-Playerbase Increasing-

AlexBlade

Hello, I am a old battleforge player dating back from the first launches. I was very disappointed by EA studios by poor management of the project since I am a firm believer that this project was not Only ahead of its time, but also offered PC gamers a huge advantage over others in the gaming experience they could be offered, SINCE today we live in a society where most played games can marketed mass media project with poor experience given to the agents of the game, we must find ways to spread the word of this game launch and recruit as many RTS/TCG fans to at least try this game out! I have been following this team for a longer time and can only deeply and firmly appreciate the time they've really spent to make this all happen. I am no upper economic-class, hence my donations are barely minimal, but the least I can do is spread the word to all my FELLOW BROTHERs and gamers to try this thing with me on release!! ALL SUGGESTIONS are welcome, please proceed!

Well, it most certainly spearheaded the lootbox as a central piece to design a game around. The first and last game where my younger, more inexperienced and naive self would fall victim to the exploitative monetization model. Especially after it got shut down and all the money I spent was gone with nothing to show for.

It was a good teacher.

As to this iteration, Skylords, I am a bit worried that the wrong people catch wind of this project. Meaning someone at EA that has the power to shut it down and all of a sudden we will be greeted with a "EA issued a Cease and Desist, it was a good run!" banner at the top of this forum.

So at the very least I would be mindful of referring to this game as Skylords, never Battle Forge. And always stress that it is strictly non-profit, all free.

10 hours ago, Cocofang said:

As to this iteration, Skylords, I am a bit worried that the wrong people catch wind of this project. Meaning someone at EA that has the power to shut it down and all of a sudden we will be greeted with a "EA issued a Cease and Desist, it was a good run!" banner at the top of this forum.

Actually EA already knows about Skylords Reborn. There are a few stipulations in place, like not using the BattleForge trademark, but otherwise we are reasonably safe.

@AlexBlade One of the community ideas to spread the word was to focus a bunch of battleforge content creators into a single channel. It ended up that I basically made all the videos, but I still think the channel is a great way to grow the community if you want to share videos or even contribute yourself :) Also, it seems that a lot of players ended up finding their way to Skylords Reborn because of these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZLtgBj59SBfIZzcYWbxJVg

gemeiner Lauch and Metagross31 like this

I'd assume it wasn't CEO Andrew Wilson himself that gave the green light but someone us lowly plebeians can actually get a response from and as such it could easily be revoked. I doubt it went way up the ladder. This wouldn't be the first fan project that gets shut down even after explicit permission. The wrong person getting wind of this and it's gone. Or not even that, someone changing their minds does the trick as well.

You can't stop people entirely from calling it "Battle Forge" since that's what it is but at least from content creators a total rebrand to "Skylords" would be a little bit safer, I'd say.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:25 PM, Eirias said:

Actually EA already knows about Skylords Reborn. There are a few stipulations in place, like not using the BattleForge trademark, but otherwise we are reasonably safe.

@AlexBlade One of the community ideas to spread the word was to focus a bunch of battleforge content creators into a single channel. It ended up that I basically made all the videos, but I still think the channel is a great way to grow the community if you want to share videos or even contribute yourself :) Also, it seems that a lot of players ended up finding their way to Skylords Reborn because of these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZLtgBj59SBfIZzcYWbxJVg

Wait, is it actually possible to submit own videos to get uploaded to this channel? I didn't even know that! Cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I am also an veteran from 2009-2010~ and I have just read your discussion above, about calling it skylord reborns and not battleForge and so on.
I have only one suggestion for that, and thats the BFP. What do they reference for now? 
In the FAQ or the "All-You-Need-To-Know" Thread, its always only called: "BFP" (which is smart).

If you call them "Battle Forge Points", is it maybe smarter to call them "Skylord Reborn Points" ? (SRP) or "Skylord Forge Points" (SFP) ?

Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 2:16 PM, AlexBlade said:
On 11/15/2020 at 2:16 PM, AlexBlade said:

was very disappointed by EA studios by poor management of the project since I am a firm believer that this project was not Only ahead of its time

It was def ahead of its time which you can see by after Battleforge was gone a couple years ago later Hearthstone came out and the game was HOT!!!!

IT was owned by EA which took down a lot of wonderful games.