PvE Contest#2: Behind Enemy Lines until 29.11.2020

Toggy

Hello Skyladies and Skylords,

After the dust in the PvP arena settles there is still evil to slay: You are part of the Special SkyOps team and have to act independently behind enemy lines. Get in there and deal some serious damage before they notice what is going on!

What?

Speedrun contest on Behind Enemy Lines. Send me your quickest replay to participate.

Find the replays under Documents=>battleforge=>replays

Infos!

map: Behind Enemy Lines

difficulty: advanced

players: solo

restricted cards: Enlightenment, Amii Monument

Until when?

Send me your replays via Discord until 29.11.20. I will sort them and cast the quickest run.

Please only send your quickest and last replay you want to submit via Discord.

Prize pool!

1st place  - 3000 BFP + Juggernaut Promo

2nd place - 2000 BFP + Enlightenment

3rd place - 1000 BFP + Amii Monument

4th-last - 300 BFP

most creative strategy (in the top10) - 750BFP

If you guys like it there will be more and more of these little challenges in the future, let me know what you think about it.

Looking forward to several cool replays!

Greetings,

DasToggy

Edited by Toggy

23 hours ago, wanky said:

is it possible to add a booster after reset for sumitet replays? i like tha challanges, but this one is not worth to play if there is the wipe some days later :D

/wanky

Afaik it is not his decision to make. He is just a regular player like us, only the devs can decide if they support the challenge with additional benefits

Regardless, thank you @Toggy for making the challenge once again !

I will give it a try for sure

Jesus, and once again one of those maps I never understood before.

Your challenges, Toggy, have grounded me really well again. I realize more and more that I know even less than John Snow if I can't copy any known tactics :D

Actually, I should take the competition as an incentive, but unfortunately the first time I see it, it's already demotivating. But I will still give it a try if I find some time the next weeks.

Thanks for your efforts anyway @Toggy!

10 hours ago, Rankerz said:

Afaik it is not his decision to make. He is just a regular player like us, only the devs can decide if they support the challenge with additional benefits

Regardless, thank you @Toggy for making the challenge once again !

I will give it a try for sure

yea thats why i asket toggy in discord same time for this, that he can writh, if he want (its up to him to ask for this benefits from the deffs), if he want to.

/wanky 

12 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

The solution is easy, toggy simply donates all his earnings in the first few weeks post reset to buy us boosters :D 

the free PvP decks cover for his fire deck needs :P 

Ha you wish!

Yeah as mentioned above I cannot give out Booster codes to use after the reset.

@Volin When choosing a new map for a challenge I walk a fine line: Either take something conventional so experienced players have nothing new to explore but are comfortable or take a weird map which is less played and chase away some potential participants. This can be mixed up with more rules/restrictions which will come in the future. 

Playing on the test server is allowed until release.

Greetings,

DasToggy

1 hour ago, Toggy said:

When choosing a new map for a challenge I walk a fine line: Either take something conventional so experienced players have nothing new to explore but are comfortable or take a weird map which is less played and chase away some potential participants. This can be mixed up with more rules/restrictions which will come in the future.

And you did very well again! :)

I just thought it might be a good idea to mention my (failure) fears in public, just to show others with similar feelings that they are not alone.
I've been pretty high up in almost every BG10 ranking I've wanted to participate in over the last few months. What should some "casual" (not derogatory!) players think when they see the top times in your contests.  :D 

I just wanted to encourage others that have the same first thoughts to participate.

gemeiner Lauch likes this

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, really cool runs and really creative strategies used!
I am glad, that I dor once found a strat, at least for T1 that was viable, eventhough the rest was done very inefficient. It's always cool to see, how far some players can push these times down.

12 hours ago, Volin said:

Nice runs - really impressive!

Most creative attempt is imo the blind spot for flyers in the upper left used by Lebvim and Sylar - great idea guys!

If u post your replay I am curious to see how u did it :) Time was not bad either !

Edited by LEBOVIN

14 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

If u post your replay I am curious to see how u did it :) Time was not bad either !

Thanks, yeah, when I provided my replay I was quite sure to be third :P Then you came :) But when I see the huge difference between the top3 runs and mine, I am glad to be fourth anyways.

I used more or less the same approaches that I have seen in the 4 above linked replays. I think the biggest difference to the 10min times is that I need more spells and units due to lacking micromanagement :D

Ah and I am the only one in the field of the first 5 ranks that used a green start. Volin_BeL_Contest_12min21sek.pmv

Last thing: The first Disciple in the south should be encountered earlier - I was braindead in the end and made "new" mistakes all the time :)

• 3 weeks later...