no place in his deck but they are badly underrated units.

Edited by shroomion