We have a release date: December 18, 2020!

Ladadoos

damn..that is so evil. is there no smart way to circumvent it legally? Like hidden hints to a secret mission with cosmetic rewards in shared artwork, which is by chance only shared on patreon, or something? edit: I mean it like this: Everyone has access, but not everyone knows it is hiding in some seemingly impossible place with zero hints outside of patreon.

Edited by shroomion

18 minutes ago, shroomion said:

damn..that is so evil. is there no smart way to circumvent it legally? Like hidden hints to a secret mission with cosmetic rewards in shared artwork, which is by chance only shared on patreon, or something? edit: I mean it like this: Everyone has access, but not everyone knows it is hiding in some seemingly impossible place with zero hints outside of patreon.

First, that's probably still illegal and would get the stuff into trouble if it come out.

Second, as soon as some people on Patreon leak the information, everyone can get access.

Third, and imo most importantly, this would ruin the whole experience of the project for me. I love that this project is completely free and breaks with the whole pay2win concept of the old BF. Even if it is just coametics, I would feel left behind for not paying money - it would feel like a two class community. And since this game has a great community, this would make my experience with it way worse. I guess I am not the only person who would get turned off by it. I would actually rather donate now when I don't get rewarded for it.

tl;dr: just no, please don't do it.

Volin and Cryswar like this

11 hours ago, Metagross31 said:

First, that's probably still illegal and would get the stuff into trouble if it come out.

Second, as soon as some people on Patreon leak the information, everyone can get access.

Third, and imo most importantly, this would ruin the whole experience of the project for me. I love that this project is completely free and breaks with the whole pay2win concept of the old BF. Even if it is just coametics, I would feel left behind for not paying money - it would feel like a two class community. And since this game has a great community, this would make my experience with it way worse. I guess I am not the only person who would get turned off by it. I would actually rather donate now when I don't get rewarded for it.

tl;dr: just no, please don't do it.

Oh you got my motivation wrong here. I am not thinking about you or me or the players really. I just saw their patreon was quite small compared to what they have archieved. I was just thinking about giving some people who enjoy their work a little non-gamebreaking or pay to win kind of incentive to support them..like a last little push. I really would not feel like any second class player. I don't really understand why i would feel that way to be honest. I mostly feel gratitude. Why would someone leak this? For me it is hard to imagine, that people who go out of their way and donate to something they love and respect, would stab it in the back the next moment. Maybe i am just different than you in this regard. I don't have any intention of turning this into an argument and i would say we can leave those two opinions standing here just like that.

Have a good day!

OMG i miss shaman and nomad this was one of the first games ive ever played and sad to see it down on year 2013 and every month i would check if it ever comes back and they announce that a skylord team was remaking on facebook nearly 4-5 years ago and many people complained that its never coming back but i had hope every month i continue to check until now its finally annouced! so stoked this will be my main game for a long long time.

gemeiner Lauch and MrDanilov like this

8 hours ago, luckilyvz said:

OMG i miss shaman and nomad this was one of the first games ive ever played and sad to see it down on year 2013 and every month i would check if it ever comes back and they announce that a skylord team was remaking on facebook nearly 4-5 years ago and many people complained that its never coming back but i had hope every month i continue to check until now its finally annouced! so stoked this will be my main game for a long long time.

I hope you knew you could have been playing the open beta for quite a long time already right? you could be playing right now :D

8 hours ago, Timirbarran said:

yes! the reset is a necessary???.... i think i would not doing my collection again, twice since the very beggining ! so painfull... 

Yes, and among many reasons I think the most important one is: The dev team said so. Fostering trust and showing consistency is very important for the long term health of the project. Many people waited for the rested to get into the game again.

@shroomion Dude, EA could change its mind on a whim and Cease and Desist nuke this entire project tomorrow for absolutely no reason other than somebody over there woke up and felt like it. Would be a good idea to not give them any cue at all to rear their heads. This is built on sand as it is, better to not get smart with them, dancing around boundaries.

gemeiner Lauch, fiki574 and Zyna like this

On 11/26/2020 at 10:37 PM, Cocofang said:

Yes, and among many reasons I think the most important one is: The dev team said so. Fostering trust and showing consistency is very important for the long term health of the project. Many people waited for the rested to get into the game again.

@shroomion Dude, EA could change its mind on a whim and Cease and Desist nuke this entire project tomorrow for absolutely no reason other than somebody over there woke up and felt like it. Would be a good idea to not give them any cue at all to rear their heads. This is built on sand as it is, better to not get smart with them, dancing around boundaries.

they could if there was no violation of the agreement ? damn..well it is EA maybe you are right ^^

2 hours ago, shroomion said:

they could if there was no violation of the agreement ? damn..well it is EA maybe you are right ^^

There is no contract. It's just a verbal "go ahead" with some boundaries. They can retract that for any reason at any time.

It doesn't even have to do anything with EA specifically, this wouldn't be the first fan project about some IP that got verbal permission first but then ends up getting Cease and Desist-ed anyway.

10 hours ago, Cocofang said:

There is no contract. It's just a verbal "go ahead" with some boundaries. They can retract that for any reason at any time.

It doesn't even have to do anything with EA specifically, this wouldn't be the first fan project about some IP that got verbal permission first but then ends up getting Cease and Desist-ed anyway.

Fan projects that you're referring to most likely broke a part of the verbal agreement.

Fan projects I've been involved in, that got shut down, in 100% of the cases, had wrongdoing on their own end (this is my 4th fan project, previous 3 were DMCA'd).

It always boiled down to one thing: trying to monetize a part of the game, and not be particularly careful or clever about it.

However, this does not mean that a similar fate awaits us, or that we should live in the fear of being shut down. So far, the EA has been nice for the past 5 years, hopefully it continues because we've been pretty strict about behaving according to our verbal agreement with them. Any speculations or discussions about our takedown possibilities are pure, non-fact based guessings and just bring negative attention to the thread, and then consequently the project itself.

Only time will tell.

Long live the King.

Metagross31, Strider and Zyna like this

5 hours ago, fiki574 said:

Fan projects that you're referring to most likely broke a part of the verbal agreement.

Fan projects I've been involved in, that got shut down, in 100% of the cases, had wrongdoing on their own end (this is my 4th fan project, previous 3 were DMCA'd).

It always boiled down to one thing: trying to monetize a part of the game, and not be particularly careful or clever about it.

However, this does not mean that a similar fate awaits us, or that we should live in the fear of being shut down. So far, the EA has been nice for the past 5 years, hopefully it continues because we've been pretty strict about behaving according to our verbal agreement with them. Any speculations or discussions about our takedown possibilities are pure, non-fact based guessings and just bring negative attention to the thread, and then consequently the project itself.

Only time will tell.

Long live the King.

Could you salvage some pieces of your work in those shut-down-projects, or could they even be revived with different creative content like artwork, voice-acting and story? or was everything but the experience simply gone?

16 hours ago, shroomion said:

Could you salvage some pieces of your work in those shut-down-projects, or could they even be revived with different creative content like artwork, voice-acting and story? or was everything but the experience simply gone?

Everything but experience is unfortunately gone. Those projects dated back to pre-2015.

Most of my public contributions and repositories can be found on my Github.

Great work guys, have been playing for some bit by now but to see that an awesome, abandoned game can be brought back to life by a bunch of hardcore fans in their sparetime is such a great success story. I've spread the word to some IT/Game etc news blogs in Germany inciting some coverage hopefully. You can thank me if the server collapses :troll:

Looking forward to more nostalgia around Christmas.

io

shroomion likes this

2 hours ago, JhonoBoy said:

Hello. Dont play for long time. Cant to enter in game. Is it still work or need to wait for 18 december?

The game should work and our server is online what does it say when you try to enter?

15 hours ago, luckilyvz said:

is there a way to get in or you have to be a member?

Metagross31 said it. Just hop in! I came back as soon as i read the news and since then i have been logging in pretty regularily, just to find that one perfect, cheap, fun, allrounder-deck to get a smooth start after the release xD lots of people can give you some cards now to try out. I got to try out a dreadnought yesterday..and now i know why this card was always too expensive for me lol. (Just op for defending. More fun than a worldbreaker gun.) You can also try out cards and combinations in the forge by clicking them when you view the possible contents of booster packs(all cards) or the auction house iirc. Have fun!

• Zyna unpinned and unfeatured this topic